Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Summer of Secrets

Chapter Fourteen

by godessoftrees 0 reviews

Ginny is pressured to accept help.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Ginny,Harry - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2010-11-27 - Updated: 2010-11-28 - 1679 words

-1Predictable
Warnings For This Chapter: cutting mentioned




Disclaimer: I own nothing.




Chapter Fourteen




Sunlightstreamed through the open windows of the Hospital Wing. Many beds lined each wall; beside each bed there was a closed privacy screen. The only bed taken was the one in the far corner, under the window. The screens were drawn around the bed, preventing any curious students from seeing who occupied it.




The room was eerily silent except for the rustle of book pages turning. Harry ran his hand through his hair and sighed; how was he supposed to concentrate on researching Everlasting Elixirs when his girlfriend was unconscious in the Hospital Wing? He hadn't left Ginny's side the entire weekend. She had only been out for two days, but Harry missed her terribly. He hoped she would wake soon. Whether she did or not, Harry knew Hermione would insist he attend class Monday.




So while Ron and Hermione used their Sunday afternoon to finish up last minute homework in the library, Harry half-heartedly attempted to finish his by Ginny's side. Finally, having had enough, he threw down his work and went to the window. Snow covered the grounds of Hogwarts and continued to fall. Seamus Finnigan, Dean Thomas, Lavender Brown, Parvati Patil, and several other Gryffindors were participating in asnow ball fight; Colin and Dennis Creevey were merrily rolling balls of snow together to build a snow man.




Harry sat back down beside Ginny and took her hand. He smiled when he saw the emerald ring on her finger. Harry would never forget the look on her face when Ginny opened up the small jewelry box and pulled out the emerald and white gold ring. He brushed his lips against the back of her hand and sighed once more.




It was then that it happened. At first it was a twitch, just a slight moving of the fingers. Harry looked up abruptly. He knew he shouldn't get his hopes up, but he couldn't hold back his excitement.




“Ginny?” Harry brushed a strand of red hair back from her face and leaned in closer to her. “Are you there? Wake up, Ginny, please wake up.”




She heard agroan, but didn't register that it was hers. Her eyes fluttered open and she immediately closed them from the bright light. Slowly, she tried to open them again, adjusting to the light.




“Harry?” Ginny asked.




“Oh thank Merlin. Ginny, I was so scared.” Harry kissed her forehead. When he pulled back he was smiling.




“Wh-what happened?” Ginny stammered. She pulled her hand out of Harry's and held it up. Her left wrist was heavily bandaged.




“Hermione went to see if you were okay after you left to get a shower. She was frantic when she came back down. I followed her upstairs and found you collapsed in the shower. You were still bleeding when I brought you here,” Harry explained.




Ginny sat stunned as Harry finished. She could have died. Of course it was an accident, but the reality of it all was still there. If Hermione hadn't come to check on her, Ginny would be dead.




“Are you all right?” Harry asked after a while.




Ginny shook her head to clear it of the fog before asking, “What did you tell everyone?”




Harry sighed heavily. “I had no choice, Ginny. I told you if things got worse, I would have to tell someone.”




Tears rolled down Ginny's cheeks. “Who knows?”




“To be honest, I don't know. Madam Pomfrey, of course; Hermione and I told her as soon as we brought you here. I know Hermione told Ron, and Iassume Madam Pomfrey told Dumbledore and McGonagall; both of them have been by here a few times.” Harry leaned back in his chair, waiting for her outburst of anger.




“Mum and Dad?” Ginny asked.




“I don't know for sure, but I would be willing to bet Dumbledore has spoken to them,” Harry answered.




Ginny wiped at her eyes and shook her head. “I'm not mad at you. You did warn me that if something happened. . . . I'm not mad at you.”




“You're not?” Harry looked at her in surprise.




“No.” Ginny shook her head. “I couldn't be mad at you. You saved my life, after all.”




Harry smiled at her. He stood up and kissed the top of her head. “Let me get Madam Pomfrey.”




Seconds later, Madam Pomfrey was checking her over, Harry waiting patiently on the other side of the screens. Once she was done, she asked Harry to join them and took a seat at Ginny's bedside.




“What happened, Miss Weasley?” Madam Pomfrey inquired.




“I was upset, so I went to take a shower and cool down…” Once Ginny began the whole story just tumbled out. Madam Pomfrey didn't interrupt, only nodding every few moments to show she was listening. When she was done, Madam Pomfrey sighed.




“If Miss Granger and Mr. Potter hadn't have found you, you would have died, Miss Weasley.”




“I know.” Ginny hung her head.




“This is not the first time you have been here because of this either. I am appalled that you lied to me in such a way. Especially you, Mr. Potter. Whether you promised Miss Weasley or not, it was your duty to tell me exactly what happened. If you had, this could have been prevented from happening a second time. I will assume that it won't happen a third.




“Now, following school policy, I had to inform the Headmaster, your Head of House, and your parents about this incident. They should be here shortly to discuss plans for your treatment.” Madam Pomfrey returned to her office.




“Oh no,” Ginny muttered, her head in her hands.




“What's wrong?” Harry took Madam Pomfrey's vacated seat.




“Mum and Dad. They'll hate me.” Ginny sobbed.




“No, they won't. Your parents could never hate you, Ginny. In fact, I don't think anyone could ever hate you.” Harry took Ginny's hand in his.




“I hope you're right,” Ginny murmured as the doors to the Hospital Wing were flung open.




“Ginny! Oh my darling girl, I was so worried when I heard!” Molly Weasley hurried across the room to Ginny's bedside. She turned to Harry.“Thank you so much for taking care of our daughter.”




“Anytime, Molly.” Harry blushed. “I'll leave you to talk. I have some homework to do anyway.” He kissed Ginny's cheek. “I'll be in Gryffindor Tower if you need me.” Looking back at Ginny, Harry left the Hospital Wing.




“We need to talk, Ginny. Why don't you tell your mother and I what's been going on?” Arthur Weasley sat down across from his wife, on Ginny's other side.




So Ginny explained everything. She started with the first time she ever hurt herself and ended on the last. Molly and Arthur sat quietly and listened. Molly didn't know when she started crying, but by the time Ginny was finished, her tears were flowing in earnest.




“We're going to get you some help, baby girl.” Arthur took Ginny's hand in his and squeezed it slightly.




“We've spoken with Dumbledore already. He has assured us that this will be aprivate thing. Every Monday you will go to Dumbledore's office where you will meet with Healer Seacrest. She works with people who have depression and other mental disorders at St. Mungo's,” Molly explained gently. “Dumbledore said he would be down to talk to you later tonight.”




Ginny nodded solemnly. She knew there was no way of getting out of this. She spent the next half hour chatting with her parents, who seemed to have decided to act like nothing was wrong; Ginny was grateful for the break from the subject. Once they left, Ginny decided to get some sleep.




A few hours later, she woke to see Albus Dumbledore sitting beside her.




“Ah, Miss Weasley! I was wondering when you would wake.” Albus Dumbledore's blue eyes twinkled at her.




“My parents said you would come to speak with me, sir.” Ginny sat up slowly.




“Yes, Ispoke with your parents this morning.” Dumbledore nodded. “They are very concerned about you. I believe they have informed you about Healer Seacrest. Your first meeting with her will be tomorrow at seven o'clock. She suggested you bring Mr. Potter along with you.”




“Yes, Professor. I'm sorry for all the trouble I've caused.”




“Nonsense. However, you should have come to one of the professors here about your troubles. I know how it is when things get overwhelming.” Dumbledore stood up and patted her shoulder. “I will send Dobby up with some supper, and then I suggest you get some rest. You will be returning to classes tomorrow.”




Ginny lay back down after Dumbledore left. When a house-elf named Dobby appeared with some shepherd's pie Ginny ate it quickly, not realizing how hungry she was. After a second helping, Ginny went to the bathroom to brush her teeth. When she returned she smiled to see Harry sitting in his usual chair, waiting.




“I thought you'd be asleep.” Ginny smiled as she laid back down in bed.




“I haven't been. . . . Sleeping that is.” Harry took her hand.




Ginny frowned.“I'm sorry. I know that's my fault.”




“I won't say it’s all right, because it's not. I'm just glad you're getting help.” Harry kissed her hand softly.




“Dumbledore says I'm going back to class tomorrow,” Ginny told him.




“I know. Madam Pomfrey told me.” Harry nodded.




“I have my first meeting with Healer Seacrest tomorrow. She wants me to bring you.” Ginny shivered as she pulled the covers up higher.




“Really?That's weird, but I'll be there. What time is it?” Harry asked.




“Seven. We can leave for Dumbledore's office right after dinner.” Ginny yawned.




“Sounds like a plan. You get some rest. How about I meet you here tomorrow morning and we can walk down to breakfast together?” Harry asked.




“All right.” Ginny nodded, snuggling back into the bed.




“I love you.” Harry kissed her softly.




“I love you too.” Ginny smiled.




Harry left and Ginny rolled over onto her side. She fell asleep, thinking of tomorrow and what it would bring.
Sign up to rate and review this story