Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Go Ahead and Burn it Down.

Anything But Certain

by XxLiveyourlifExX 2 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2011-02-07 - Updated: 2011-02-08 - 1272 words - Complete

0Unrated
Anything But Certain

“Patrick, what’s wrong?” Joe asked as Patrick as he walked up to the table that Joe and Andy were at eating at craft services.

“I just got off the phone with Stacy. We have to go home. Tonight.”

“Why?” Andy asked, a sinking feeling in his stomach.

Patrick looked up, pain evident in his eyes. “It’s happened. Chris needs us.”

**

Pete was on his way to the van. When it came into view, Pete saw Patrick, Joe, and Andy packing what seemed to be everything they owned.

“Whoa, what’s going on?”

The three shared a look. Then Andy stepped forward. “We’re going home.”

“But there’s only three days left of tour!” Pete was confused. They had worked hard for this opportunity. It was their first time out with Andy. They had gotten some label interest. Why would they be leaving? “What the Hell is going on?”

“Chris needs us.” At Andy’s words, the confusion faded from Pete’s face. He solemnly nodded and started to pack.

**

Nothing worse could have happened to her. She had been dreading this event for years. She had been prepared by doctors, her shrink, her parents, but it hadn’t been enough. It was like her world had exploded in the most unpleasant way.

She had been lying on the floor of her room for hours in silence. It was oppressive. She needed out. She stood in her sweatpants and tank top, put on her slippers and left her room,
her house, her street.

She didn’t know where she was going, but her feet seemed to. She didn’t know what time it was, only that it was dark. She just walked.

**

They spent money they didn’t have to get back to Chicago. They had to leave the van with their tour manager back in New York.

They stumbled off the plane at one thirty in the morning. Pete’s parents were there with Pete’s car and keys. The boys piled in and drove off.

It was late, but the house they pulled up to had all the lights on. The boys went to the door and Joe knocked. An older man answered the door.

“Can I help you?” He asked, looking at the four boys on the stoop skeptically.

“We’re looking for Chris.” Joe said.

“Chris? Sorry, there isn’t a Chris here.” The man said, looking even more puzzled.

“Tina,” Pete said softly, it was the first thing he had said besides hello to his parents since Andy told him they were going home. He looked up at the man and spoke, louder than before. “Is Tina here?”

“Oh,” the man said. “Tina left a while ago. I’m not sure where she went.”

Pete nodded. That didn’t surprise him. He turned and started to go back to the car.

“Thanks,” Patrick said.

The man nodded and closed the doors. The guys followed Pete back to the car. Then Pete started driving.

“Where are we going?” Joe asked. There was no answer. Just driving. Five minutes later they stopped. They were at a 24-hour diner. Joe answered his own question, “Oh.”

They clambered out and went inside. They were greeted by a waitress with a nametag that read
‘Bunny.’ “She’s at the usual table, boys. Will you be having fries or pie?”

“It’s a pie kind of night,” Pete responded continuing to walk through the diner to the booth in the back.

There she was. Her head in her arms on the table, an empty glass of Coke, her shoulders shaking with sobs. Pete slid onto the vinyl and took her in his arms not saying anything. Patrick slid in on the other side of her and the other boys took their respective seats. It seemed her crying got louder when Pete picked her up off the table and Patrick started rubbing her back.

Bunny came by and brought drinks and cherry pie. She looked at the scene before her. “It’s a pie AND fries kind of night.” And she walked away to return a few minutes later with several baskets of fries. She looked questioningly at Andy who seemed to be the least emotional at the moment. On her order pad, which she never used, she wrote ‘what happened?’ and passed it to Andy.

He returned it with the words ‘It’s over. He’s gone.’

Bunny’s eyes filled up with tears. She couldn’t believe this battle was over. It was so sad that these were the circumstances that brought these kids back to her diner. So. Sad. She had to walk away.

“Shh, Chris,” Pete said, clutching his best friend. “We’re here now.” In a few minutes she had quieted down and was just shaking in Pete’s arms. Her head was tucked into the crook of
Pete’s neck. “You want to talk about it?” She shook her head no. “Want some pie? Bunny brought fries too.”

She lifted her head up. “Is it cherry?” her voice was raspy from crying.

“As always,” Joe said, pushing a plate with a slice of pie towards her with a fork.

“I guess I could eat some pie.”

They sat and ate the food that Bunny kept bringing them. When they had finished and tried to pay, Bunny wouldn’t take their money.

“We should probably take you home,” Andy said as they walked toward the car.

“I don’t want to go there,” she said her eyes filling with tears again and she sagged into Pete.

“Chris,” Patrick said, “It’s four in the morning. You’re parents are probably worried.”

“No,” she said weakly, “It’s awful there.”

Pete tightened his arm around her. “Come on Chris. You gotta go home.” She shook her head no again. He gathered her into a hug. Over her head he mouthed to Patrick, “We’ve got to take her home.”

Patrick responded, “Maybe driver her around a bit?”

Pete nodded and tossed his keys to Patrick. “Get in the car, Chris. Let’s take a drive.”

She allowed them to lead her to the car. She sat by the window and next to Pete. Patrick drove for a long time. Most of the time she stared out the window crying. Eventually she fell asleep on Pete’s shoulder.

“Let’s take her home,” Pete whispered. Patrick turned the car in that direction. Once again, every light in the house was on. Pete picked up Chris and carried her inside. He didn’t knock this time, just walked in, Patrick, Joe and Andy followed. The man who answered the door before came to see what was going on.

“What the Hell is happening here?!”

“Shhhh,” Pete hushed him.

“Steve, it’s ok. These are Tina’s friends,” came a women’s voice from behind the man. “Hello boys. Pete, could you take her upstairs?”

Pete nodded and started climbing the stairs, the others stayed downstairs to talk to Chris’ mom. He put Chris in bed and tucked her in. He was about to walk out of the room when Chris spoke.

“Peter?”

“Ya, Christina?” It wasn’t often she used his real name. When she did, he knew to listen.

“Matty’s gone.” Her voice was thick with tears.

**

A/N:See I told you I have a new story. This is a little autobiographical (in the most loose way) and it's a story I need to write. I don't really care if you like it, but I hope you do. Review if you want. Love, Corri
Sign up to rate and review this story