Categories > Original > Romance > A Friendly Love

Chapter 17

by doyleangel 0 reviews

The night of the show

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Humor,Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2011-03-07 - Updated: 2011-03-08 - 614 words

0Unrated


CHAPTER 17



Taylor was down in the lobby, wearing a hole in the carpet from pacing for so long. Where was she? He looked back down at his watch. It was 6:12 pm. He'd been waiting for her for 15 minutes. He was lucky he hadn't been recognized yet by someone. Hadn't he told her to be in the lobby at 6? Just as he was about to call her on the house phone, he heard the elevator ding behind him. He turned around to face it, and watched as the doors opened. His breath caught in his throat and his whole body was frozen as he watched Ashley emerge. He couldn't believe his eyes. He closed them to make sure he wasn't dreaming. When he opened them again, she was still sanding there in all her beauty.

The dress she wore was a deep, rich red, with the bottom half sparkling with a glitter of some sort. The top half was a satin type fabric, and there was a double row of red sequins at her waist, separating the top and bottom half. Her shoulders were bare except for the spaghetti straps and red shawl. The dress went all the way down to her ankles, and she was wearing a pair of high-heeled red shoes, the same color as her dress.

Taylor's gaze swept up to take in her face. Oh, she was beautiful. Her hair had been curled and then piled on top of her head, and at each of her temples, a tendril of curled hair hung loose. And her face, wow. It was flawless. Not that it wasn't before, but the make-up and colors accentuated her features. She was the most beautiful woman he'd ever seen.

Ashley spotted him and started walking over to him. She had a hesitant smile on her face. "Hi," she said when she reached him.

Taylor had to clear his throat before he could speak. "Ash, I don't. You're. Wow."

She laughed. "Wow? I don't think so."

"Oh believe me. You look gorgeous."

Ashley blushed a little, but her eyes were sparkling, and her smile was genuine. "Thank you. You're looking pretty good yourself."

Taylor looked down at his outfit. He had decided to wear a black suit with a blue satin button down shirt. After seeing Ashley, he was glad he'd decided to dress nicer than he'd wanted to.

He looked up at Ashley. "Well, we'd better get going," he said and offered her his elbow. "Ike, Heather, Zac and Melissa are already in the car, waiting for us Miss-12-Minutes late."

Ashley gave him a mock defensive look as she took his offered arm. As soon as her hand came in contact with his body, ashiver ran throughout Taylor's body. He mentally shook his head to clear his thoughts.

"It isn't easy to put all this together you know," Ashley shot back, gesturing at herself with her free hand. "It's not like I can throw on a pair of pants and a shirt and be done."

Taylor lifted a hand to his hair. "Hey, this perfection isn't easy to achieve."

Ashley just rolled her eyes at him as they reached the car. Taylor opened the door for her and climbed in after her. Since there were six people in the limo, space was limited, and during the ride, Taylor's leg kept rubbing against Ashley's, and he looked forward to every bump.







It's back!!! That's right, I've updated this story. I don't know if anyone is still interested in this one or not, but it's a finished story!!! I'll update every other day or so. If you like it, or even if you don't, please leave a review!!
Sign up to rate and review this story