Categories > Original > Romance

~Oceans~

by XlostXloveX 0 reviews

Harlows life was all that or she thought it was all that..up until her dad died. and thats when things fell apart. but finally, after five years, her mom has gotten remarried. will things change?

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2011-02-23 - Updated: 2011-02-23 - 1316 words - Complete

0Unrated
So the time has now finally come. After five years and god knows how many boyfriends later, the time has now finally come. She has finally gotten re-married which means she is now happy which also means us moving...again. Mom said that this is the last time that we will have to move and to stop worrying. How am I supposed to stop worrying? And yeah right, that's what mom said last time we moved and the time before that. This is the tenth time we have moved in five years. I mean ever since dad died, our family has been nothing but a wreck. Having to move all the time, just barely having enough money for anything, not being able to go out anywhere because I am stuck home babysitting while mom was out at work, working, yelling, fighting, feeling isolated and so much more. But even though so much crap has happened over the past five years since dad died, I still love my family and I still love my mom... AND although I hate moving and I hate having to do this crap, I guess I just have to suck it up and move on.

“Harlow, can you please get your feet off the dash board? And Travis, stop sticking your head out the window, you’re not a dog”
“its just a dash board”
“but mooom”
“I don't care if its just a dash board Harlow, and Travis, something dangerous can happen”
“but I always do it” Travis complained as I got my feet off the dashboard and then continued with writing my song.
“and I always tell you not to do it but yet you never listen to me”

Mom was always so up our asses about things that she does not want us doing and then if we continue doing it and don't listen, it just turns out to be a huge fight. Travi, being the eight year old that he is, doesn't quite get that yet and so he keeps on going until mom gets mad and then he stops. He is starting to understand now that it is just best to, most of the time, stop when told.
I just sat their in my seat, obviously, writing more words to my song as Mom and Travis continued arguing before Travis finally listened to mom and shut up. For the next ten minutes or so was complete silence...except for the music that was playing. Not hearing any talking and just listening to the music that was playing ‘Sweet Child Of Mine’ was actually quite nice.

“Harlow?”
“Sorry” I said as I, once again, took my feet off of the dashboard

I set my pencil down on my notebook and stared out the window as I thought of what to write next. And after about five minutes, still nothing had come to mind and so I just decided to put it away and finish it later. Looking over at mom, I smiled, she was smiling and she seemed so happy. She was so happy. I then looked behind me at my brothers Matteis, who was asleep, and Travi who was sitting quietly resting his head in his right hand and looking out the window. He then looked at me and smiled before putting his head back and closing his eyes. I smiled back, patting his knee, before turning back around in my seat and continued looking out the window with many thoughts running through my head all at once.
One of those many thoughts being, if Dad hadn’t died, where would we be in life today? Would life had been a lot better? Or would it have just been as crappy as it was these past five years? Would things have changed? Or basically would they have stayed the same? I mean, I know that things have changed over the past five years but what I am saying is that; would they have changed in either a better or worse way then they already did?
These kind of thoughts run through my head every now and then and sometimes I like them and sometimes I don't. Mom says that if Dad was still alive that things would have still been they way they were the past five years but...I'm not so sure if I believe her or not.

“Harlow, what.... ?” asked my mom, bringing me back from my thoughts not catching the last little bit of what she said
“sorry, what?”
“What time is it?”
“oh uh one sec” I said as I reached down into my bag for my iPod. Pulling it out, I turned it on and looked at the time
“its um three ten, why?”
“we should be their in about twenty or so minutes”
“alright” I replied, turning my attention back out the window.

I put my iPod back in my bag and then sat back again and relaxed. Looking out the window was really the only thing I could do right now. And although their wasn't really much to look at, the scene was beautiful. I could now see why mom was excited to be moving out here, other than the fact that we were moving in with her new husband and his kids, it was beautiful.
I actually am kind of excited to be moving here and a little bit nervous also. What if I don’t fit in? What if I don’t get along with anyone? What if they don't like me? What if things don't work out? I mean I'm pretty sure that is what goes through all kids minds when they move but it goes through my mind every time we move. Sometimes it all works out for most parts and sometimes it doesn't. And this is just one of those times that I am hoping that it all does work out.

“Well my dear Kiddies, after an hour of driving, we are finally here” Mom said as we pulled up in front of this nice house.
“Wait” Travi said, in aw, looking out his window, “This..is our new house?”
“well new to us yes”
“Woow”
“Its just a house” I said to them as I undid my seat belt and opened my door. Stepping out into the fresh air felt so nice and refreshing after three hours of driving.
“yeah exactly” Travi said as he got out of the van to, “its just a house. That we’re going to be living in”
“Travi, don't try to be all smart ass”
“Harlow!” I heard mom say from the other side of the van as she got Matteis out.
“I'm not. I’m just saying”
“yeah and I’m just saying, suck my dick” I said Jokingly to Travis as John, moms new husband and our new step dad, pulled in behind us with the moving truck.

“Well John, I do have to say, Nice house” I said to John as he got out of the truck
“Thank you. Glad you like it Harlow”
“So, whose home?” asked mom as she walked up to us
“Alex should be home...actually, Alex is home. I called him five minutes ago telling him to come out. One sec” John said to mom as he then pulled out his cell phone.

“No need to call me Dad, I’m out” came a voice from behind me and I turned around to see a boy with dirty blonde hair. About my age maybe a year or so older, “I was just helping Josh with something quickly”
“Josh is here?”
“No, he called asking me a question but anyways, Hey I’m Alex” he said to John and then turning to me and holding out his hand, “I don’t think we met”
“Im Harlow” I said, taking his hand and shaking it, “and no, I don't think we have”
Sign up to rate and review this story