Categories > Celebrities > 30 Seconds to Mars > Deaf Heaven

Thou Single Wilt Prove None

by chem_x 1 review

It was beautiful; we huddled around it for a while, saying our hellos and our goodbyes.

Category: 30 Seconds to Mars - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2010-12-08 - Updated: 2010-12-08 - 752 words - Complete

0Unrated
“Due to incidents and happenings around the band; 30 Seconds To Mars, we here at MTV are afraid to say that they will be experiencing a permanent hiatus. Due to the death of the drummer and the imprisonment of the guitarist, Jared Leto, singer, has stated that the band will never perform again. More news later.”
I clicked to a different channel, sick of hearing non stop about what had happened. I had changed since then; music wasn’t there for me anymore. My brother and my music had been replaced with a stronger individual. “Honey, counselling at three, are you ready? The car will pick you up.” I could hear my mother shouting from down the hall; apparently I needed to be away from Violet and our baby because of what was happened, even though we were fighting to free ourselves.
I could hear quite paces down the hallway; Violet had finally gotten out of her bed. She was always feeling weak nowadays; she was paler and thinner than ever before. If anything she needed the counselling but my mother couldn’t force her to go.
I looked around the room, it was a clean delicate room, it had candles, and ornaments decorating it all but my eyes were only caught by one thing. A photograph that I had never been shown before I had entered the house.
I walked over to it and pulled it quietly off the mantelpiece, a drop of water appeared on it and I realised that I had been crying. “Violet, can we get rid of this one?” I asked, clearing my throat and feeling her arms rope around my waist.
“It’s the only one that we’re all in.” She whispered.
I nodded unsurely, examining the shining photograph. I rubbed my hand across the frame over my brother’s grinning face and felt a pit in my stomach as an image of Tomo was in my sight. He stood tall and dark, holding a rattle and a bottle the other side of my smiling wife and a small angle. “Is Helen asleep?” I asked Violet, who was still around my waist, part of my shoulder was damp from her tears.
“She’s fast asleep.” She whispered.
I smiled and nodded at the photograph, “I wish I could remember when this was taken.” I sighed.
Violet twisted me around and looked eye to eye with me. “Never-resting time leads summer on.” She smiled, I understood, she didn’t want me to dwell on that. I was there now, that’s what mattered the most to her.
“Jared the car is here.” Mum shouted again from the kitchen, her place of quite. She hardly ever left the house now. Violet had insisted she moved in to her English manor, to escape from the quiet of her own house. “She’ll be happier with Helen near her.” Violet argued, I couldn’t help but agree, Mum was doing much better since the trail, and news coverage was almost over. At this stage everyone knew everything and no one argued with that.
“I’m not going Mum.” I yelled back, hugging Violet tightly, “We’re all going for a walk.” I beamed, feeling enlightened.

We bore jackets, hats, scarves, gloves, mittens, and earmuffs, walking slowly up a hill in the cold. Helen held my hand and Violet’s. She had eyes like my father’s, Shannon’s eyes and Violet’s smile. She gooed and gaaaed up the hill and wobbled towards a familiar space with a daisy loosely in her chubby fingers.
I put my arm around Violet’s shoulders and held her close. My mum sat down on a wooden bench and prayed silently. We let Helen play with wind chime that had been left by a fan on the grave. It was beautiful; we huddled around it for a while, saying our hellos and our goodbyes. The silence was comfortable and warm with the family. Shannon’s gravestone looked new and shiny even though the date was now a while back. I felt Violet smile beside me, “He’d be boasting about how great his grave is.” She laughed, going towards Helen and scooping her up in her arms.
I nodded and fixed my hat on my head, rereading the black marble gravestone, ’Who, all in one, one pleasing note do sing:
Whose speechless song being many, seeming one,
Sings this to thee: 'Thou single wilt prove none.'


[*Finished- 08/12/10
Rate and Review :) Thanks for reading
Sign up to rate and review this story