Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Corrupt Fruit

Trust the Angel

by Noizchild 0 reviews

A pericular dream leads Anna to talk to Tsuzuki about her dreams in college. A little drop of fluff for all.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Horror,Romance - Characters: Tsuzuki - Published: 2011-02-02 - Updated: 2011-02-03 - 917 words - Complete

0Unrated


Chapter Thirty-Two: Trust the Angel:

Anna slowly opened her eyes and saw darkness all around. She felt an eerie tightness around her neck as if a rope was strangling her. The woman's eyes jerked forward and found violet blank eyes in front of her. Anna's own eyes trailed down to her throat. He had thin red ribbon wrapped around it, being pulled tighter and tighter. Anna looked up at him again to see nothing in his eyes-- no malice, no sorrow, nothing.

Strangely, she didn't fight back. She couldn't explain why; Anna just let him strangle her. The ribbon tightened around her throat. Anna shut her eyes. Tsuzuki held the ribbon around her neck until his beloved angel passed out. He let go of the ribbon and embraced her. The shinigami gave her a kiss on the lips.

----

Anna opened her eyes to the dimly lit room. She put her hand over her throat. No red ribbon there as far as she could feel. The woman glanced beside of her to find Tsuzuki peacefully asleep. Confusion filled her mind. What was that about?

The woman crawled out of the futon and over to her bag. Anna sat against the back wall and started writing.

8/26/09

Had another strange dream; not about the woman in ribbons this time. My Asato-kun was strangling me. This is the strange part: he wasn't doing it out of hate. There was nothing there; his eyes were just blank. Also, I didn't resist or struggle. I just…let him strangle me. I don't know why; I just did.

Anna read over her entry. No more words came to her, so she closed her journal and crawled back into the futon. She huddled up close to Tsuzuki and closed her eyes.

-----

In the early morning hours, Tsuzuki awoke. A warm smile spread across his face as his eyes rested upon Anna's resting face. His fingers gently caressed her cheek. Anna's eyes slowly fluttered open.

"Good morning," Tsuzuki whispered. Anna managed to give him a little smile.

"Morning," she whispered. Tsuzuki gave her little kiss on the nose. It was then he noticed the doubt in her eyes.

"What's wrong, Anna-chan?" the shinigami whispered. The woman's smile dropped. No use hiding from each other. Anna shook her head.

"Nothing," she mumbled. "It’s just another strange dream again." Tsuzuki made a face at her.

"About him again?" he asked. Anna shook her head.

"No, nothing like that," she answered. "I had strange dreams in college. They're kind of hard to explain. One is always a woman wrapped in red ribbons."

Tsuzuki narrowed his eyes at her. "What does that mean?" he asked. Anna shrugged as she shook her head.

"I've never been able to figure that out,” she replied. “They make no sense to me."

"Did you see that woman again last night?" her boyfriend asked. Anna swallowed as her eyes shifted away from her lover.

"You promise you won't freak out if I tell you?" she asked reluctantly.

"Why?" Tsuzuki asked. Anna shut her eyes.

"Just promise me," she insisted as she battled to keep a clear. Tsuzuki took hold of her hand.

"Alright, I promise," he told her. Anna hesitated as she bit her lip before opening her eyes.

"I was dreaming that you were strangling me," she admitted in a slow, steady voice. Tsuzuki made an odd face at her.

"Why would I do that?" he asked. Anna shook her head.

"I don't know,” she admitted. “There was nothing in your eyes. It was as if you weren't there. On top of that, I didn't put up a fight. I just let your strangle me until I passed out. Afterwards, you let go of the ribbon you had around my neck and kissed me." Tsuzuki held her close to his body. Anna looked up with rather surprised eyes.

"Asato-kun…" she murmured.

"I would never try to harm you," he whispered in her hair. She closed her hand into a fist against his chest.

"I know that," she whispered as if to reassure herself. Tsuzuki breathed in her hair deeply.

/Anna-chan/, he thought with a sinking heart.

"I trust you; now and forever," Anna declared out loud.

"I trust you too," her boyfriend said back. That didn't do much to ease Anna's worry one bit. She did trust him and she knew that it was the same case with him to her. That didn't mean they wouldn't be tested. That itself made the woman rather nervous. Will I trust him enough not to kill me?

"Want to go away somewhere?" Tsuzuki asked her.

"And go where?" Anna asked as she looked up at him. Tsuzuki shrugged with her in his arms.

"Just anywhere," he replied.

"Anywhere?" his girlfriend asked. He kissed her on the head.

"You trust me, right?" the shinigami asked. Anna smiled to herself.

"Yes, I do," she murmured. Tsuzuki rubbed on her back.

"Okay, we'll head out tonight,” he announced. Anna glanced up at him with a strange look in her eyes.

"Tonight?” she asked. “Why then?" The shinigami gave her an innocent look.

"Don't know, just felt like it,” he replied. “Trust me on this." Anna sighed and shook her head with a smile on her face.

"Okay, okay," she said, content. Her man patted her on the head.

"You won't be disappointed," Tsuzuki assured her. Anna smiled to herself in his arms.

"I know I will,” she said in a whimsical mood. “I trust you after all."
Sign up to rate and review this story