Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > From The Earth To The Morgue

Chapter 4

by savedbymcr15 4 reviews

Mikey's pain continues to get worse, and Gerard can't possibly feel any worse.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2010-12-30 - Updated: 2010-12-31 - 765 words - Complete

1Ambiance
Gerard's pov

Tears brimmed my eyes as I looked at the extent of the damage that had been inflicted to my brother. There were bruises all over him, and the look that the doctor had on his face...It was obvious that Mikey was really hurt. The doctor gently touched the rib that had clearly been the one that was damaged on stage. The look of pain that etched itself on to my brotehr's face made me fight back tears even more. Who could possibly call themselves a good older brother when they let something like this happen? The world started to warp a bit, and I had to rest my hand on the doctor's desk to steady myself. Take deep breaths, and stay strong. Mikey needs you right now. I reminded myself. I looked back up at Mikey, who seemed to be fighting back tears of his own. He looked as though he was ashamed of himself, causing my heart to break. The doctor mumbled to himself, and left the room. As soon as the door closed, Mikey looked away. I slowly walked to him, but stopped when I heard him speak.

"I'm sorry." Mikey said, his voice barely above a whisper.

"Why?"

"I'm an inconvinience, and I'm weak." he responded.

"What are you talking about?!"

"We're both grown men, Gerard. You shouldn't have to worry about protecting me from everything because I'm unable to stand up for myself. You should just leave me." Mikey said quietly, still looking away.

I took a couple more steps forward, so I could be beside him. My heart ached, and my eyes burned as I looked at Mikey. I took a deep breath.

"Mikey, look at me." I said softly. Mikey refused. "Mikey, look at me." I said with a bit more force, keeping my tone firm, while still being gentle. After Mikey refused again, I put my fingers around his chin, and gently, I turned his head slowly toward me. Mikey tried to move his head away, but soon gave up. He loked up at me, tears shining in his eyes.

"I'm sorry, Gee." Mikey whispered, his voice filled with sorrow.

"Don't be. You have nothing to be sorry for."

Mikey opened his mouth to speak, but then closed it.

"Mikey, even if you were as strong as a wrestler or something, I'd still worry about you. I'm always going to worry about you. It's not because you're weak, because you're not. I worry because you're my little brother, and it's my job to protect you." I told him.

Tears started to make their way down Mikey's face. He suddenly pulled away from me.

"Mikey?"

"Get away from me." he said, venom dripping in his voice. I tried moving closer, but Mikey pushed me away. A look of pain flickered over his face for a moment, and he put his hands over his injured rib.

"Mikey, what's going on?" I asked, panic rising through my body.

"I don't know," Mikey whimpered, followed by a moan of pain. "Just get a doctor, please." he groaned. I nodded. I walked toward the door, but was stopped by Mikey calling my name. "I'm sorry, Gee."

"It's okay, Mikey." I replied. I walked out of the room, and found the doctor.

"What seems to be the problem, Mr Way?"

"Something is wrong with Mikey, you have to help him!" I exclaimed, almost bursting into tears right on the spot.

The doctor made his way into the room.

"Dear God! We need to get his kid a room, now!" he cried.

Doctors ran into the room and lifted Mikey onto a stretcher. I pushed my way through the doctors until I got to Mikey.

"Gee, it hurts. It hurts so much." he cried. I leaned down and kissed his forehead.

"You're going to be okay, Mikey. Your big brother is here, and he's going to make sure you get better, I promise." I said, trying to soothe my brother. I gently brushed his hair out of his face. His eyes closed as my fingers touched his head.

"Thank you." he said quietly.

"You're welcome."

"Mr Way, we have to take him to another room now. Go into the waiting room. We'll get you when you're able to see him again."

I nodded. "I love you, Mikey." I whispered.

"I love you, Gee." Mikey whispered back.

I slowly walked into the waiting room, feeling as if I was hindered by age. I sat down in the corner of the waiting room. I put my head in my hands and cried. Just cried.
Sign up to rate and review this story