Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Laceration Gravity p1

Laceration Gravity p11

by dArDeViL 0 reviews

After Skyler talks to Mikey and spends time with him at the hospital she realizes something HUGE, something she knows she can never undo and something that won't go away. And she's okay with it.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2011-01-17 - Updated: 2011-01-18 - 842 words

0Unrated
When I found the room number 512, I cautiously and nervously walked inside. I glanced at the machines he was hooked up to and saw all the tools and wires that were in or on his body. His eyes were closed and he looked far from comfortable.

I walked closer to his bedside and placed my hand on his.

“Hey, Mikes,” I responded softly.

His eyes immediately fluttered open and he smiled, the gesture making his entire face light up.

“Hey, Skeye,” he said happily. “You came.”
I smiled in return. “Of course I came. You need to get better. I still need you.”
“You taking care of me and being here makes me feel better. And if you’re still thinking it’s your fault, it isn’t. I’m the one who didn’t wear a jacket and I’ve done it before. You’re the reason I’m closer to a recovery.”
“You’re so sweet, Michael, but I didn’t do anything tremendous.”
“You did in my eyes,” Mikey retorted and rubbed my hand with his fingers. “Skeye, I’ve been meaning to ask you something.”
“What?” I asked curiously, entwining our hands.
“It goes back to the first day I met you.” Mikey took a deep breath. “Skyler Emerson, will you be my-,”

“Mikey!!!”

I turned my head and smiled as Ray, Bob, and Frankie appeared with balloons. I assumed they got them from a nearby gift shop.

“Hey, guys,” Mikey replied, “glad you could make it.”
“Are you feeling better?” Bob inquired as they walked to the other side of Mikey’s bed.
“A lot better, thanks,” Mikey retorted. He caught my eyes and winked at me.
“You don’t look better,” Frank disagreed a bit too suddenly.

I hit his arm and he glared at me,

“Ouch,” he said sarcastically. “What is it with people hitting me today?”
Mikey glanced between me and Frankie. “Dude, what happened to your face?” he asked.
“Yeah, it looks horrible,” Ray agreed.
“Oh, gee, thanks.” I loved his sarcasm. “But it’s no big deal- it was nothing.”
“Doesn’t look like nothing,” Bob joined in.
Frank shrugged and said, “I just defended Skeye, that’s all.”
“What?!” they exclaimed.
“Who tried to hurt you?” Mikey asked frantically, ignoring his heart rate monitor that was beating rapidly. I loved how the panic and horror it his voice made it shoot up a few octaves.
“Calm down, sweetie,” I soothed, “it was just Derek.”
“Again?” Mikey inquired, dread in his tone.
I grabbed Mikey’s hand firmly and replied, “It wasn’t a big deal. Trust me.” Mikey frowned at me. I smiled and kissed his forehead. “I’ll leave you boys alone.” I got up and headed for the door.
“Will you come back soon?” Mikey asked hopefully.

My heart nearly melted at the anxiousness in his tone.

“Of course I will, sweetie. You know I can’t stay away from you for too long.” Mikey smiled widely and nodded before I left.

I cared about Michael way too much. I was in so deep. No turning back now.

I found Gee and Donna in the waiting room and sat next to Donna.

“I’m glad he’s doing better,” I murmured softly. “Once again I’m sorry he’s in here. I wish there was something I could do to help him. Something more I could do.”
“You have helped him, Skeye,” Donna retorted firmly. I looked over at her. “He’s getting better because of you. Anything more would be asking too much.”

I smiled and she gave me a hug.

I guess I didn’t fully realize just how much I meant to Mikey, but maybe one day I’d find out.


When I returned to Mikey’s room later on, he was more than happy to see me. I smiled and sat down on his bed, curling up next to him.

“I really want you to get better,” I murmured gently.
“Skeye, I assure you. I’ll be out of this hospital bed in no time. Trust me, you won’t even remember the word hospital.”
“Are you sure?”
“I’m sure, sweetie.” He smiled widely and kissed the top of my head.
I sighed in relief and said, “Good. Because I can’t survive much longer at Belleville without you.”
“And I can’t survive without seeing your face, period.”

I smiled and placed my hand on his.

“You’re so warm, sweetie,” he responded.
“I know,” I said, “it’s because I’m with you.”

Mikey put his arm around me as best he could and held me.

“I’m glad I met you, Mikey. And I’m so glad you talked to me.”
“Best thing I’ve ever done.” I laughed. “Will you come and visit me again?”
“You’ll have to beat me away with a stake.”
“A stake?” Mikey asked, baffled.
“Yep, I’m a vampire.”

We both laughed and I truly knew- at that moment- I loved Mikey Way.

dArDeViL™
Sign up to rate and review this story