Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu Yu Hakusho > Two Lonely hanyou hearts. (A YYH love story)

Enter Kurama: the gold-hearted thief.

by AnimeOtakuFoxChan 0 reviews

What happens when the group encounters Kurama?

Category: Yu Yu Hakusho - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama,Fantasy - Characters: Botan,Kurama,Yusuke - Warnings: [!!!] [?] - Published: 2011-01-12 - Updated: 2011-01-12 - 1196 words

0Unrated
Once Kurama was almost past us, he started to use telepathy.

"Don't worry; I have no intention of fighting. Nor do I intend to flee. In fact, I came to ask a favor." He said, his voice was really smooth and sweet sounding, which only made me blush more.
"Well, what do you want?" I asked back in my head.

"Give me three days, and I'll gladly return the forlorn hope." Kurama said out loud as he started to walk away. I looked back at him and I could feel my heart racing.

“Naomi? Naomi? Are you okay?” I heard Tsubaki ask and I snapped out of my thoughts and turned to her. “Oh yeah I’m fine, don’t worry.” I said, smiling.

“Well, if you say so.” Tsubaki said, shrugging as we kept walking to Yusuke’s apartment to treat his wounds.

"YOW!! Okay! Anymore alcohol and I'll need a designated driver!" Yusuke yelled as Tsubaki put alcohol on his wounded arm.

"Oh please! Don't be such a baby!" Tsubaki replied as she started wrapping his arm in bandages.

"You know, this could be a trap Yusuke. It seems a little too easy." Botan said cautiously.

"Huh?"

"It's no coincidence that He'd ask for three more days. By then, the moon will be completely full and the powers of the forlorn hope will be at its maximum. After that, the mirror will reflect the greatest wishes of the one looking into it. And, it is said that the user must give up something." Botan said explained.

"But not many people know what that something is. Getting the mirror back may be pointless if his wish is to destroy the world." Tsubaki added as she closed the first aid kit in her hands.

"But it sounds like he can do that by himself already. So why would he go out of his way to meet me and Naomi?" Yusuke asked, tilting his head a little to the side, looking confused.

"Why did he want to see me?' I asked myself. Thinking about him was making me blush all over again but I snapped out of it before it got too bad.

"That's a tough one." Botan said as she started to think.

"I say we can trust him. He had this look in his eyes. He looked more sad then evil." I spoke, I really believed that he wasn’t a bad person.

"I wish we knew more about this guy." Botan sighed to herself.

So, the next day, Yusuke, Tsubaki and I went to meet Kurama at the hospital. Tsubaki insisted on coming with us in case anything were to happen.

"I’m going to see if I can get more information on the forlorn hope from Koenma. You three go to your meeting with Kurama. And please be careful." Botan said as she appeared in front of us on her oar in the sky.

"Sure." I said, smiling at her.

"Fine." Tsubaki said, blankly.

"Yeah, Yeah, We'll be walking on eggshells!" Yusuke said as he put his hands behind his head and started walking off.

"So Naomi, are you sure that we can trust him?" Tsubaki asked, looking at me.

"I'm positive. I can tell that he's a good person." I replied, looking at the sky and blushing a little from just thinking about him.

"Well, here we are. The hospital" Yusuke said as we arrived at the hospital. We saw Kurama standing outside the hospital and smiled when he saw us. "Good, you came."

Once we got inside, Kurama led us into one of the hospital rooms. Room 501.

When we got in, we saw a black-haired woman in the bed. "It's been such a long time since you brought friends with you." the woman said as she sat up. She sounded really nice.

"It's alright mother, you don't have to sit up." Kurama said, going over to the woman.

"Mother?" I thought and looked at the woman. “But he doesn’t look at all like her.” I thought.
"It's not so bad, I feel well today." The woman replied, smiling softly.

"Shall I peel an apple for you?" Kurama offered, holding an apple in his hand.

"No, I'm not hungry." she replied.

"Please eat mother, you'll never get well without nutrition." Kurama said, he sounded concerned.

"Yes, of course. It's just so hard to remember all these things Suichi." The woman replied, smiling at Kurama.

"Well, try hard. I need you to get better quickly." Kurama replied, smiling back at the woman.
"Suichi? I thought his name was Kurama." I thought, remembering when the woman called him Suichi.

I could tell by the look in Sui- I mean Kurama's eyes that he was very concerned. And caring. My hunch was right. Then, Kurama took us to the roof of the hospital. It was sunset.

"Suichi is the name I've taken in my human form. That woman is my mother. Sort of; my father passed away years ago. For fifteen years, she has brought me up while I have deceived her." Kurama said, turning away from us.

"Sorry, we don't follow." Yusuke and Tsubaki both said, looking confused.

"My truest name is Yoko. I was a fox, a spirit fox gaining the powers over demons over the hundreds of years I lived. In time I became bored and spent my time learning the art of breaking seals and codes. Ancient treasures were my favorite sport. But fifteen years ago, I made a careless mistake and was badly injured by a strong pursuer. With the last energy I had, I escaped to the living world and became the child of a proud human family. Knowing that if I could withstand humanity for ten years; my spirit energy would have time to recover. Then, I would escape without a trace." Kurama said explained.

"Let me guess, something went wrong?" Tsubaki asked, crossing her arms.

"My mother fell ill. I know it might sound foolish but, I couldn’t leave her. Considering what she had done for me. That's when they appeared. Somehow, Hiei tracked me down and requested my expertise. And I remembered the powers of the forlorn hope. Did you know that in some species, a child eats its mother? Let me use the forlorn hope to save the woman's life. Then, I will accept my punishment." Kurama pleaded.

"But why would a demon such as yourself, do that for a human?" I asked, not really understanding it much, I always thought demons hated humans.

"I don't know; maybe because I'm guilty. Maybe I feel as though I am one of those mother-devouring creatures. I've caused her great pains. It's hard to raise a child who thinks you’re inferior. I feel I broke her spirit. Like maybe, in some way, I caused her disease." Kurama said, looking down sadly.

And some of what he said, hit home. It made me think of my mother. "But why are you telling us this?" Yusuke asked.

"Maybe I just needed someone to know. Besides, I can tell that you all would trust me; especially you." Kurama said as he pointed at me. He was right.
Sign up to rate and review this story