Categories > Celebrities > Guns n' Roses

Quiet

by Larien 1 review

Duff thinks while watching Izzy practice.

Category: Guns n' Roses - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2011-01-23 - Updated: 2011-01-24 - 402 words - Complete

2Moving
He really is an enigma.

Closed to the world, he sits, dark hair hiding hazel eyes. His fingers caress taught strings, coaxing out notes and chords, filling the room with a melody previously known only to him. He’s not aware I’m watching. I’m not even sure he’s aware of much more than the guitar cradled in his lap. He’s lost in the song, a serene smile curling his lips.

As his fingers dance along the fret board, so my eyes dance across his body. Pale, thin arms extend up to narrow shoulders. A tattered t-shirt hides his torso, replacing his typically half-buttoned dress shirt. His hips are covered in simple boxer shorts. His legs, every bit as pale as his arms, are criss-crossed. His feet are covered in worn socks. I stifle a chuckle at his refusal to be barefoot. Aside from Desi, I think I’m the only one to ever see his naked feet.

My gaze travels back up to that dark mop of hair. It’s grease-slicked and a bit tangled. I have to wonder how many days it’s been since his last shower. I should probably trick him into the shower later, but it won’t hurt to wait until he’s finished playing.

I love hearing him play. I lean against the door frame, letting his melody wash over me. His style is simple, more suited to playing rhythm. There’s still a beauty to be heard, however. It’s like a hidden treasure, much akin to the guitarist himself.

He’s a beautiful mystery and I’ve been trying to figure him out since the first day we met. I’m close to thinking it’s impossible. Once I think I’ve got the mystery solved, new pieces of the puzzle present themselves and my view is once again distorted. But I guess that’s part of the attraction. I’m never bored with him. I can only hope I keep his attention half as well.

“Duff, how long have you been staring?”

His voice pulls me from my thoughts and I can feel my cheeks growing hot. I stand up straight again, struggling to force my mind to form a proper excuse. He sets his guitar aside, standing up and crossing his arms over his chest.

“Well?”

I flash a nervous smile. “Um…Wanna join me for a shower?”
Sign up to rate and review this story