Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 7

A Sweet Surprise

by BlueYoshi10 0 reviews

In which Zack takes Aerith to a candy store. /ZackAerith/

Category: Final Fantasy 7 - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Aeris Gainsborough,Zack - Published: 2010-11-25 - Updated: 2010-11-26 - 621 words - Complete

0Unrated
Title: A Sweet Surprise
Universe: Final Fantasy VII
Theme/Topic/s: candy store; sweet shop
Character/Pairing/s: Zack/Aerith
Rating: G
Word Count:590
Warning(s): fluff

"Okay, you can open your eyes now, Aerith," Zack said.

"Alright," Aerith said as she opened her eyes and then squealed in delight. Right in front of her was a small candy shop. Smiling, she grabbed Zack's hand and led him to the store's window. She sighed contently and pressed her face and free hand to the glass pane, "This is amazing, Zack. There are so many different types of candies here; I just can't choose which ones I want. They all look so good."

"Yep," Zack agreed, looking at the array of sweets on display, which were just begging to be sold: there were chocolates and caramels in various tins and boxes, as well as jars of colorful hard candies and lollipops. His mouth watered. "Let's go inside," he suggested, walking with Aerith to the door and opening it, "Ladies first."

Aerith chuckled, "You're such a gentlemen," she said, letting go of his hand and entering the tiny yet quaint building with him.

As the door closed behind the two, their senses of smell were immediately ensnared by the sweet aromas of the candies that were placed on the many shelves lining the store walls.

"Take whatever you want, Aerith. SOLDIER recently paid me," Zack said as he took off his gloves, put them in his pocket, took off his coat, and tied it around his waist, Aerith soon following suit.

Aerith's eyes sparkled, clearly happy with what she saw, "Hmm...what should I choose first?" she wondered aloud, placing a finger to her lips and looking around the store.

Zack laid a hand on her shoulder, "Well, how about some chocolates?"

Aerith nodded, "That sounds great!" she said happily, walking over to a shelf and picking up a box and then rushing over to Zack's side. "Umm...what else should I get?"

"Why don't you two choose something you like, but with a bit of a twist?" Aerith and Zack turned around and found themselves face-to-face with the store owner.

"Heh, sounds like a good idea," Zack said, brushing Aerith's hand.

With a warm smile, Aerith turned around to face Zack and was greeted with his lips. Her eyes widened in surprise for a moment, and then slowly fluttered shut due to the pleasure she was feeling. She wound her arms around his neck and he placed his arms around her waist and deepened the kiss, both of them completely disregarding the fact that they were in a candy store(the owner looked at them and chuckled).



Once they came up for air, they began to wander around the store, picking up various boxes, jars and tins and looking at the labels on them to see what they were.

After awhile, Aerith and Zack approached the check-out counter: Aerith was holding a couple of boxes of assorted chocolates, while Zack had several sticks of rock candy in his arms, each one of them a different color.

"We're ready," Zack announced, prompting the owner to come over to the counter.

With another chuckle and a beam, the owner quickly wrapped up the purchases they had made. "Thank you so much."

"You're welcome," Zack said, "So how much will this all be?"

"Twenty gil," the owner answered.

"Okay," Zack said, taking his wallet out of his back pocket and paying the owner.

"You two come back now," the owner said.

"We will," Zack assured her before he and Aerith put their coats and gloves back on and picked up their bags.

And with that, they both left the shop smiling, hand in hand.


XXX
Sign up to rate and review this story