Categories > Original > Romance > Awry

I'm Invisible

by Ne_me_touche_pas 1 review

:D

Category: Romance - Rating: R - Genres:  - Published: 2011-02-19 - Updated: 2011-02-19 - 498 words

0MarySue
I've found an excellent solution to ignoring Aiden. I'll just be invisible. I'm going to hide until my room until it's absolutely necessary to get out. And it isn't so bad. I mean, I've got my weed in here, my iPod, and some books. But of course, I'll have no one to talk to. This is a lovely use of my time.. I thought. I looked over at the clock. About 11 p.m., at least it's night.

I was remudging through my things, I'm actually rather messy, when I found a book I remember reading in the 8th grade. Jane Eyre. It wasn't mandatory, and I'd felt awfully feminine reading it, but I can't say it wasn't one of my favorite books. I had just loved Jane's personality, or the way Mr. Rochester had a bit of a masochistic obsession.

I opened it up to a random page and read.
Gentle reader, may you never feel what I then felt! May your eyes never shed such stormy, scalding, heart-wrung tears as poured from mine! May you never appeal to Heaven in prayers so hopeless and so agonized as in that hour that left my lips; for never may you, like me, dread ti be the instrument of evil to what you wholly love!
I sighed. I remember that I was near tears myself when I read this for the first time. I closed the book and threw it in some pile of books and clothes. I really should get around to cleaning this up.

There was a knock at my door. "River?" Aiden asked in a soft voice. I sighed. Damn. I hope he doesn't plan on staying long.

"Come in." I relunctantly said. He walked in, frowning at me.

"Why the hell are you staying in your room all day? Dad's starting to think your a stoner." He said in an annoyed voice. I chuckled. I actually was a stoner, but Dad tends to ignore me, so I don't think he would care if I was in my room all day. Which means it's actually Aiden who's concerned.

"Don't worry, I'm not doing anything, I just wanted to be alone today, okay? So can you leave now?" I have to admit, I was more than eager to get him out of my room. He had a slight blush on his cheek, but it soon went away.

"I'm not worried, Dad is" He said, glaring at me.

I shrugged. "So is there anything else you want or can you leave?"

He sighed. "Guess not. Dad just told me to see if you were oka-"

"Stop that," I interrupted him,"we both know you came up here to see for yourself so don't act like you didn't. Now can you just leave, I'm fine." I assured him.

He glared at me before slamming my door. I sighed. Well, at least now I don't have to deal with being aroused by his sudden caring attitude. So much for being invisible.
Sign up to rate and review this story