Categories > Celebrities > Simple Plan

Hey Dad, Look At Me!

by XFrankIeroismyheroX 3 reviews

David shows his horrible neglecting father that he isn't prefect and he dosn't care. ((Edited))

Category: Simple Plan - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama,Humor - Characters: David Desrosiers - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-02-21 - Updated: 2013-04-27 - 1186 words - Complete

1Insightful

~ David's Pov ~

I was having the best dream ever, until the tour bus stopped suddenly and I hit my head on the top of my cramped bunk.

"Shit!" I shouted rubbing my head.

"What?" A very tired sounding Chuck asks from beside me on the other side of the bus.

"Hit my head." I groaned sitting up. Well as much as I could. I heard Jeff laugh from the 'kitchen'.

I climbed out of my bunk and sat down next to Pierre, who was on twitter. What a surprise!

I think sarcastically. Jeff walked over with 5 mugs of coffee. Seb walked over picking his Simpson's mug and drinking it before almost doing a spit take and running to the 'kitchen' for water.

"Careful, it's hot." Jeff says trying to hold in his laughter.

//

We have just finished the concert and I went to my bunk to get some clean clothes before having a shower and washing my sweaty body. When I was done I went to my bunk to update my twitter status. When I was done my phone rang. I picked it up and answered it.

"Hello?"

"David." It was my dad...Oh SHIT!

"H-Hey." I say suddenly VERY nervous.

"Still think you’re going to make it as a band?"

"We-we are on tour dad." I answered shacking all over.

“I know. With the pathetic friends of yours. What’s the name again?”

“S-Simple Plan.”

“Ha! You really are pathetic! How could I have had such a pathetic son like you? You shouldn’t even be considered a Desrosiers!” I couldn’t say anything. I was shaking and trying not to cry. He does this every once in a while. Phones just to make me feel bad.

“T-the guys are not pathetic.” I tried to sound angry but it came out as a whimper.

“’Course not son. And pigs fly!” He mocked. I couldn’t help letting a couple tears fall. Why does he do this to me? I thought to myself.

Just then I heard the bus door open and the guys chatter filled the air.

“D-dad I h-have to go.” I say whipping my face with my soft sleeve…this is Pierre’s old jumper. I smile a bitter sweet smile at the memory of him giving it to me…my dad had phoned for the first time.

“David?” I heard Pierre shout.

“Just one more thing son. You. Are. Dead to me.” Then he hung up. How could that not hurt? I pulled my comforter over my head and cried silently.

Then I heard my bunk curtain being pulled open.

“David?” It was Jeff.

“G-go away.” I say trying to calm my eyes but they wouldn’t stop pushing the salty water down my face, turning my face red.

I felt the comforter being pulled away from me and heard gasps as they saw my face. Tear tracks dried and some new.

“What happened?” Pierre asked getting into my bunk wrapping his arms around me.

“My dad.” I whispered. They all understood. Pierre motioned for the others to leave.

Suddenly there was a grumbling noise and the bus was moving.

“David, don’t you listen to him. He’s a monster. He doesn’t deserve you being upset about him.” I knew he was right…

“B-but…”

“Shhhh.” He whispered in my ear rocking me back and forth.

I must have fallen asleep because I woke up with a huge headache.

“Here.” Chuck said handing me some water and a couple pills. I smiled gratefully and swallowed both.

“Go have a shower. You’ll feel better.”

“Good idea, Seb.” I say and get up.

“I always have good ideas!” Jeff snorted and then as I closed the cramped shower door I heard Seb tackle him. I love my friends.

When I was finished I went towards the ‘living room’ and heard arguing. Sounded like Pierre. It was. He was on the phone, but with who?

“No don’t! Don’t you think you have caused David enough trouble!?” Oh no.

Then Pierre noticed me standing there and dropped the phone.

“What’s going on?” I asked sitting on Jeff’s lap.

“Your dad’s coming to our show tonight.” Chuck answered. I went still in Jeff’s lap and he noticed since I was sitting on him.

//

I had managed to stay calm through the whole concert. Well as calm as you can at one of our concerts. As Pierre sang the last note of the song I went up to him. I whispered in his ear what song I wanted to play next and why. He nodded and before I went to tell the others and him to talk to the crowd I licked his face so it didn’t look strange…well…you know what I mean! The crowd cheered and I saw the angry disapproving look in my dad’s eyes.
I cleared my throat and sang.



Hey Dad look at me
Think back and talk to me
Did I grow up according
To plan?
Do you think I’m wasting
My time doing things I
Wanna do?
But it hurts when you
Disapprove all along


And now I try hard to make it
I just want to make you proud
I’m never gonna be good
Enough for you
I can’t pretend that
I’m alright
And you can’t change me


‘Cuz we lost it all
Nothing lasts forever
I’m sorry
I can’t be Perfect
Now it’s just too late
And we can’t go back
I’m sorry
I can’t be Perfect


I try not to think
About the pain I feel inside
Did you know you used to be
My hero?
All the days
You spent with me
Now seem so far away
And it feels like you don’t
Care anymore


And now I try hard to make it
I just want to make you proud
I’m never gonna be good
Enough for you
I can’t stand another fight
And nothing’ alright

‘Cuz we lost it all
Nothing lasts forever
I’m sorry
I can’t be Perfect
Now it’s just too late
And we can’t go back
I’m sorry
I can’t be Perfect

Nothing’s gonna change
The things that you said
Nothing’s gonna make this
Right again
Please don’t turn your back
I can’t believe it’s hard
Just to talk to you
But you don’t understand

‘Cuz we lost it all
Nothing lasts forever
I’m sorry
I can’t be Perfect
Now it’s just too late
And we can’t go back
I’m sorry
I can’t be Perfect

Cuz we lost it all
Nothing lasts forever
I’m sorry
I can’t be Perfect
Now it’s just too late
And we can’t go back
I’m sorry
I can’t be Perfect



When I finished he simply walked off. But I was happy. I had finally let my dad know I’m not perfect…and I really could care less.
Sign up to rate and review this story