Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Faring Well

Chapter 12

by whoah-that 9 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Humor - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-01-18 - Updated: 2011-01-19 - 1585 words

5Exciting
“Have you talked to Ray?” Gerard caught up with Harper after English class, after waving goodbye to Frank when they had to part ways.

“Yeah, actually. He called me only about ten minutes after you did…” Harper said suspiciously.

“Imagine that,” Gerard said off-handedly. “Now tell me: what’s going on with you two?”

“Well, he called me yesterday and said he wanted to talk, so we met up at the park and sat on the swings. We talked for a while, and we finally decided that we should be friends again, and it was stupid to be mad at each other.”

Gerard’s jaw dropped. “Friends? Just friends? I didn’t promise my brother ice cream for the rest of the week so you two could just be ‘friends’ again, just to have this happen again in a few months.”

“Well, what did you expect?”

“I expected you two to fucking date, already.” Gerard couldn’t find a way to be any more blunt about it.

Harper’s face turned bright red, and she started sputtering and stuttering. “Well--w-well that was silly of you to expect!” she said vehemently, not making eye-contact with her friend. “Ray ad I were never going to date, Gerard. This was all just a misunderstanding.”

“Oh, bullshit,” Gerard said, sighing. “You two are impossible.”

“Dude, what’s with the breakfast?” Ray asked. It was lunch, and the three friends were sitting at their table, enjoying what little time they had in the cafeteria. Gerard had just taken out a paper bowl, a spoon, a mini-box of Fruity Pebbles, and a carton of milk that he’d bought in the lunch line.

“I had a coupon for the little cereal boxes, so I bought them. Mikey gave me this idea.” Gerard mixed his cereal around in the bowl for a minute, making sure every piece got evenly coated in milk.

“You look like such a freak right now,” Ray remarked as Gerard took a big bite.

“Isn’t that why you love me, honey?” Gerard asked in a high-pitched voice, mouth full of cereal.

“Of course, darling,” Ray replied, rolling his eyes and chuckling.

“Hey,” Harper said suddenly, her first word since Ray had sat down. “Isn’t that your new friend, Gerard?” She pointed over the sea of teenagers to the doors that had just opened. Frank stood there with a plain, brown paper-bag in his hand, looking around nervously, lip ring clicking against his teeth.

“Hey, yeah,” Gerard said, standing on his chair and waving his arm to attract Frank’s attention.

“Oh, sure,” Ray said, cocking an eyebrow. “Just invite him over, Gerard. It’s not like you’re the only one that knows him and this could be the most epic awkward silence since I asked Brittany Bader out at that party.”

“Brittany Bader?” Harper asked incredulously. “She’s repulsive!”

“Yeah, now she is. In middle school, though, she was hot.”

“Ray, please get over yourself,” Gerard said, sitting down when he’d caught Frank’s attention and beckoned him to their lunch table. “He’s cool.”

“He’s related to Bryar,” Ray said, as though that were reason enough to be distrusting of the new boy. Harper opened her mouth to object, but thought better of it at last minute, saying nothing.

“Shh!” Gerard hushed his friend hurriedly as Frank approached the table. “Hey,” he said, trying to be cool when Frank sat down.

“Hi,” Frank said quietly, smiling awkwardly around at the other two teens he wasn’t acquainted with. “Umm…”

“Oh!” Gerard said, snapping out of his staring-at-Frank-with-a-stupid-grin reverie. “Sorry. This is Ray Toro and Harper Valens. They’re my friends.”

“Hi,” Harper said in a friendly tone, waving and smiling. Frank’s smile broadened, and he waved back.

“Good to meet you,” he said. He tried to act like he wasn’t still nervous, but Gerard noticed that he was still clicking his silver lip ring against his teeth, a habit that Gerard found increasingly--Gerard stopped himself from thinking the word “cute.”

“’Sup,” Ray said blandly, not making eye contact with the new boy. Gerard kicked him under the table, wishing he could strangle his stupid, embarrassing, rude friend. An uneasy silence befell the lunch table.

“So…” Harper said, making an effort to create a conversation, which Gerard appreciated. “Where you from, Frankie-boy?” Face-palm. Frankie-boy? Gerard dully wondered if he could manage to slit his wrists with his paper cereal bowl without drawing too much attention.

Frank chuckled nervously at the stupid nickname. “I’m actually from here, originally, but I moved to California when I was four. I came back here to stay with my cousin Bob for a while.”

“Why?” Stop prying, stop prying, stop prying. Gerard was trying to send telepathic messages to Harper to keep from making Frank feel uncomfortable, or interrogated.

“My parents are getting divorced, and they don’t want me to be around for all the legal fighting and junk.”

“Oh.” It didn’t seem to faze him, but even so, another silence fell on the table.

“So…” Harper began again, and this time Gerard silently begged her to keep quiet. “How are you liking Belleville High so far?”

“It’s okay. I mean, I don’t really know anyone yet, except my cousin…and Gerard,” he added as an afterthought. Gerard smiled and nodded absently.

“So--” Gerard began, wanting to jump into the conversation, seeing as Harper was asking prying questions and Ray wasn’t saying anything at all. He was interrupted, however, by the ringing of the bell that signaled the end of lunch. “Ah, man,” he said, getting up and tossing his brown paper bag into the trash can. It made it in, but knocked Frank’s out of the rim and onto the floor. “Sorry about that,” Gerard said.

“No problem, but you have to pick it up now,” Frank said, winking at Gerard, nearly making the other boy’s knees buckle.

“Yes, your majesty. Anything, my prince,” Gerard said in his horrible British accent, bowing low and picking up the paper.

“Good little slave-boy,” Frank said, patting his friend gingerly on the head as they walked out of the cafeteria.

“At least I can do something right,” Gerard said, making both boys laugh. “So, where are you headed?” Gerard asked.

“Well, I have Statistics next, and then they put me in something called ‘senior privilege,’ but I’m not quite certain…”

“That just means that by the end of the year, you’re going to have all the credits you need to graduate and you don’t need another class, so you just get to go home.”

“Oh,” Frank said, not looking as happy as he should have at getting to leave school early. “Well, I should probably get out of that.”

“Why?” Gerard asked incredulously. “That’s, like, the best part of my day! I love leaving early while everyone else has to stay here for an extra hour.”

“Yeah, but I don’t have a car, or a valid Jersey license. What am I gonna do, walk around campus for an hour?” Frank shoved his hands in his pockets awkwardly.

“Doesn’t Bryar have a license?”

“Yeah, but he’s failed so many classes, I doubt they’d give him any kind of privilege for it.”

“Well, that certainly sounds like Bryar. No offense,” Gerard added hastily, shooting a worried glance at Frank, hoping he hadn’t just shot down his favorite family member, or something. He was reassured by a chuckle from the boy next to him. “Anyway, you don’t have to switch out. I’ll drive you home.”

“Oh, you don’t have to do that,” Frank said, rubbing the back of his neck and turning pink.

“No, it’s fine. That is, as long as you don’t mind coming with me to pick up Mikey from Belleville Elementary.” Gerard found himself feeling almost anxious for Frank to agree to a ride home.

“Well…Okay. I mean, if you’re sure you don’t mind.”

“Nonsense. Your good little slave-boy is at your service.” Gerard tried to wink, but it turned out more like a weird twitch. It made Frank smile, though, and that was all that really mattered to Gerard. Except, of course, the fact that he was also driving the other teen home that day. That was definitely a plus.


FINALLY! I have something up! I'm sosososososososo sorry it took so long. I have a real reason this time. On Saturday, I got my wisdom teeth pulled, and I've been wallowing in pain and self-pity for the past few days. I'd compare the feeling of being on high doses of hydrocodon to tripping acid...or what I imagine tripping on acid to be. I could barely walk, let alone write anything. Been eating nothing but soup and pudding, and believe me, it gets old. So yeah, that's why I haven't updated in too long. I've still got chipmunk-cheeks, but other than that, I feel great, thanks for asking. So...what do you think of this? Do you think Ray will continue to be an asshole to Frank, just because he's related to Bob (and yes, I know that Frank Iero and Bob Bryar are not actually related)? How will the driving home of Frank go? Sexy-time? Ha! Just kidding. No sexy-time, yet. We'll see about that later...Anyway, go comment, plz, and subscribe if you still haven't. Right...get to it. OverAndOutxx
Sign up to rate and review this story