Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > High School

Chapter Six

by CosmicZombie 3 reviews

Mikey gets hysterical giggles and Frank goes over to Gerard's...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2010-12-18 - Updated: 2010-12-18 - 1990 words

4Exciting
thanks for the review! :) I'm soooooo sorry i havent posted this sooner- i've been ill :( anyways i hope this chapter makes up for the lack of updates!


Chapter Six

Frank’s point of view:

Its Tuesday morning and I’m slumped at the back of class, yawning sleepily as vulture face calls the register.
Seriously, school starts way too early.
I’m wearing my favourite black and red AMEN hoodie, scruffy black skinnies with ripped knees and worn black doc martens with purple laces, my hair freshly washed and straightened and I’m hoping like hell Gerard’s gunna be here today.
My stomach’s a tight knot of nerves and excitement as I adjust my studded belt anxiously, waiting for him to arrive.
A couple of moments later, the door swings open and Gerard slouches into registration.
My breath catches in my throat; he’s even more fucking gorgeous than I remember.
He’s wearing the faded black skinnies he had yesterday as well as his converse, but this time his hoodie is stripy and has safety pins and badges pinned to it.
His inky black hair is dishevelled, his face the same ghostly pallor.
“Hey, Hey, it’s your boyfriend!” Liam smirks, turning round as all his gang jeer at me.
“Shut up.” I say, blushing beetroot because the thought of having Gerard as my boyfriend makes my stomach do cartwheels.
“You’re late, Mr. Way!” Mrs. Brown snaps at Gerard.
“Sorry.” He mumbles, yawning sleepily.
She sighs. “Sit.”
Gerard hesitates for a moment, his starling, slightly uncertain greeny- hazel eyes flickering to mine as he nibbles his lower lip anxiously.
I grin at him and nod at the empty seat next to me.
Gerard gives me a grateful smile, slopes over to my desk and flops down beside me.
“Hi.” He says shyly.
For a moment I just gaze into his bewitching eyes, lost in the greeny- hazel swirls, tiny toffee coloured flecks and ebony pupils.
“Umm.. Hey.” I grin, dragging my eyes reluctantly away from his gorgeous, intelligent, artistic, sensitive (okay, I could go on forever her..) face.
*

Gerard’s point of view:

I’m late for school again; I slept pretty badly last night and had seriously freaky dreams.
When I finally get to registration, Mrs. Brown is already calling the register and isn’t happy with me.
“You’re late, Mr. Way!” She barks crossly.
“Sorry.” I say insincerely, failing to stifle a huge yawn.
“Sit.” She sighs.
I hesitate for a moment.
Would Frank mind if I sat next to him? Was he just being kind to me yesterday? Does he actually just think I’m a freak?
All my worries are washed away as Frank flashes me his cheeky, lopsided grin and nods at the seat next to him.
I flop down gratefully beside him. “Hi.”
Frank stares at me for a second; I’d forgotten how relaxing his big, dark eyes are- for the first time since I got home yesterday afternoon I fell calm and relaxed.
“Hey.” He grins his mischievous grin and drops his gaze to the desktop.
As I study the soft chestnut hair falling across his face,I suddenly get a vivid flashback from a dream I had last night. One I really need to forget.
For my own mental health.
“Uhh…what have we got today?” I ask Frank, mainly to distract myself from my own slightly disturbing thoughts.
“Umm.. maths, English, history, biology and PE.”
“PE again?!” I groan. “This school sucks.”
“Tell me about it.”
*

Frank’s point of view:

It’s lunchtime and me and Gerard, having struggled and yawned our way through morning lessons, are sitting on the steps outside the back entrance to the science block, smoking, sharing a bag of Doritos and hoping a teacher won’t walk past.
“So what other music are you into then?” Gerard asks. “Other than Misfits obviously.” He grins his cute, slightly mischievous grin, and reaches his hand into the bag of Doritos on my lap.
“Umm.. Black Flag, AMEN, Green day, The bouncing souls, iron maiden… that kinda thing.” I reply, trying to ignore the tingles that spread down my legs as Gerard reaches into the bag of Doritos again.
“ Awesome! I totally love AMEN too! And Black flag and Green day are cool too.” He grins, running his long, pale fingers through his dishevelled raven- black hair… Focus, Frank!!
“Black Flag are better than AMEN though.” I grin teasingly at him.
“No way!” Gerard says indignantly, not noticing I’m teasing him.
“Definitely.” I grin.
“Not.” Gerard frowns.
Okay, even his frown is adorable.
“Yes they are!” I laugh, selecting a dorito from the half empty bag. “Anyways, lets change the subject before we get into a pointless argument .”
“Fine” Gerard scowls. “But AMEN are still better.”
“If you say so…” I grin.
There’s silence for a couple of moments. It’s not awkward, or uncomfortable, just companionable. I use it to drink in every second of Gerard’s presence.
“So what do you normally do out of school?” Gerard asks, breaking the silence and snaffling another dorito.
“Not much really, just playing guitar and stuff. I was pretty much a loner until yesterday.” I smile sheepishly at him.
He grins back.
*

Gerard’s point of view:

“Well do you maybe wanna come round to mine after school or something then?” I hear myself say.
“Sure, that would be great!” Frank grins eagerly at me.
“Today?” seriously, my voice has a mind of it’s own..
“Awesome!” Frank says happily, munching a couple of spicy Doritos from the bag we’ve been sharing. “Wait- I’ve got a guitar lesson until five- can I come after?”
“You play guitar? Awesome! Yeah, that’s fine- know where I live?”
“Uh, no- I’ve only known you a day and I’m not a stalker!” Frank grins cheekily.
I laugh. “it’s 37 canongate road- know where that is?”
“Yep, think so.” Frank nods.
I smile and reach my hand into the bag of crisps at the same time as Frank. As my hand touches his, my stomach jumps slightly.
I ignore this and steal a glance at Frank and see his cheeks have a pink tint.
I ignore this too.
“So do you wanna watch a film or something? Do you like horror movi-“ I begin, before I’m cut off by a horribly familiar voice.
“GERARD Way! FRANK Iero!!” It’s Mrs. Brown.
“Uh- oh…” Frank groans. “It’s old vulture face..” He leans forward and whispers the last bit in my ear, his warm, smoky breath tickling my cheek.
“Smoking AGAIN?!” vulture face, as Frank has so aptly named her, screams.
Looks like we’re in for another afternoon in Mr. Miller’s delightful company. But on the plus side, no PE.
*

Frank’s point of view:

I’m shaking with nerves as I walk up canongate road, fiddling anxiously with my hair and the badges on my favourite leather jacket. It’s just starting to get dark, the sky a deep indigo, and its raining heavily, so by the time I walk up the garden path to number 37, I’m shivering as well as shaking. I press the doorbell and wait nervously, tapping my foot on the doorstep.
A couple of moments later, the door is opened by Gerard’s younger brother, Mikey.
“Uh…hi.” I stutter nervously.
“Hey Frank.” Mikey smiles. “Come on in- Gee’s upstairs- hold on a sec.”
I step into the warm, dry hallway, showering droplets of rain everywhere as Mikey shuts the door behind me and yells-
“GEE!! Frank’s here!”
Second later, Gerard thunders down the stairs, stopping just in front of me and Mikey.
“Hey.” He smiles, nibbling his lip a little.
God, he looks even more gorgeous than he did this morning (which I didn’t think was humanly possible); he’s still wearing his skinnies ad stripy hoodie, but he’s swapped his school shirt for a black v- necked t-shirt and his eyes have more black smudged around them, emphasising the startling greeny- hazelness of them and making them entrancing, bewitching.
“Wow, you look amazing Gerard.” I hear someone say.
There’s a deadly silence and I realise it was me.
FUCK. Fucking FUCK.
Gerard’s deathly pallor is now scarlet and Mikey’s doubles up, howling with laughter.
“Umm.. I uhh…” I mumble, staring at my scruffy doc martens. I can feel the heat coming off my cheeks and I know they’re even redder than Gerard’s.
“Awk-waaaard!” Mikey giggles, staggering into the kitchen and still snorting with laughter.
Me and Gerard stand in silence for a few seriously awkward moments.
I can still hear Mikey’s hysterical giggling form the kitchen.
“so…do you wanna watch a movie then?” Gerard mumbles, not meeting my eye.
“Uhh, yeah..sure.” I stutter, following Gerard up the stairs and inot his room.
It’s totally how any room of Gerard’s would be; black walls covered in posters of AMEN, Misfits and Black Flag, CDs, drawings and DVDs sprawled over every surface, including the carpet, which is a mound of black clothes and other random items.
“Ummm.. sit down..” Gerard gestures to his unmade bed.
I sit down gingerly on the deep red sheets as Gerard turns on the TV in the corner.
“What do you wanna watch then?” He asks, staring at the carpet.
“whatever you want, gorgeous.” I wink jokingly at him, hoping to make him laugh- I can’t stand the awkwardness anymore.
It works; Gerard crack up and we laugh the awkwardness away.
Finally, he slots in a DVD, turns out the light and comes to sit next to me on his bed.
The movie starts, but I can’t concentrate at all. On fact, an hour in, I have no idea what it’s about.
Maybe vampires?
All I’m aware of is Gerard, sitting just millimetres away from me in the dark and it feels like there’s an electric current between us; I’m breaking out in goose bumps, my cheeks flushed, my heart pounding.
Suddenly there’s a knock on Gerard’s bedroom door.
He groans and presses pause on the remote.
His groan sends shivers down my spine, making my hairs stand up on end.
“Gee?”
It’s Mikey.
“What?!” Gerard snaps.
I glance over at him and see his usually chalk- white face is flushed and he’s running a shaky hand through his ebony hair.
*

Gerard’s point of view:

“what do you wanna watch then?” I mumble, still feeling pretty embarrassed.
“Whatever you want, gorgeous.” Frank winks teasingly at me, and I laugh, glad the tense atmosphere has gone.
I put in “The Lost Boys”, turn off the lights and sit down beside Frank.
As soon as I’m sitting down, I can’t concentrate at all on the movie… which is pretty weird- “The Lost Boys” is one of my all time favourite films.
What adds to this weirdness is that the reason I can’ t concentrate on the movie seems to be… Frank?
It can’t be, It shouldn’t be, but right now all I can think about is his choppy, chocolate brown side fringe, his big, dark, intense chestnut, heavy- lidded eyes, his cheekbones, his lip ring…
I’m horribly aware of our proximity… he’s just centimetres away… if only-
Wait, what the HELL?!
I put a hand up to feel my hot, flushed cheeks and run a shaky hand trough my hair.
It’s official.
I’m insane.
Just then, there’s a knock on the door. I groan and press pause on the remote.
“Gee?”
“What?” I snap, running my slightly sweaty hand through my tangled hair again.
“Phone!”
“Who is it?”
“Rosanna.”


what do you think? r&r pleeaase it makes me happy! and i'll give you cookies... xD
Sign up to rate and review this story