Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > From The Earth To The Morgue

Chapter 16

by savedbymcr15 2 reviews

Mikey and Gerard finally talk about everything. They find themselves exactly where they want to be.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2011-01-09 - Updated: 2011-01-09 - 796 words - Complete

0Unrated
Gerard let go of Mikey and took him back to the couch. He knew full well that they needed to talk, and he knew that they needed this soon.

"Mikey, it's time to talk."

"Gee, I want to, you know that. I just don't know if I'm ready."

"This is one of those things that you can't really ever be ready for." Gerard responded. He turned to face Mikey. "Just try...For me?" Gerard asked.

"For both of us." Mikey smiled. "But you're starting."

"Do you feel as though you've lost your way? Like you're living in the shadow of the messes that you've made? Does it feel like everything is started to overflow? Just be truthful, and I promise, you'll get back everything that you gave away." Gerard asked, observing Mikey. He watched his brother's eyes cloud over. "For starters, you need to stop looking back on yesterday, or any other burdens of the past."

Mikey couldn't help but stare in shock as Gerard had seemed to nail exactly how he was feeling. He was brought back to reality as he noticed that Gerard was still looking at him.

"In all honesty, I want to scream out, I don't want to hide anymore. I don't want to be afraid of what's inside. I feel like I'm not going to be alright, I feel like I'm getting pulled down, like I'm not allowed to do a lot of things, and I feel alone." Mikey said.

"Do you feel the weight of lies and contradictions that you live with every day? It's not too late to rewrite this...We can start over. I understand what you want to scream out, don't want to hide, or be afraid of what's inside. Just remember, you're not alone in the aftermath." Gerard said. Mikey nodded to show that he understood.

"What about you?" Mikey asked. He noticed Gerard tense up.

"Late at night, I can't sleep. Missing you and what we used to be...It runs so deep, and sometimes, I can't even breathe when I think about it. Everything from before is unforgettable to me, and my heart isn't broken, but it hurts in ways that I didn't know were possible. Nothing is going to stop me from trying to move us in the right direction..." Gerard revealed.

"Maybe it's time for miracles, because I don't think that we should give up. I'm not giving up on us, because I want to be back on the terms that we were on before. I understand that, Gerard."

"Living is hard to do when everything I know is trapped in your eyes. Every damn time I look at you, I see our past, and then, just like now, I refuse to give up on us." Gerard said. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes. "I can't ever seem to turn this around. I keep running into walls that I can't break down. If this was just a dream, I would be screaming to be let out of it."

"I understand exactly where you're coming from, Gee." Mikey said quietly. There was a silence after that, but it was nice. Both brothers felt as though a weight was lifted off of their shoulders. "Gee, I think we're going to be okay. I think that we've found the way to get back to where we were." Mikey said.

"Me too." Gerard smiled. He stood up and pulled Mikey with him. "Come on."

"Where are we going?"

"For a walk." Gerard said with a smile. He and Gerard called out to say that they were going out, and began to walk around. "I think we just needed to get out for a while." Gerard explained. Mikey smiled.

The two walked around aimlessly for what seemed like minutes, but was actually hours. The two were brought back to reality as rain began to fall overhead. It began to pour heavily, but they didn't care. Mikey and Gerard looked at each other with what seemed like a joint realization.

They were exactly where they wanted to be. They had overcome all of their obstacles, and were finally back to normal.

Mikey shivered in the rain, so Gerard unzipped his sweater and pulled Mikey inside of it. Gerard zipped it up around the two of them and wrapped his arm around Mikey's waist. Mikey cuddled into Gerard for warmth and comfort.

"I think we should wait for the rain to let up before going back to the bus." Mikey chuckled. Gerard nodded.

This was how things were supposed to be. They didn't care about the sickness that was bound to hit them, anyway. Together, they could take on the world. Mikey and Gerard would be together forever, and that was all that mattered.

The End.
Sign up to rate and review this story