Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Cherry Blossom

Epilogue

by Moribund 3 reviews

...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2011-03-11 - Updated: 2011-03-11 - 648 words - Complete

1Moving
It had been a week since Frank had died. Mikey was slowly coming to terms with his best friends’ death, the funeral had come and gone, but Mikey found it hard to truly attach the significance of a person to their body, it was after all, just a vessel. Frank’s mother was a wreck, but found solace in the Way brothers’ own mother, who understood exactly what she was going through, as her own eldest son had died in almost identical circumstances; hit by a speeding car on the same spot of the same road, simply trying to cross over to join Mikey on the other side of the road.

Gerard wasn’t coping nearly as well, he often burst into uncontrollable fits of crying, and clung to his brother’s side throughout the day, unwilling to risk leaving him for any amount of time. He was at a loss, with no one to turn to in order to explain why Frank had not become a ghost, Endesha had not made an appearance since that fateful day, and Julietta had been cast into purgatory for her crimes.

Slipping his folder onto the shelf, Mikey closed the locker door and turned to offer a weak smile to his big brother. Wordlessly, they headed out of the school building and towards the gate; the hardest part of Mikey’s journey to and from school. He held his breath as he walked out of the gates, but upon hearing Gerard’s loud gasp, Mikey turned his head and found himself choking on his own saliva at what he saw.

There, beneath the Cherry blossom tree, stood a small, lonely looking figure, looking towards the base of the tree. The blushed pink flowers were now falling from the branches, the wind swirling the petals around the boy, creating an aura of serenity. As the young man turned his head to gaze at them with dazzling hazel eyes, Gerard let out a joyous cry.

“Frankie!”

Before Mikey had realised what was happening, he and Gerard had broken into a run and were standing underneath the Cherry blossom tree, embracing their ethereal companion with such force that the only thing he could utter was “Eep!” Gerard immediately burst into tears, frantically kissing his boyfriends face, while Mikey simply clung tightly to his best friend, promising he’d never let go ever again.

“I thought I’d lost you forever!” cried Gerard, pausing from adorning Frank’s face with kisses.

“You coulda asked us before you went and sacrificed yourself!” sobbed Mikey “Have you ever been to a funeral? They’re not happy affairs, and I’ve been to the two worst; my brother and my best friend!”

“I-I’m sorry.” Rasped Frank. “I could see how much you missed each other, and I just wanted you to be happy.” He hung his head in shame, shuffling his scuffed shoes.

Gerard sighed softly, and let a small smile grace his lips for the first time in a long time.

“And we are happy, now that you’re back with us, nothing is ever gonna be able to stop me smiling.” He placed a small, tender kiss on Frank’s lips.

Mikey rolled his eyes, and shuffled away from the two lovers.

“Please tell me you two aren’t going to be like that for the rest of my life.” He groaned.

“Nah,” giggled Frank. “We’re gonna do this all the way through your afterlife too”

Gerard smiled down at his precious mediator.

“We really are gonna be together forever baby.”

Frank grinned in return. Nuzzling his nose into Frank’s hair, Gerard’s smile stretched even wider.

“I never thought that death would be so awesome, but that was before I met you.”
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N 'Tis the end! thankyou to everyone for reading ^-^ I'll be back eventually with more yummy frerad ;)
Sign up to rate and review this story