Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Without a sound he took me down

What if...?

by VanJA212 5 reviews

Gee wakes up again. Frank and Mikey get to know each other.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama,Fantasy - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2011-02-26 - Updated: 2011-02-27 - 1159 words

1Moving
Authors note: Sry, it took so long for me to update! Please R&R it means much to me! I hope you enjoy! :D

Mikey’s P.O.V
“What do ya wanna eat?” I asked Frank and we entered the diner.

When we had left the hospital we had jumped into Frank’s car, talking about Gerard and his injuries. We had been driving around half an hour till we finally found this small diner.

“Actually, I’m a vegetarian, so I’ll just eat some fries.”

“Okay, but you don’t mind if I eat a burger, right?”

“Nah, eat what you want”, he replied giggling.

I ordered our food and we sat down at a dirty-looking table.

“Nice”, I said sarcastically. “Not the best place to grab some food.”

“At least we can eat something at all. I’m starving.”

“Yeah, me too”, I said and as to lay some emphasis on my words my stomach growled loudly.
We both giggled.

When our food came we gulped it down fast. In these 5 minutes of silence I had to think about Gerard. The doctors had said he would recover fast and maybe he could already come home this week. But what if they were wrong? What if he was in pain right now? What if… I forced myself to stop thinking about this stuff right now. Even if something was wrong I wouldn’t be able to change it. So I looked at Frank instead. He shoved one of the fries in his mouth and chewed on it slowly. His soft lips opened and closed itselves and suddenly I realised he was talking to me.

“Wha…what?”, I asked frantically.

“You started at me for like 5 minutes and you didn’t move. I was starting to worry”, Frank explained and laughed.

“What’s so funny?”

“You looked kinda stupid with your mouth half open, staring at me wide-eyed”, he said while laughing hard.

“Well, I… I wanted to… I didn’t stare…” I stuttered.

“It’s okay, Mikey”, he assured me, still giggling.

“Let’s talk about something else. What do you do when you’re not saving lives?”

“Hell, Mikey! I told you I didn’t…” he started.

“You saved Gee and no matter what you say we both know it’s true! You can’t deny it!” I interrupted him.

We had been discussing that in the car as well.

“Fine! Well, I work at a supermarket and my guitar Pansy is probably the most important thing in my life. How ‘bout you and Gerard?”

“Gee works as a comic artist. He’s really talented. We’re in a band called My Chemical Romance and we’re recording our first album at the moment. I play the bass, Gee sings, Matt, a friend, plays the drums and Ray, another friend, plays the guitar.”

Frank’s eyes light up. “Awesome. What do you sound like?” he asked.

“I donnu how to describe it…” I started thinking. “Why don’t you show up at our next recording for the album and listen to it yourself?”

“Really?” he asked excitedly. “Sure!”

He seemed really anxious and excited to see us play. I just hoped he’d like our music.

“So… what music you into?” he asked.

“The Misfits, Iron Maiden, Black Flag, Smashin Pumpkins,… stuff like that. You?” I replied.

“I love all of those bands! Amen is fucking awesome too!”

“Yeah, I like Amen but Gerard’s really into them.”

“Damn, you guys are totally amazing!” Frank stated.

“You’re amazing too!” I replied smiling.

My phone rang just then and it was the doctor. He said there was a problem with Gerard and we should return to the hospital as fast as possible. When I asked him what the problem was he said he didn’t want to talk about it on the phone. Shit, I was fucking scared. I hung up and looked at Frank.

“What’s wrong?” he asked, gazing at me worriedly.

“The doctor said we need to return to the hospital ‘cause there’s a problem.”

“Oh shit..:” he said slouching against the wall.

“I’m sure everything will be okay”, I told him but I didn’t really believe my own words.

Gerard’s P.O.V
I woke up and there was only one thought going through my mind: “I need some alcohol”. I looked around and noticed I was still in hospital. Shit. I threw the blanket away and got out of bed. My vision got blurry and black and I fell onto the bed again. Everytime I sucked air into my lungs, immense pain ran through my whole body. This was going to be harder then I had thought it would be. I took a deep breath and stood up again. I managed to stay still. When my knees stopped shaking I moved a food forward. I swayed and leaned against the cold, hard wall. I started walking slowly, whispering “You can do it, you can do it…” to myself.

“Need some help?” I heard an unfamiliar voice behind me. I startled and fell onto the ground heavily. My view went black and I couldn’t breathe properly. My hands shook lightly.

“Shit” was the only thing I could say.

“I’m so sorry. I didn’t want to frighten you”, the voice said and suddenly strong hands lifted me onto my feed again. I looked up.

Mikey’s P.O.V
“What do you mean by ‘Gerard’s missing’? This is a fucking hospital! You can’t just lose a patient!” I shouted angrily.

“Well, we had to operate him and then he was in the awakening room. I just left the room because I had another patient and when I came back he was gone”, the doctor explained, looking apologetically.

“You should have watched over him all the fucking time! If he gets hurt ‘cause you were too stupid to wait till he wakes up then I’ll…”, I shouted.

“Mikey! Stop it! It’s not his fault! I’m sure Gerard is fine and he will show up soon!” Frank interrupted me.

“No, it is his fucking fault! He should have watched over him!”

“Did you watch over him?” he asked harshly.

Ouch. That hurt. It was like a slap in the face. But he was right. I hadn’t watched over Gee. I had been out having fun while he had probably been lonely and in pain wondering where his little brother was? He had always watched over me when we were younger and he had always been there for me. And he had always eased my pain. I was a fucking egoist!

Frank probably saw the pain in my eyes and said “Mikey, I didn’t want to…”

“No, it’s okay. I’ll just…” I said and headed for the restroom.

I slammed the door behind me, locked it and started crying.
Sign up to rate and review this story