Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Duality

Found Out

by andafaith

HBP AU. It's hard enough being a teenager; add nefarious plots, the Dark Lord, and house rivalries into the mix. A story about enlightenment, growing up, and getting over yourself. Harry Potter/Dap...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Blaise Zabini,Draco,Harry,Hermione,Ron - Warnings: [!!!] [X] [?] - Published: 2011-01-29 - Updated: 2011-01-29 - 1386 words

?Blocked
Author's Note: This is an odd plot bunny that hit me and begged me to write it. Don't be fooled too much by the first half of the fic. The first half of this, possibly novel length, fic is a lot lighter than the second half is going to be, due to a progressively moving plot. :) I hope you enjoy it and please review - thank you!





Duality: Found Out

oOo



"Harry! Where have you been?"

Hermione's voice carried through the Common Room as he entered and he winced. He could only imagine how he looked. He wasn't expecting them to wait up. His hair was always a fright anyway, so it didn't really matter if that was messy. Ron was sitting on the floor with his chess board set up, and he looked up as Harry entered.

When Harry didn't reply to her question, Hermione stared at him suspiciously.

"I didn't see you after Slughorn's meeting, I was worried."

"I'm fine - great, actually. I just went to clear my head a bit." That sounded good, truthful. Not really a lie at all.

"What's that on your neck, mate?" Ron asked as he got up from the floor to join his two friends. Ron moved Harry's hair away from his neck and Harry swallowed thickly, clasping a hand over it.

"I, er - well..." was all he could manage to get out.

Hermione laughed. "Ah, that makes sense. I didn't see Greengrass after the meeting either."

"Daphne Greengrass?" Ron exclaimed and Harry shushed him, hoping no one in the dorms heard that and came down inspecting the noise. "You were... snogging a bloody Slytherin? Gross!" he continued more quietly, but Ron still stared at Harry as if he had suddenly grown twelve heads.

"Ron!" Hermione scolded, folding her arms over her chest."Harry can kiss whomever he likes. Not like he has to get your permission to snog someone."

"But...how the hell could you even do that?"

"It was... good?" Harry asked, grinning. "Very good, actually."

Ron's face started to turn green as he wrinkled his nose, frowning. Hermione slapped him on the shoulder. "Be considerate, Ron. Greengrass isn't that bad."

"She's kind of... nice for a Slytherin," Harry added, nodding, earning an obviously amused grin from Hermione. It felt awkward talking to his friends about this. He didn't want to give them any hints that they did more than snog. That was one secret he was willing to keep for as long as humanly possible.

Ron huffed. "She probably just wanted to snog the 'famous Harry Potter', all Slytherins are dirty gits like that."

"Actually, no, Ron. We talked about that," he said, irritated by Ron's sudden childish hissy fit, but trying not to show it. It wasn't as if he accidentally poisoned the Chudley Cannon's - all he did was kiss a Slytherin. Well, more than kiss, but Ron didn't need to know that.

"Right," Ron said doubtfully, then sighed, flicking his wand at his chess set. "Kiss 'whomever you want' - I'm going to bed."

They watched Ron huffily walk up the stairs, his chess set tucked under his arm. Hermione leaned closed to him, sniffing the whole time, causing Harry to shift away from her. "You've been smoking too."

"Daphne smokes," he explained. Hermione would get all over him for smoking; he could only imagine the lecture.

"Really? I didn't know that."

"Neither did I. She's... different," he concluded with a slight grin.

"Good. I think... you need that." Hermione still looked at him suspiciously, obviously itching to ask him something, he knew it. He knew her long enough to know what that gleam in her eye meant.

Sighing, he chewed the inside of his cheek. "Just say it, alright, Hermione? Whatever you have to say or ask."

"You slept with her, didn't you?"

Harry wasn't expecting her to be that observant. He gaped. "I..." Merlin, why couldn't he form full sentences?

After he finished stumbling over responses, during which Hermione stared at him very patiently, waiting. "What - what gave me away?" he stuttered, staring at her warily.

"The hickey, you smell a bit like smoke and definitely sex. Plus, your belt isn't threaded through as many loops as it usually is, your clothes are messier than usual - that smile on your face when you came in. You certainly look like you've been thoroughly shagged," Hermione explained quietly in one breath, like she was rattling off an answer from a textbook.

Had she ever thought of working in espionage or as adetective before? Harry wanted to say that, but what blurted out of his mouth was: "Just don't tell Ron. He'll probably hate-"

"You were safe, weren't you?" she interrupted, giving him a stern look.

Oh bloody brilliant, Hermione could be just as bad as Ron's Mum sometimes. "Contraceptive charm, yes."

"Good." She paused. "Ron won't hate you. He's just jealous or something, I'm sure. Whatever goes through that brain of his."

Harry shrugged. "Well, I slept with a Slytherin, after all. He'd probably retch if he heard about it, or something, and I'd never hear the end of it," he whispered.

"Secret's safe with me," Hermione replied with a small grin."I should probably get off to bed. It's really late."

"Yeah, me too. G'night." He shockingly wasn't tired in the least. Usually after he had a wank, he could easily fall asleep, but shagging was so much different from wanking. It was like a really good, long, mind-clearing flight. So this was what it felt like to be a normal impulsive teenager... It wasn't half bad.

Harry retreated up to his dorm, to find Ron skulking on the edge of his four poster bed, his red hair shining bright copper in the moonlight. "Why Daphne Greengrass?"

He held back a groan, expecting the third degree. "It just happened, Ron, not like I planned it or anything," Harry said in a quiet voice, glancing around at the other occupants to make sure they were still asleep.

"So... how was it?"

"Excuse me?" he had to ask again, because he wasn't sure he heard right.

"How... was it?" Ron repeated as Harry moved over to his trunk and sat to remove his shoes.

"I told you - very good," he replied, slipping his socks off and undoing his belt.

"No, I mean... like, snogging."

"I don't know what you mean." Harry started unbuttoning his shirt, remembering the way Daphne's hands had felt when they did unbuttoned every single button, her hands brushing over his skin. His cock twitched at that single thought.

He looked over at Ron to see his blue eyes staring at him nervously. "I've never... kissed anyone so I really don't know how to do it."

It dawned on him what Ron was asking. "Oh." He blushed."Well... you just move your lips and swallow occasionally because your tongue is going to be involved at some point and there's a lot of saliva, um..." He really didn't know how to explain how to kiss someone. "I think it would be better if you found someone who could... demonstrate."

"You stuck your tongue... in her mouth?"

"Mhm." Harry stripped down to his boxers and crawled into bed.

"Obviously she didn't bite it off then."

Trust Ron to expect the worst from a Slytherin.

"No. Sucked on it though. That was... bloody brilliant," he said absentmindedly, trying to push away the thoughts that started to flood his brain. Merlin, he couldn't talk about this.

"Sucked on it?"

"Yes."

"Oh."

"Is that all then?"

"Yeah, I think so."

Thank Merlin! He hated awkward conversations like that. Ron was way too contemplative for his own good, over a lot of awkward things.

"Goodnight."

His mind wandered to the knickers in the pocket of his robes after that particular word. What if a house elf came in the middle of the night to collect laundry?

"Night."

He waited till Ron was breathing deeply enough to be sleeping so he could retrieve the pants from his pocket. She definitely had good taste in knickers. Blue, not overly lacy - very feminine. He stashed them under his pillow quickly, with his wand, and settled against the bed, trying not to think of all the possibilities surrounding Daphne Greengrass and her knickers.
Sign up to rate and review this story