Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Love, Save the Empty

by ClickClickBoom 3 reviews

Frikey one-shot. Frank was in love with Mikey. Did he know that? Nope. Not at all.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2010-11-28 - Updated: 2010-11-29 - 3319 words

4Original
“I’ll see you later mom!” I called to her as she pulled out of Mikey’s small driveway. She smiled and waved at me, before putting the car in drive and pulling away. I turned and walked up to the door, pulling one of my hands out of my coat to knock on the door before shoving it back into the warmth.

So let me tell you what’s up. My name is Frank Iero, I’m sixteen years old, a junior at Belleville High School, and I have the biggest infatuation with Michael James Way. Of course he doesn’t know that, because I’m a pussy and can’t bring myself to ask the beautiful boy out. The front door opened and Gerard, Mikey’s brother, answered. He smiled at me and welcomed me into the house. Gerard liked me, as a friend of course, but he liked me because I was good friends with Mikey, and I was one of the few who treated him right.

“How’re you doing, Frank?” Gerard asked as we walked up the stairs and to Mikey’s room. Gerard was the only one who knew I liked Mikey.

“I’m good, how’re you?” I responded politely.

“Good,” He said, “Mikey’s in his room,” Gerard pointed to the door that was Mikey’s. I nodded and thanked him before opening the door and walking in. Mikey was lying on his back, his nose almost pressed to the glossy page of the comic book.

I tried not to sigh like a dreamy girl, “Hey Mikes,” I said, taking my jacket off and throwing it somewhere on the ground.

Mikey’s eyes snapped up from the page. He smiled at me, marking the page he was on before sitting up. “Hey, Frankie, you ready for some Call of Duty?” He asked excitedly.

I laughed, plopping myself down on Mikey’s bed as Mikey turned on the TV and put COD into the X-Box. Mikey sat down next to me and handed me a controller. The game started up and we began playing heatedly. I loved playing video games with Mikey, hell I loved doing anything with him, but video games was by far my favorite. Mikey’s cute pink tongue poked out in between his lips as he focused, his glasses sliding down his nose making him push them back up several times, the adorable smile on his face when I started letting him win, and the victory dance he did that turned me on like no other, his slim hips swaying sinfully just about made me want to jump him.

“Yes! I won!” Mikey shouted, sticking his tongue out in my face before jumping up and dancing happily. I tried not to watch as Mikey’s skin hipbones protruded from his skin. I swallowed thickly and looked away. Mikey laughed and threw himself back down on the bed. “Want to play another round?”

I looked at Mikey and shook his head, “Nah, I think I’ve had my dose of Call of Duty.”

Mikey snorted, “Or you’ve just had your ass handed to you and you don’t want to lose again.” I glared at him.

“Shut up,” I said then I snatched Mikey’s glasses off his face. Mikey pouted cutely and sat up, crossing his arms on his chest and glaring at me, his eyes focusing on my chest.

“Give them back, jerk!” He shouted as he reached out and grabbed my arm.

I laughed, “You’ll have to fight me for them!” Mikey frowned before pouncing on me. I fell back in surprise as Mikey pressed his skinny body onto me and grabbed for my hands blindly.

I tried to hold himself together as Mikey’s body squirmed and wriggled against my crotch. “Alright, alright!” I shouted, not being able to take it anymore, “Here,” I said softly, handing Mikey back his glasses. Mikey took them and sat up, pushing them back onto his face.

“Poopyhead,” He grumbled, smacking me on the leg. I rolled my eyes and sat up, shoving Mikey gently. Mikey smirked and rolled onto his back, laying spread eagled on his bed.

“Hey, Frank?” He said hesitantly.

“Yeah, dude?” I responded. Mikey sighed and turned off the X-Box with his controller so Spongebob Squarepants came up on the TV.

“I think I’m going to ask him,” Mikey said softly. It felt like my heart was going to fall out my butt. I looked over to my friend and swallowed, not being able to speak I just nodded. “I can’t help it Frankie, I like him so much. It’s like impossible to get him off my mind.”

I looked away from him, tears pricking at the corner of my eyes. There was the catch. The horrible, painful, dreaded catch that made me want to murder Blake Thompson. Mikey was head over heels with the captain of the soccer team, of course he had no chance with the extremely attractive jock, but in his mind apparently he did. Blake actually talked to Mikey, despite the fact that Mikey was gay and what many people called a ‘loser.’ Mikey was instantly infatuated with the guy. I sighed and shook my head.

“What do you like so much about him?” I asked, willing to be exactly like Blake Thompson, if that’s what Mikey wanted.

Mikey sat up and leant against the wall next to his bed. “He’s nice to me, it seems like he actually cares about me.”

I care about you, I thought sadly. “Is that it?” I questioned.

Mikey laughed, “No, he’s so hott. The other day after practice he walked out of the locker room without his shirt on. I nearly died,” He exaggerated. I looked down at his body, poking at the skin on my stomach. My lip twitched in unhappiness. “I think I’m going to ask him out, tomorrow,” Mikey said.

I felt the urge to vomit and cry at the same time. “Are you sure, Mikes?” I asked, avoiding Mikey’s eyes.

“Yeah, Frank. I think he might say yes,” Mikey said softly.

I finally looked back at him, Mikey was smiling happily. He’s going to break your heart, I thought, but I couldn’t force myself from taking that smile off of Mikey’s face. I took a deep breath and nodded.

“I hope he says yes, Mikes. I hope he treats you right,” I said with a halfhearted smile. Mikey’s smile widened and he bounced a bit on his bed.

“I feel so giddy!” He exclaimed happily.

I laughed, “I’m sure you do, bud,” I said and he clapped Mikey on the shoulder. Mikey bounced a bit before hugging me tightly. I returned the hug, tucking my head into Mikey’s shoulder and holding him gently. I never wanted to let go.

That night, after I left the Way’s house, I cried the whole walk home.

~

The bell rang loudly, signaling the end of the day. I groaned internally and got out of the hard, plastic seat, taking my bag off the desk and walking out of Mrs. Horan’s European History class. Mikey was going to ask Blake out before Blake’s soccer practice. I was going to stay after and wait for him, not that Mikey knew that, but I was going to do it anyways. I made my way down the crowded hall spotting Mikey at his locker. I hurriedly walked over to him.

“Hey,” I said. Mikey looked up from the book he was trying to shove into the already full locker.

“Hey,” He said back, grunting as he forcefully pushed the book into it. I rolled my eyes.

“So, uh what’re you doing tonight?” I asked.

“I don’t know yet,” Mikey said with a shrug, “Maybe I’ll be hanging out with Blake…”

I followed Mikey’s gaze over to the group of guys standing by the locker opposite to Mikey’s. I glared at them before looking back at Mikey who had a dreamy look on his face. “Oh yeah, I forgot about him. Well have fun, call me if you want.” I was unable to hide the bitter tone in my voice as I spoke. Mikey gave me a surprised look and opened his mouth to speak, but I turned and walked away. I walked out of school and over towards the parking lot that was conviently located next to the practice field and took a seat on one of the benches. I knew I was just being hateful and jealous, but I couldn’t help it. I wanted Mikey to have a crush on me, not some soccer hot shot.

Speaking of the devil, Blake and his group of friends walked out of the school, their soccer bags slung over their shoulders, passing a soccer ball around. I slumped back in my seat and huffed at them. Almost a second later, Mikey stumbled out of the doors of the school. He quickly straightened himself and walked shyly after the group of boys. I stood, and walking closer to them.

“Blake!” He heard Mikey call out. Blake stopped, along with the others, and turned to look at Mikey. Mikey walked quickly over to them.

“Hey, you guys go along, I’ll catch up to you later,” Blake said. They nodded before continuing to walk over to the practice fields. I found another bench, one closer so I could hear what they were saying and sat down.

“Hey man, what’s up?” Blake questioned casually. Mikey, even as tall as he was, looked so small standing next to Blake.

“H-hey,” He stammered, “I- uh- I was j-just wondering-“

Blake smiled, “Just spit it out, bro.”

“I-I was just w-wondering- well uh, Blake… you’re a r-really great guy, a-and you a-actually talk to me and you are really g-good looking, so I was just wondering i-if maybe y-you wanted t-to go on a date w-with me?” Mikey stammered out nervously. Mikey looked up at Blake with his great brown eyes and I watched, in silence as Blake’s face changed from an expression from shock to… humor?

He laughed. He laughed. I watched in pure shock and horror as Blake laughed in Mikey’s face. I saw Mikey’s bottom lip begin to tremble and he bit down on it harshly.

“The guys put you up to this, didn’t they?” Blake laughed, “Oh god, I knew they were going to play a senior prank on me soon! Hah! This is too good, ah god. Thanks, man, for agreeing to go along. Ah shit! You scared the fuck out of me at first! Hah, I’ll get those fuckers back.”

Tears slowly began to cascade down Mikey’s cheeks; I didn’t even know what to do. I couldn’t feel anything as I watched Blake laugh and Mikey cry. It wasn’t until Mikey let out a soft sob that Blake noticed he was upset.

“Hey, what’s the matter?” He asked, putting his hand on Mikey’s shoulder. “Are you… crying?” Mikey desperately shook his head and began wiping the tears off his face. “Wait, yes you are! You can’t be telling me… you aren’t… wait, were you being serious?”

Mikey sniffled and tried to pull him together, “No it’s fine,” He squeaked out.

“Oh shit, Mikey I’m so sorry! I just thought- I had no idea you liked me! I-I- Mikey… I’m straight,” Blake said softly.

The words made a wave of tears fall down Mikey’s face, Blake looked around desperately his words not comforting Mikey like he wanted them too.

“I’m so sorry,” Blake said, “I had no clue- I didn’t- I’m so, so, so sorry.” Blake said before he backed away from Mikey. I watched Mikey wrap his arms around his small body as Blake turned and ran to the practice fields.

I stood up from my spot on the bench right as Mikey sat down on the pavement and buried his head in his knees. I quickly ran over to him and sat down next to his shaking body, I quickly pulled him into my arms and held him close.

“H-he doesn’t like me,” Mikey said weakly, his head still tucked down, “He doesn’t even like boys.”

“Oh, Mikey,” I sighed, “It’s going to be alright, I promise.”

Mikey looked up at me, tear stains covering his cheeks, a few more droplets falling from his eyes. “How do you know that? I’m just a weird, gay freak that doesn’t deserve love. I mean look at me, I should’ve known that Blake would never like me.”

I shook my head, “God Mikey, shut up!” Mikey’s eyes widened from surprise and he tried to get away from my embrace. I held him tight in my arms. “Mikey, I’ve waited so long for you, so fucking long that I just can’t handle it anymore. You are so beautiful and funny and geeky, just everything about you has made me fall head over heels for you. You’re goofy and adorable and innocent and every time we hang out I just want to hold you in my arms and tell you that I love you over and over again, because I do. I love you so fucking much it hurts.”

Mikey blinked at me then suddenly he leant forward and pressed his lips to mine. My eyes widened before I closed them, cupping Mikey’s cheek and kissing back. My heart was beating rapidly in my chest; I had wanted this for so long. So many nights had I stayed awake and watched Mikey sleep, occasionally being a creeper and pressing my lips to his, but this time he was kissing back. I felt like I was on top of the world. Mikey wrapped his arms around my neck and ran his hands through my hair before tugging lightly. I couldn’t help it, I moaned softly. Mikey gasped and I took the chance to dip my tongue into his mouth. Mikey responded, stroking his tongue against mine. Butterflies were erupting in my stomach as my other hand went to his waist, pulling his body against mine. What he did was completely unexpected, he took his hands from my neck and pushed my shoulders, taking his lips from mine as he laid down on top of me. My body hit the green grass and Mikey squirmed on top of me, reattaching our lips in a heated kiss. I moaned again, unable to hold it in as Mikey thrust his tongue into my mouth.

“Mikes,” I groaned as he began to kiss down my jaw and too my neck. I nibbled on his earlobe, not even caring that we were making out at school, just caring about his lithe body pressed to mine. I moved to his neck, kissing and sucking his flesh softly.

“Oh… Blake,” Mikey grunted out. I stopped. My heart skipping a beat as I heard the words over and over again in my ears. Blake. I shoved him off of me, rolling to the side before standing up.

Mikey looked up at me in disbelief as I grabbed my bag. “What the hell?” He asked as he panted. I wiped at my lips, and then wiped it on my jeans.

“You don’t like me,” I said, my heart breaking in my chest. “You were just getting your frustration out on me. You used me.”

Mikey stood up and put his hand on my cheek, I flinched away from him. “Frankie,” He said softly. “I’m sorry…”

I shook my head and turned away. “I don’t think you are,” I whispered.

“Frank, please, don’t leave me,” Mikey called out as I began walking away towards the parking lot.

“Why shouldn’t I? You took advantage of my feelings for you!” I shouted as I felt tears welling up in my eyes.

“I k-know! I’m sorry, Frankie! J-just wait, please!” I stopped then whirled around.

“What?!” I shouted. Mikey was following me; he walked up to me and took my hand. His big eyes were glazed over in tears.

“Let me explain,” He sighed. I stood still, looking at him intently. He opened his mouth when suddenly a car horn honked. We looked over, Gerard waved us over to his car and honked again. “Will you come over to my house? We can talk there,” Mikey suggested.

I nodded reluctantly. Mikey kept my hand in his as we walked over to his brother’s car, I let go of his fingers as we got in the car. Gerard smirked at me in the back seat, I rolled my eyes and looked out the window for the entire drive.

~

“Do you want something drink?” Mikey asked as we walked into the kitchen. I put my bag on the counter and sat on one of the wooden stools.

“Water’s fine,” I mumbled. Mikey got us water from the tap and handed me my glass before sitting on the stool next to me.

“Frankie,” He said softly, “I’m not in love with you, but god I wish I was. You’ve been nothing but great to me and if anyone deserves to be loved, it’s you. But I don’t have feelings for you.” I didn’t want to hear anymore, I wanted to go home and cry myself to sleep. “Yet.”

I looked up from my glass of water and into his eyes. “What?”

He smiled gently, “I think I like you, Frankie,” He said slowly. “And I know it’s fast and I was just in waist deep for Blake, but you… you’re something else. No one has ever told me that they loved me before.”

I let out the breath I didn’t even know I was holding. “I love you so much, Mikey,” I said, hoping that I wasn’t dreaming, “Will you be my boyfriend?” I asked before I could stop myself.

Mikey smiled and nodded. I leant forward and took his chin in my hand then pressed my lips gently to his. When I pulled away we were both smiling. “You have no idea how good this feels,” I whispered. He smiled and laughed.

“Oh I think I do,” He said before giggling and pecking my lips.

“FINALLY!” Gerard shouted from the kitchen door. We sprung away from each other guiltily, a blush staining both of our cheeks. “God, how long did it take you to get together? Two years?” He asked as he walked in.

Mikey looked at me with his eyebrows raised, “You’ve liked me for two years?” He asked.

I blushed, “It didn’t really feel like that long…” I mumbled.

“Frank!” He shouted before throwing his arms around me.

I looked at him in surprise, “What?”

He looked up at me and pushed his glasses up, “That totally boosted my ego,” He said with a giggle.

I blushed again, “You little poop,” I said, he giggled again, “You’re too cute.”

“Okay, vomit?” Gerard said as he shoved a handful of chips in his mouth.

“Put some more food in there and you might,” Mikey said as moved back into his seat. I laughed and kissed the top of his head. Gerard rolled his eyes and walked out, mumbling a ‘whatever’ as he went.

We both looked at each other and laughed. I smiled and kissed Mikey’s lips quickly, this I could get used to.





Hey! So I hoped you liked it! I sort of REALLY suck at endings haha and I know it… so don’t deny :P but rate, review, and leave some love if you liked it! :)
Sign up to rate and review this story