Categories > Original > Fantasy

The Brothers Battle

by DrummerBoy4Life 0 reviews

Two Great Armies. Two Brothers of the Royal Line. What will happen when these two Brothers Battle it out for the rule of their land... ONESHOT, possibliety of next chapter if any reviews. Elves

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-03-07 - Updated: 2011-03-07 - 1318 words

0Unrated


The Brothers Battle



A long time ago, there was a battle. A battle that was so fierce and so full of fury that it was almost indescribable. Although that is what this tale of old is about.

It started when all was silent; all was peaceful on this small field until one sound was heard. One terrifying sound that shook the bones of any man. The thudding bass of a drum; beating to the sound of war. Accompanying the pounding drum was the thudding grace of thousands of feet, all marching to the battle that they hoped would consume their bloodlust, for the need for war was so great a feeling in these monsters that they would follow anyone with promises of violence. Although over the pounding drum and the thudding feet, was the fanatical chant that the thousands of warriors were bellowing:

We follow the beat

The beat of our drums

The Beat

The beat of our feet

The Beat

The beat of our heart

The Beat

And so this chant repeated, striking fear into the hearts of all who heard it as the army moved to battle.



When the contesting army saw their opponents on the field, none was feared by the chant. None was scared. For they knew they were superior in skill but were still as vicious and blood thirsty as the monsters opposite them, though they were wise in not showing their brutality as it proved an advantage in battle when they came to smite them.

As the two armies glowered at each other, two riders on horseback trotted into the no-man's-land between the two armies. One rider, that rode from the raging, bloodlust filled monsters that was his army, was clad in an amassing of black: With his black cloak, his black gauntlets, his black boots and his pitch-black tunic. All this black together though, could not match the fierce ebony colour of his eyes; like burning flames, they were. The rest of his features matched his eyes as he had long flowing dark hair that just passed his neck that came to end in small curls like black fire curling up and licking at the rider's shoulders. His shoulders were broad and powerful like hellfire and his arms were long and matched perfectly with his lengthy legs that ended with near-graceful feet; what had gotten him through many a battle.

The Second rider, from the opposing army, which had been sitting dormant until the monsters had come, was clad in the near opposite of the other rider. Instead of black, he wore white and when white could not be used, like his gauntlets; they used silver laced with gold and his helm, which was a beautiful blend of the two precious metals. His tunic was a blinding white with an emblem that declares that he is of royal blood, embossed with golden finery. His features were more rounded than the other riders were and his eyes are not an ebony colour, but a striking gold that could bring merriment to your very soul with a look. His hair was a platinum blonde that could catch the light in any place and shine with an un-natural magnificence and his frame was tall and graceful but powerful; it was a more ethereal beauty he had, it was most inhuman.

The one feature that united the two riders was their pointed ears, sticking out from beneath their hair.



As the two riders met in the middle of the no-man's-land, they initiated a dialogue; but it was far from polite chat.

"Brother" quoth the dark haired rider.

"Brother" The fair-haired rider responded. "Brother what be the point of thine war. What ill have I done unto you, why canst thou see the distress thou hast caused? Canst thy not help thou, dear brother."pleaded the fair-haired rider, wishing that his brother would listen to reason.

"Brother... Cathil, I will not listen to thine pleas for forgiveness, nor will I listen to thine pleas for mercy which thou whilst beg for. This has become war, Cathil." The dark haired rider turned around about to return to his army.

"Brommir!" Cathil shouted. "Do thou think thou canst win? You are a Fool! Mine army whilst prosper you ignorant dog." After this insult, Brommir turned his horse back around to face his brother.

"Doust thou doubt the skills of mine army. My /Galarindals/couldst easily tear apart thine /Kaladrils/, Cathil."

"Thine Dark Elves cannot compare to the purity of mine /Kaladrils/, at least mine troops did not get ensnared by fanatical tales of victory and are not polluted by the poison of blood-lust. Ibid thee farewell and goodbye for this shalt be the last time I see you, Brommir." Cathil finished off his narrative to what he thinks of Brommir's Galarindals, turned his horse and returned to his troops; his /Kaladrils/.

Brommir also returned to his troops but his issued acommand. A command that all of his troops must follow:

"Cathils mine!"He bellowed, loud enough for everyone to hear, even everyone on the other side of the battle. "Now..." he turned to face the opposing army; his brothers army. "CHARGE!"With this command Brommir's army charged straight into the no-man's-land; their eyes set on maiming and destruction.



"HOLD...!" Cathil bellowed out to his troops. "HOLD. HOLD..." The Galarindals were closing in, their weapons swinging wildly."SPEARMEN, NOW..." A line of elves threw their spears at the sprinting Galarindals, taking out a few hundred. "ARCHERS READY...! FIRE!" Thousands of arrows blacked out the sky as they rained down upon the Galarindals/, killing hundreds and hundreds of them and mortally injuring even more although there were still hundreds of these /Dark Elves were still running towards the steadfast /Kaladrils/. "NOW, CHARGE!" Cathil charged along with his own troops into the stampeding /Dark elves /as he slashed and tore his way through them to his brother.



"BROMMIR"Cathil shouted as he ran towards his brother brandishing his sword as he swung it madly. "There was no reason for this and now look how many have been slaughtered!"

"Dear Brother..." Brommir started as he walked towards his brother, sensing a duel was imminent. "What hast happened to thine's tongue?Shouldst thou not speaketh properly when addressing thine /Elder/?"Brommir had to dodge a blow that would have cleaved him in two.

"I do not care Brommir. Let us duel to finish this pitiful war." Cathil swung at his brother with surprising grace. Brommir blocked the blow, but not 1 second after the first blow, a second blow came for his side. Brommir may have been fast but Cathil's slash, cut right into Brommir's side. Cathil continued to throw swing after swing of his sword at Brommir until Brommir collapsed; Cathil had sliced through his hamstring and calf.

When Brommir looked up, he saw his brother standing over him, with his sword on Brommir's neck. "No pleas for mercy" Cathil muttered.

He killed Brommir. His Brother.



Cathil looked at the battle that was still raging on; he shook his head in disgust. He summoned his voice and bellowed, "STOP!"Most of the warriors looked up at him. "You Galarindals/, do you wish to join me. If not then you shall be killed and left for dead on this battlefield." After this statement, all the /Galarindals bowed down to their new master and leader. Cathil studied them for a moment before giving out his new orders. "We march North to take Brookside and then we take Riverdale... And after that we amass an army so powerful that no one can stop us!" Great cheers of intense loyalty met this speech.



After this war, Cathil did conquer all those places and amassed the most powerful army history has ever seen. He then became known as Cathil The Mighty and to this day, no one has ever tried to overthrow any of Cathil's heirs.



THE END?



Sign up to rate and review this story