Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter & The Final Battle

Training

by Buff_dogg2 2 reviews

Harry gets into training and makes a new friend.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Characters: Harry, Other - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-05-17 - Updated: 2006-05-17 - 2437 words

0Cliche
Disclaimer: I still don't own shit, sorry to bust your bubble.

Training


Today is Harry's first day of training. He returns to the master bedroom of his chest to begin. Upon the bed is an occlumency book and the letter which he took from the study addressed to him from his mom. He opened the letter and began to read.

To My Dearest Harry

Right now I am here struggling to write this letter you with on my lap. You just won't go to sleep. Well I decided to write this letter and get it over with, waiting isn't going to make it any easier. Great, Sirius just came and got you. Anyways, firstly I want to profess my love to you. I love you son and nothing you ever say or do will ever change that. Secondly I want you to acknowledge the feelings in your heart. You will find true love some day, I'm positive, but please don't make the same mistake I did. When I was at Hogwarts your dad was after me from day one, I thought he was very handsome, but so did all the girls. He spent his years at Hogwarts as one of "The Marauders", I thought he was one the most obnoxious, self-centered guys you could meet. But he carried on in his pursuit of me. I fell in love with him but I didn't want to fall for him, he was too childish. By the time we did get together it was too late, we were both targeted by Voldemort, for our 'defiance' and now there's this prophecy which makes our lives even more impossible. The only thing that keeps me going is you and James, my boys. I beg you son please don't try to push away any of true friends. If the are really your friend they will want to be there through thick and thin. And if you fall in love with anyone tell them and don't ever push them away. Now as for the chest which you undoubtedly will get this letter from. You can change all the passwords and features in there. There is the manual in the chest of draws in the master bedroom. Everything else can be done with normal everyday charms. And you don't have to enter for what you want, just a simple summoning charm will suffice.

Love

Lily Potter
Mom


Tears began to stream down Harry's' cheeks, his parents were such good natured and loving people, they didn't deserve what happened to them, no one did. Harry promised himself that he would make Voldemort pay for the countless lives he had taken and torn apart. Harry would dedicate his life to the fall of Voldemort. Nothing and no one would get in his way. And so the set of to do his training.

He decided to go for a run, his room of requirement was more than large enough for this but he decided to go for a run outside, it would seem suspicious if he wasn't seen at all. Harry exited the chest and went to look for an outfit to run it. He decided on a pair of sweat shorts and an armhole T-shirt. He ran down stairs and out the front door. When Harry got out side he wondered who's' shift it was, he remember the charms he had put on his contacts. He hadn't asked how to use the x-ray feature.

Harry stopped running and started trying to use the feature. He put his face in all sorts of positions to try and see through the fence which he stopped at. After a couple of frustrating tries he just squinted his eyes from the sun and before him he saw a young couple who were having a picnic the backyard, only they weren't exactly eating food. Harry blushed, that had brought back memories of the times he had with Ginny in the broom closets after curfew Hogwarts. He looked around and sure enough there was Moody under his invisibility cloak. Harry smiled nodded his head at him and was off once, after witnessing an uncommon expression left on Moody's face.

Harry jogged for four blocks and was getting tired. He guessed that he'd get better the more he practiced. He headed back home and when he looked up the stair it was to see Dudley peeping through his bedroom keyhole. Harry smile and said, "Hocus Pocus"

"Ahhhh!" screamed Dudley. Harry broke down in laughter. "Dad'll chuck you out of the house for using magic"

Harry sobered to a chuckle also surprised of Dudley's use of the 'M' word. "Don't worry Duds, I'll be gone on my birthday. For good."

He didn't even wait for Dudley's expression, he just walked pass Dudley, into his room and locked the door. Harry didn't want Dudley to be able to see into his room to tell when he wasn't there so he got some gum and stuck it to the keyhole. Harry decided that it was time that the moved in to his chest so he gathered all his stuff, and put into his chest. They all just vanished. He left his old trunk empty and where it was, just incase the Dursleys came in and got suspicious. Then Harry stepped his chest and said the words, 'SafeHaven'

Harry was now in his chest, and all of his things were next to him in a neat pile. He smiled and levitated them to his room. He then packed them in his draws and went to bathe. After his bath he went to have some breakfast. He wasn't accustomed to having what he wanted but since he was training he wanted to have something healthy. So he decide on milk and eggs. He'd be needing his protein.

He went and got dressed in one of the outfits. It was close fitting, probably for easy maneuverability. He then put on his utility belt, strapped on his dagger and wand case. Soon he was ready, with throwing knives and whip at his side.

He entered the room of requirement concentrating on a duelling and someone to practice against. He entered the room and saw a modest room, the walls adorned with weapons.

Harry looked around the room anticipating an attack. After a while he began to concentrate on an enemy. Then he felt the stiff air shift behind him. He quickly turn around, wand in hand and saw a familiar face, dressed exactly as he was, same messy hair, same striking green eyes and the same face. The only difference was the scar. He was facing his scarless double.

"Relashio!", his double shouted. Harry jumped out of the way of the spell and threw his own spell.

"Tarantallegra!" Harry fired back. At once it dodged the spell with just as much agility that he had just shown. Another spell was fired at Harry and caught him right in the chest. Harry fell and started laughing uncontrollably and his double just stood there with a smug look on his face and faded away.

Harry put the anti-jinx on himself. 'This is cool' he thought. Harry concentrated once more and his double appeared ready for action. "Diffindo," it shouted.

"Protego!" he shouted deflecting his double's spell. The spell sliced his double's left arm. "Getting a little dangerous are we?" he asked. "Reducto!," he cried. His double leapt out of the way of the spell and sent three spells at him in quick succession, Harry dodged the first and was hit by the other two. And before he could get from the ground his wand went flying across the room.

"Ahhh" screamed Harry, defeated by a couple of stinging hexes. Harry spent the next few hours trying to defeat his double with no success. Later that evening he returned to his room dripping in sweat and in pain from the many stinging hexes which had caught him.

He went, took a bath and return to his room. Upon his bed was the occlumency book. Signing he decided to get on with his occlumency training, he didn't want another incident like Sirius'.

Taking up the book he began to read and to his surprise in theory occlumency seemed much easier than when Snape had been teaching him. All Snape was saying was 'clear your mind, clear your mind' he hadn't given Harry the proper guidelines. Harry wonder briefly if Snape had done this purposefully to ensure Voldemort's plan would work.

The first step was to create a shape your mind's defenses, the example given was a cube.
Harry sat and pondered what would be the best shape for defense. The image of a ball of yarn popped into his head, artistically interwoven.

And so he started to form the sphere within his mind's eye. After what seemed an eternity he was able to create the spherical image. It was hard to maintain the image unconsciously but with practice it would become second nature.

The next step would be to organize his memories into sections for easy recollection. Harry sat on the bed in a meditative state. He created many sections in his mind. First he did the sorted out his happy memories. There wasn't much of the he thought so he started on those first. He was amazed with the clarity of which he saw his memories, almost as if he was there again. He saw the first time saw Diagon Alley, the first time he rode a broom. His favorite moments with Ron and Hermione, and Ginny. When he thought he had all his good thoughts sorted he started on the one's before Hogwarts, his memories with the Dursleys.

He didn't like these memories but he'd have to do it sooner or later and he decided it'd better be sooner. As the memories passed across his mind's eye he felt as though he was in the presence of a dementor. He got to the memory when Dumbledore placed him on the doorstep of the Dursleys.

Beyond that was the memory of Voldemort's arrival at his home n Godric's Hollow. He saw his mother's final breath as the green light came into contact with her. He saw the green light swirl around him and rebound on Voldemort, the piercing scream as he was ripped from his body.

Beyond those memories were good ones, he was outside on a broom with his dad, flying around. He was making his first steps towards his dad who was holding a golden snitch. He was flying over London with Sirius in the side compartment of his motorcycle. The pride and elation on the faces of his parents when he first open his eyes. He then created a space for memories of his parents. After all this he became exhausted lay back and fell into the most peaceful, dreamless sleep he had in weeks.

Two weeks later Harry had improved on pretty much everything. It was just after six and he was outside jogging, his pace had increased and there was a bit more definition in his physique. As jogged on passing an undeveloped part of his neighborhood he thought he heard his name.

"Harry Potter," the hissing voice said. Harry stopped and looked around, his wand drawn. "Over here, up in the tree." Steeling Harry himself shifted his direction towards the trees and looked into the high branches wand trained. To his surprise there was a very large snake within the branches of the tree. This snake looked familiar, but he couldn't place how or when he would have ever come into contact with this particular snake.

"How've you been?" asked the snake. This made him a bit wary, how could the snake know him. Then he asked the question.

"Do I know you?" he walked towards the tree and started to climb, he didn't know why he just did it.

"You freed me about seventy-two moons ago" the snake replied. Harry did quick calculation in his head and realized that that was just before he started at Hogwarts.

"Oh, how could I forget." he now remembered the incident at the zoo in the reptile house. "But how do you know my name?"

"I am a snake, I known many things. The stars tell all."

"Err... ok. So how've you been, enjoyed your freedom?"

"I've missed my old life. I have learned much but now I must hunt, bear the cold and many other hardships. I am, lonely."

"Ok , it was nice talking to you, I'll see you around"

"Wait Harry Potter, would you like to be my human?"

"You're a bit on the large side and I'll have trouble getting you inside." Then harry got an idea. "Would you mind I I shrunk you, made you smaller?"

"No, I wouldn't"

"Ok, I'll try to put a shrinking charm on you" Harry tried time and time again until he succeeded. He had improved on his wandless magic but still wasn't up to par. The snake was now small enough for Harry to hide in his shirt.

"There , I have to go back home, how do you feel?" Harry asked.

"I'm feel a bit awkward but I'll get used to it."

"Ok, here I go."

Harry continued his jog going back to number 4. No one had gotten up yet, Aunt Petunia hadn't opened her front windows as yet.


As stealthy as possible Harry entered the house and crept up the stairs, snake around his left arm. He entered his room, placed a locking charm on the door, entered the chest and placed the snake on the rug in the living room.

"I'm going to return you to your normal size now, ok."

"No Harry Potter, I feel much more comfortable this way and I can travel with you around your arm if it's ok with you."

"That'd be great" Harry replied. Truth was that he was getting very lonely with no one to talk to. Only fun he had now was messing with order members during his morning run. "I didn't get your name"

"I never had one, can't you give me one?"

"Sure, I'll call you Amity, it means friendship. You'll be my friend."

"Yes I will Harry Potter"

A/N: Whew, the end of my second chapter. I really need to find a way to spice up things, my fic is going too slow. Now I think my chapters will be getting steadily shorter to about two thousand words per chapter. I made a mistake making the first so long (just above four thousand words). Well peace out, next chapter should be out in a week, I hope.
Sign up to rate and review this story