Categories > Movies > X-Men: The Movie > Original of the Species

Uncovering Information

by Darkpurplepen 0 reviews

Category: X-Men: The Movie - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2011-02-11 - Updated: 2011-02-12 - 1064 words

0Unrated
EXT. SITUATION ROOM

The President walks in as Henry is looking towards a screen.

PRESIDENT:
Hank, good news. We've got her.

Hank smiled back.

HENRY:
That's great, Mr. President.

PRESIDENT:
Not bad for you're first day of work.

The President shook Hank's hand.

PRESIDENT:
If you don't mind me asking, how did you know that Mystique was impersonating Senator Kelly?

HENRY:
Well…let's just say I have my sources.

PRESIDENT:
I see.

HENRY:
Did we find out why Mystique was there in the first place?

PRESIDENT:
Unfortunately, no. She was interrogated but it didn't go so well. Not only did they not get any information, but she managed to kill a federal agent.

HENRY:
I have to say I'm not surprised. I don't think you're going to get any information out of her unless you decide to go to the extreme.

PRESIDENT:
Well, the United States does not torture its civilians, mutant terrorist or not.And although she didn't say, we have a pretty good idea what she was there for.

HENRY:
And that is?

The President handed Hank a file.

PRESIDENT:
We've received intelligence that a company, Worthington Industries is developing some kind on vaccine.

Henry scanned the folder.

HENRY:
What kind of vaccine?

The President remained silent as Hank read what was in it. After a few moments, Hank's eyes widened as got to the part about Dr. Kavita Rao, and her "Project Hope."

HENRY:
My god. Is this viable?

PRESIDENT:
We believe it is, yes.

HENRY:
But it's not possible...it's just not possible.

PRESIDENT:
Hank, whether this true or not, I want your full attention on it. We've already begun hiring some staff for you and an office building is began built downtown.

HENRY:
Mr. President…was this the reason you decided to give me a job in your cabinet? Because, you know the level of impact this will have on the mutant community if this is true.

PRESIDENT:
In part, yes.

HENRY:
Well, I need to go up to New York. Just for a few days, anyway.

PRESIDENT:
Why New York?

HENRY:
Let's just say, my sources are going to want to know about this.

INT. MANSION SUBCOMPLEX

Storm had just finished putting her uniform on and walked into the hall when a voice got her attention.

Preparing for another Danger Room session?

Storm turned her head and saw Logan standing against the wall, a smirk on his face.

STORM:
Logan? You're still here.

LOGAN:
Yeah, I've decided to stick around. For a little while, anyway.

STORM:
What for?

"I don't know, I thought I might help get the others ready. I've never been good at history or math, but I've been fighting all my life.

Storm then sighed a little as she looked down at the floor.

LOGAN:
What's that look?

STORM:
Logan, don't get me wrong, I'm happy you're staying, but you're not exactly a team player. You don't follow orders, you don't use team work-

LOGAN:
So what? You can't always depend on the team for help.

The reason this team has worked is because we all know that out there, we can rely on each other. If you're going to be with us, then be with us.

That was the last thing said between them as Iceman, Rogue, Nightcrawler, and Colossus came down the hall, all with uniforms on. Logan was the only one without one on.

STORM:
If we're all ready, let's head in.

INT. DANGER ROOM

The six of them walked into the large, round, metallic room and the door closed behind them. As the all got ready, Rogue walked over to Logan.

ROGUE:
Logan, I was just thinking…is there any reason for me to be here? Training with all of you?

LOGAN:
What do you mean?

ROGUE:
Well, if we were to ever go on a mission…what good can I do? With the kind of powers that I have?

LOGAN:
Rogue…you can do a lot more than you think.

Before Rogue could say anything more, the lights turned off for a second, as they all looked around. The room began to change its size, its shape, its color, and soon they found themselves in the middle of an empty street, though they had not left the room. A gigantic robot appeared behind a building, lifting its massive hand towards them.

ROBOT:
Mutants, surrender or be exterminated.

LOGAN:
Great…robots, again.

Iceman lifted up his arms towards the robot and released a wave of frost that collided with the robot's hand. However, that did little as an explosion went off after a missile was fired.

Two more missiles were fired at the team. Iceman went to grab Rogue's hand, but to his surprise, she began running with Logan instead. A large fireball went off and Logan grabbed Rogue around the waist and turned himself around as the fire came near them, protecting her from the heat.

In his distraction, a second robot appeared and fired more missiles. Nightcrawler teleported Storm out of the way while Colossus metaled up, and the rubble from the debris shattered upon impact, leaving him unharmed.

More lasers went off and Storm used her powers to spin like a tornado, out of the way before she was struck.

They all then meet up on a hill.

STORM:
Nightcrawler, Iceman, take the left with Logan. Rogue, Colossus, you're with me.

To her surprise, Logan did what he was told without any argument. Iceman froze the robot's feet, stopping it in it's place as Nightcrawler teleported Logan up to it's head. Logan finished off the robot by slicing his claws through its 'brain.'

The other group approached the second robot. Storm held out a hand for Rogue to touch. Rogue looked at her in confusion.

STORM:
Absorb some of my power, Rogue.

Reluctantly, Rogue tore off one her gloves and touched Storm's hand for a brief moment. Suddenly, she began to levitate high off the air.

She looked over and saw that Storm was flying right next to her. Feeling the power, Rogue held out her hands and fired a lightning bolt at the robot. Storm did the same and together, they electrocuted it. Colossus stopped it from falling and threw it out of harm's way as the session came to an end.

STORM:
Good job, everyone. I think that might have been our best time yet.
Sign up to rate and review this story