Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > "I Could Wait For You For...Forever"

The End

by ilo9vemcrgmfrb 0 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2010-12-19 - Updated: 2010-12-20 - 1059 words - Complete

0Unrated
Six Months Later

Bennie sat at the coffee table in her living room across from the guy who had come to interview her and his camera guy. “Hey Guys!” Her interviewer said to the camera with a huge smile and a corny wave. Bennie waved as well. “I’m here with Bennie McNamara.” He said before pointing to Bennie, who smiled and waved again. “So, let’s talk about all the recent activity on your website.”
“Well, I decided to start a vlog for all the members of my website as a way to kinda keep in touch without all the ‘Just woke up. Eating a bowl of cereal.’ kind of weirdness that inevitably follows when you get a twitter.” Bennie explained with a laugh.
“What has been the most interesting part about that for you?” He asked Bennie scratched her head.
“Well I try to update them every week, and people get really upset if I miss a week, or I upload a day late or something like that, so I have to really stay on top of it. And if I’m not exactly in the happiest of moods, people notice and they expect me to talk about why, or exactly what is wrong with me. I mean, it’s cool that people get concerned, but at the same time, it’s kinda like I invited them into a private moment, and get upset that they want to get involved.”
“You had kept a blog on your website prior to the vlog, correct?”
“Yeah, I had a blog on my website since it had been started, but it was rare that I was the one updating it. Occasionally for big news, I would update it myself, but for the most part it was my manager updating that.”
“Yeah, like when you announced your retirement from the music industry.”
“Yeah, I think that was the third or fourth blog I ever wrote.”
“But you’ve come out of retirement now, right?”
“I’ve had a year without music of any kind, pretty much, and I realized that I needed a break, not to retire, so I am actually in the beginning stages of recording a new album. I’m actually recording it in the recording studio that I had installed in my new house. I wanted to be able to record whenever I wanted and so this seemed like the best option. I have a daughter, and it’s important to me to spend every second that I can with her, so that kind of flexibility is really important.”
“Speaking of which, how is motherhood treating you? You seem to be really happy.”
“Oh, I am! At times it can be so exhausting! But it’s always fulfilling. I think the hardest thing so far has been trying to teach her to walk. I just love that everything can be fixed with a kiss and a hug! No matter what she is crying over, a kiss and a hug, and she is ready to face the world again.”
“Has it been hard to record with a little one in the house?”
“It’s challenging sometimes. Like as soon as she started to walk, I had to start shutting the door to the recording studio, because in the middle of recording, vocals one day she came in screaming ‘MAMA! MAMA!‘ So even though it killed me to make my self inaccessible to her like that, I had to close the door. I have gotten two songs recorded, though.”
“I’d imagine it’s easier to keep tabs on where she is and keep her occupied while you’re recording since you got married.”
“Well, I’ve been married throughout the entire recording process, so there hasn’t been any difference there. It’s a little easier when Gerard’s daughter is here because then they can play together at least and I don’t feel like I’m pushing her away so much.”
“How long have you and Gerard been married now?”
“Six months. We got married a week after Mikey and his wife in Las Vegas when I went with them to see them perform there. Nobody heard about it for probably two months after, and to have it be private for so long was magical, almost.”
“How did you guys manage to keep it a secret?”
“Well, we had a very public breakup, and we hadn’t spoken in over a year when we got back together, and nobody saw the reunion, and he was on tour, and I was being a hermit, and so nobody even saw us together until about two months after we got married and we were looking for a house when he got back from tour.”
“It must have been nice to be able to know you were together and not have anybody throwing speculations on it for so long.”
“Oh, it was.”
“Rumor has it that some of the songs that are available to download for the members of your fan club are about your relationship with Gerard. Is that true?”
“Yeah, they are. “I’d Wait For You For Forever” and “Locked Doors” are about our relationship when we first met. I would lock myself in bathrooms when I didn’t get my way or I didn’t want to talk, and Gerard put up with my shit every single time. All the guys from My Chemical Romance did. And I guess in a way, “Locked Doors” is kinda about them too.”
“I’ve heard that-” The interviewer began before he was interrupted with a shout from the front door.
“We’re home, Babe!” Gerard shouted as he, Samantha, and Freddie came through the front door. Bennie jumped up and ran over to shower her small daughter in kisses.
“Mama! Mama!” Samantha shouted as she hugged her mother tightly. Bennie kissed Gerard on the cheek and whispered in his ear before walking, Samantha on her hip, back over to the couch.
“Hi!” Samantha shouted, smiling and waving at the interviewer. He smiled and waved back.
“I’m sorry about that, I was expecting them back later.” Bennie explained. The interviewer shook his head.
“No, please, don’t apologize! We should get going now anyways! Thank you so much for the interview, good luck recording, and congratulations on your new family.”
Sign up to rate and review this story