Categories > Cartoons > Teen Titans

Brat

by Ncisfan1212 1 review

Set during apprentice part 2. When Robin is being tortured by Slade, it's Batman to the rescue! One shot.

Category: Teen Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2011-03-15 - Updated: 2011-03-16 - 523 words

0Unrated
An ear-splitting crash echoed through the compound as Robin was slammed into the concrete wall. He wiped the blood from the back of his head, hand casually running over his right sneaker. He smiled. In the heel of his shoe was a motion-activated sensor that would signal his father to his location. He staggered to his feet. Slade smiled a demented grin. Robin was suddenly thrust into his past as the lights were flipped on. He was in the middle of the ring. Barrels were staged along the side. High above him was a trapeze. Slade was at the top of the platform.

"look familiar... Richard[//]?" Robin halted at the sound of his real name. Robin leaped onto the platform, enraged.

"Look at it Robin. Drink it in. Your resentment is delicious." Robin could barely hear Slade over the cries of his past. He looked down, and saw his mother, falling.

"Dick!" she shouts. He reaches down to her, but he can't reach her. No, no, no! He drops to his knees. He feels the tears pouring down his face as Slade put a hand on his shoulder. Robin was disgusted. However, he knew it wouldn't be long until Batman arrived. He suddenly flung himself onto the trapeze. He did a backflip in the air before reaching the second trapeze. The second had another platform. He slid down one side and then hit the ground, grateful to be on land. Suddenly, Slade came out of the darkness and got Robin in the chin. He was sent flying into the concrete. Then, the titans barraged the door. At this point, Robin was done. Just as the Titans were ready to attack, Robin let out a piercing shriek:

"DADDY!" Batman suddenly materialized from the darkness, and sent Slade flying backwards. The look on the caped crusader's face was one of anger, intent, and determination. Slade stood, a look of pure shock on his masked face. Batman leaped into the air, and the battle began. The Titans could only stare in awe as they watched the dark knight pummel Slade into a crumpled, unconscious heap on the ground. The bat loomed over the man, looking at him in disgust. He then rushed over to his young ward, who sat on the ground with an expression that could definitely be categorized as blank, despite the mask he wore. Bruce Wayne, not Batman, put a hand on the boy wonder's shoulder.

"Dick," he said a whisper too low for another soul to hear. "are you alright?"

That did it.

Robin broke down in his father's arms. Bruce held him tightly to his chest as his adopted son cried into it. When he had calmed slightly, he pointed a shaky hand up. That's when Bruce saw the trapeze and made the connection. He held the boy tighter. Then, the crying stopped. Bruce lifted Robin's chin up.

"Are you alright?" the boy Wonder sniffled with a few tears still running down his cheeks, and nodded with a weak smile. Dad was here now, and Slade was gone. Now, he was safe. He smiled and hugged his father, ready for anything.
Sign up to rate and review this story