Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > How Wrong We Were to Think We Knew Anything

The Morning after

by Anthrax_Angel 0 reviews

Mikey struggles against is thoughts, and Jen stands up for her self.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2010-12-14 - Updated: 2010-12-15 - 1197 words

0Unrated
Mikey’s POV

It really quiet after Jen leaves Frank and I no longer trying to keep up conversation “why so quite Frankie, did you not like you present” Gee asks turning to face him. “No man the show was epic it just… never mind” Frankie mumbles “just what come on Frankie tell us” Ray says. “Jen shot me down after the show” Frankie says looking down at his shoes, we’re parked in front of his house, “did she say why, is it because your short” Bob jokes, Frankie doesn’t smile. I’m surprised she shut him down I can’t help a little hope from welling inside of me before my brain shuts it down “if she turned down Frankie what makes you think you have a shot.” I sigh and turn back to the conversation “she said she couldn’t” Frank says looking up “well maybe she had a boyfriend in Cleveland did you ever ask” Ray throws out as Frankie slides over to get out of the van “no I didn’t, that would explain everything, wow I’m a jerk” Frankie says slapping himself on the forehead.

“Thanks guys best birthday ever” he says heading inside, we drop of Bob and Ray then head home. “You should tell Frankie how you feel” Gee says after Ray climbs out, “why, not like it matters” I say starting back toward our house. “He wouldn’t go after her if he knew” Gee states “yes he would, plus she doesn’t like me like that” I say internalising a sigh. “You don’t know that and you won’t know that unless you ask her” Gee climbs out of the van and we head inside, “yeah well excuse me for not wanting to get shut down” I say heading up to my room while Gee heads down to his.

Maybe Gee was right and I should just ask Jen out, to make sure I’m right, my brain fights back. “Of course your right, Jen’s outgoing, smart and beautiful, why would she want someone like you. Quite, introverted, dorky, you don’t have a shot with her” this time I try and fight back the negative thoughts, I throw up the images from tonight her on my lap arms around my neck, her holding on to my hand for dear life, her forehead against mine after her panic attack. “She would have acted the same with anyone” I don’t have a response cause its true, I walk over to my dresser and pull out the razor stashed there running it across my wrist, I was worthless.

Jen’s POV

I wake up with a start as my alarm goes of stifling a yell as my sore muscles pull, I sigh wanting to go back and hang out with Mikey in dreamland, read comics and listen to music. I turn on the stereo, Black Sabbath, and survey my self in the mirror, my face still has the bruise from a couple days before but most of the damage is to my ribs, they’re a rainbow of purples and blues. I sigh and get dress struggling as every movement hurts, I go down stairs Janet is at the table “did you have fun with your friends last night” she asks over her coffee. “Yes thank you” I say politely taking a bottle of water out of the fridge, “you’re grounded for two weeks” she says I nod as I walk out of the house.
Mikey’s already parked on the street, I mask the pain on my face as I climb in the van, “hey guys” I say clipping in my seat belt. “Sup” Gerard say sketching furiously “forgot about the assignment didn’t you” I say smiling her mutters something and I laugh. “I did you” I tell Mikey as we pull into the parking lot, “really” he says surprised. “Of course, here, isn’t it neat” I say pulling my cartoon Mikey out of my bag, he stares at it “it’s cute” he say scrunching up his face. “It suppose to be” putting it back in my bag “I’ll make it up to you and do a real sketch sometime” I say opening my locker, “whatever” he says.

He doesn’t look at me or crack a smile, he just digs through his locker “hey is something wrong” I ask laying my hand on his shoulder. He looks at me “just tired” he shrugs closing his locker, I go to argue with him but Frank shows up “hey” he says squeezing me I gasp in pain. “Sorry” he says come around to face me I play it off “it’s okay you just scared me” Mikey gives me a look that says he doesn’t believe me, but if he can lie so can I. “Hey sorry again about last night” Frank says as we sit down in math “don’t worry about it” I shrug “no it was stupid I never even asked if you like had a boyfriend” he says pulling out his books. “hey it’s cool” I say not correcting him, I didn’t have a boyfriend I just didn’t feel that way about Frank, not to mention I had no interest in a relationship right now. I would let Frank believe I had a boyfriend at least for now, I didn’t want to hurt him.

“Hey can you drop me off at home, I got grounded for going out last night” I ask Mikey as we head to our lockers at the end of the day. “No problem why’d you get grounded I thought you asked your step-mom if you could go” he says stuffing his stuff in his locker. “I did, she says to ask my dad who said no, to which I said internally of course fuck you I will do as a please, unfortunately that was not appreciated” I say shutting my locker. “That makes sense, next time my I suggest listening to your dad” Mikey says as we head to the van, “but then I wouldn’t have been able to hang with you last night” I say leaning my head on his arm.

“aw you two are adorable” Gerard says “I know right, cutest couple ever” I say smiling trying to keep it light, Mikey turns red and heads for the drivers seat. I climb in the van and besides Gerard everyone is very sombre. “What’s up you look like you lost your best friend” I say poking Frank, “I think I did” he says looking at the back of Mikey’s head. “hey 1, nothing is going on between me and Mikey, 2, if there was you would have no reason to be mad cause it would be my choice” I say as we pull up to my house. “Your not hang with us” Frank says frowning “not if your going to act like I’m an object you can own, I will choose who I date. Plus I’m grounded, bye Mikey see you tomorrow” I say waving as I head up the drive.
Sign up to rate and review this story