Categories > Celebrities > Guns n' Roses > Ain't It Fun

Chapter 15: November Rain

by rmrose2662 0 reviews

After Axl walks out, Riley is trying to cope with what she still believes to be the right decision. But a strange dream makes Riley start to question what she did...

Category: Guns n' Roses - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2011-01-18 - Updated: 2011-01-19 - 884 words - Complete

0Unrated
I flopped down against the pillows and groaned. How? How the hell did the world come crashing down around me in a matter of hours? Last night had been one of the greatest of my life, this morning I had been so happy to have Axl loving me, and now, now I wasn’t even sure if my own brother loved me.
I felt guilty. I had no reason to, especially since it wasn’t my fault. I had done what every other girl in the world with enough balls to stick up to their boyfriend would have done. I wasn’t the first, and I sure as hell wasn’t going to be the last.
Izzy laid down next to me and watched me. “Are you okay?”
“No, I’m not okay Iz.”
He opened his arms up and I snuggled in. So what if we really weren’t interested in each other that way? He was being a great friend to me right now and that’s all I needed.
“Do you want me to go talk to Ax for you?”
I shook my head. “I’m afraid he’ll hurt you. Besides, I don’t want to go back to him right now. He’s pissed off so that means he’ll think, so maybe he’ll figure out I didn’t do anything wrong.” I closed my eyes. “I’ll consider going back when he realizes that.”
We were silent for a moment before I spoke. “Thanks for the girlfriend story.”
“My pleasure. Bill needs to figure out that he can’t get away with that shit, and if this is the only way, then so be it.”
“You’re right,” I managed around a yawn.
Izzy smiled. “Go to sleep. You’ve had a long day.”
Before the words were out of Izzy’s mouth I was already out, still wrapped in his arms.

It was dark, pitch black. I couldn’t see my hand in front of my face even though I could feel it against my nose.
Where was I? It was cold and it felt like a cave, but it was too quiet. There was no sound of water dripping from stalactites, no sound of animals, it was as silent as a grave. I could feel a breeze pushing at my back. I turned to face it but realized I couldn’t move. The breeze became harder and more solidified. It felt like something was up against my back.
“Who’s there?” I asked through a shaky voice.
Someone smirked in the dark, but I couldn’t recognize who it was nor pinpoint where it was coming from. Something warm enveloped my body and just as the breeze had, it became firm.
“Thought you had everything didn’t you?” a voice whispered in my ear. “Had the greatest guy in the world, in the biggest band, everybody loved you…”
“Who are you!?”
“Come on Riley, you’ve already forgotten what my voice sounds like? It’s only been a few days.”
My breath caught in my throat. “Erin?”
“Good job. Someone give her a cookie.” If I only knew where she was I would have slapped her.
“Like your life’s any better. He dumped and cheated on you. At least I got back at him.”
“Oh I don’t want to get back at him. I’m smart enough to know that if I want him back I’ve got to be nice. You on the other hand blew it.”
“Whatever.”
“Just wait. You’ll see me in the apartment tomorrow morning.”
I laughed. “Are you high? Axl doesn’t love you. The only reason he would come to you would be to make me jealous or to get his rocks off.”
“Maybe, maybe not. Point is I have him.”
“Not yet you don’t.”
“Technically. But it will only be a matter of time.”
“You must be crazy.”
“Me? Crazy? Honey, I’m not the one talking to myself.”
“I’m not talking to myself.”
“Want to bet?”
“Riley!”
I woke up suddenly, disoriented. I was breathing hard, sweat coating my face. Izzy was over me looking concerned. A purple light was starting to fill the room as dawn approached.
“Riley, are you okay?”
“Yeah, I’m fine. Just had a weird dream.”
“What about?”
I didn’t want to tell Izzy at all. It would have felt weird to tell the guy who was playing my boyfriend that I had a dream about fighting with my ex’s ex.
“I don’t even remember. What was I doing to wake you up?”
“You were talking in your sleep. Like you were having a conversation with yourself.”
“Did I say anything that made sense?” I asked, starting to get worried.
“Not really. It was mostly random words but the way you said them made me think you were talking to yourself in your dream.”
“Yeah, well…”
Izzy smiled at me and kissed my forehead. It felt weird but I figured he just meant it in a friendly way. “Go back to sleep. I’m right here.”
I watched him warily for a moment. “Yeah…”
“What?” Izzy asked when I still didn’t move my gaze from him.
I shook my head. “Nothing. Goodnight.”
“Goodnight.”
Sign up to rate and review this story