Categories > Books > Harry Potter > A Fine Line Between Love and Hate

After Hogwarts

by Whisper_of_the_Heart 0 reviews

'There's a fine line between love and hate' For the last 5 years Draco Malfoy and Hermione Granger have been living very different lives. But when those lives collide at a Hogwarts reunion, thin...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Romance - Characters: Draco,Hermione - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2011-01-20 - Updated: 2011-01-20 - 902 words - Complete

0Unrated
6 Months Later

‘I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss the bride.’
Hermione watched, tears in her eyes as Ron swept the new Mrs Lavender Weasley into a passionate kiss.
‘Congratulations Ron.’ she said, hugging her best friend tightly.
‘Thanks ‘Mione.’ Ron replied quietly. After she had congratulated Ron, Hermione walked over to Harry and Ginny, who were stood by the church door.
‘Oh ‘Mione.’ said Ginny sympathetically.
‘I’m fine Gin; I’m just happy Ron’s found someone special.’ Hermione said with a watery smile.
‘As long as you’re all right ‘Mione, we’ll see you at the reception.’ said Harry, he hugged Hermione briefly, then turned and put his arm around Ginny and walked to where Ron and Lavender were stood being showered in confetti.

A Few Hours Later

Hermione sat on a park bench in Central London, a half empty Butterbeer bottle in her hand. She was crying...again.
Suddenly, the bottle was snatched from her hand.
‘Hey...’ said Hermione, looking up, an indignant look on her face.
‘I think you’ve had enough of this don’t you Hermione? Potter told me this is your third.’ said a familiar voice.
‘Draco?’ asked Hermione, squinting because the light was so poor.
‘Who else? Hang on, Lumos.’ a light appeared, blinding Hermione and lighting up Draco’s face. With a cheeky grin, he took a gulp of her Butterbeer.
‘That’s mine.’ protested Hermione, making a grab for it, but Draco held it out of her reach.
‘Not anymore it’s not. Two and a half is enough for you.’ said Draco, trying to be serious and taking another swig of Hermione’s Butterbeer.
‘Draco...’
‘All right, I’ll give what’s left of it to you...for a kiss.’ Draco shot Hermione a sly look.
‘Draco, I’m warning you...’ Hermione growled getting unsteadily to her feet.
‘And you haven’t written to me after what we shared at The Lake, I’ve written you several, but you blocked my owls, I mean...’
‘Draco, shut up!’ shouted Hermione, clapping her hand across his mouth and pulling him down so he was sat on the bench next to her.
‘Shut up.’ Hermione repeated, a little quieter this time, then kissed him passionately.
Draco didn’t know whether it was the alcohol making Hermione kiss him or not, he didn’t care. The Butterbeer bottle slipped from Draco’s fingers and smashed on the ground as he wrapped his arms around Hermione’s waist and pulled her closer.
They broke apart moments later, gasping for air. Hermione leaned her head against Draco’s chest, inhaling the musky smell of his deodorant that still lingered faintly on his robes.
‘I’m sorry.’ she said quietly.
‘For what?’
‘For being an idiot at Hogwarts, for leaving you in the middle of the school grounds, for not writing to you with an explanation, for blocking your owls.’ replied Hermione, her voice muffled due to the fact she had her face buried in Draco’s robes.
Ah, so she wasn’t drunk, that meant Hermione had kissed him of her own free will, which was good.
‘You were confused, its natural, we’ve hated each other for years, no, that’s not true, I started liking you in our 3rd Year.’ said Draco, absentmindedly stroking Hermione’s hair.
‘3rd Year? Wasn’t that the year I punched you?’ asked Hermione, blinking at him.
‘Yes it was and my nose has never been the same since.’ joked Draco, smiling. Hermione laughed and punched Draco’s arm lightly, Draco rubbed it looking hurt, then threw it over Hermione’s shoulders and pulled her close.
‘So, what do you think? Do you reckon me and you could work?’ he asked. Hermione cocked her head to one side and looked up at him.
‘I think we could, I’m just a little concerned about what Harry and Ron might say about us.’ she replied.
‘Stuff Potter and Weasley, Weasley in particular, he had his chance and blew it. He married Brown today, should have been you.’ said Draco.
‘Oh Draco.’ laughed Hermione, pecking him on the cheek. Draco wasn’t satisfied with that, so he pulled Hermione back to him, kissing her fiercely.
‘We’ll work.’ said Draco after they broke apart, Hermione, breathless, nodded.
Draco checked his watch over Hermione’s head. It was nearly 1am.
‘Come on, I’ll walk you home.’ he said.
‘What’s the time?’ Hermione asked, taking his arm and pulling it around her neck so she could see his watch.
‘Is that really the time?’ she asked, amazed.
‘Yes and it’s time you were home.’ replied Draco as Hermione stifled a yawn.
‘All right, all right.’ Hermione let Draco help her to her feet. He wrapped his arm around her waist and let her lean against him.
‘Draco.’
‘What?’
‘Wand, you’ve left it on the bench.’
‘Oh, right.’ Draco turned and picked it up. ‘Nox.’ he said and the light went out.
‘Draco?’
‘What now?’
‘I think I love you.’
‘That’s good.’
‘Why?’
‘Because I think I love you too.’

END
*****************
A/N
Finished! Yay! This was originally a one shot but a close friend who read it a while back said I should split it up for readability so, here be the finished product, I hope you enjoy and please leave a review. Thankies :)
Sign up to rate and review this story