Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > It Isn't That Much Fun....

It Isn't That Much Fun....

by NeverYouMind 2 reviews

Stacie moves to New Jersey from England. The first person who she can call a friend seems to be Gerard.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Characters: Gerard Way - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-03-13 - Updated: 2011-04-20 - 2422 words

2Original
Sup? This is my first MCR fanfic :L hoping and praying you guys like it. If its unoriginal just let me know :L I'm hoping its not…..anyways please Review :D constructive criticism is always welcome :D oh and I think I’m meant to say I do not own Mcr…..but I really do…in my mind ;)

I walked up to the gates of Bellville High, pulling the hood down of my black hoodie. Being in a new school was familiar to me, but not in a different country. Being 16 and going to a new school would be pointless in England, after I’ve gotten a few GCSEs, but it was either get a job or go to school to get away from ‘home’. 3 weeks and I’ve finally gotten a place in a school.
I looked at the school. I seemed big, bigger than my shitty school back in England with ignorant teachers who wouldn’t give a damn if you came to school with a new injury almost everyday.
Lockers lined the walls and I was pushed and shoved by pupils.
I found my way to the reception without any help, which was an achievement.
“E-Excuse me?” I said to a lady with her back turned to me on the other side of the desk.
She spun around on her chair and looked at my appearance, raising an eyebrow.
I assumed she was expecting me to carry on talking. “I…err…I’m new?” I said, my voice lifting at the end making the statement seem more like a question.
The lady sighed, “What’s your name?” she said, rather rude and impatiently.
“S-Stacie Gillett,” I stuttered my own name. I really needed to stop doing that. It showed how shy I was, but you couldn’t underestimate me. I keep quiet for a reason.
She flicked through some papers and gave me a timetable. I saw that the first thing I needed to go to was homeroom. I wasn’t sure where my room was. I asked the receptionist and she gave another impatient sigh. “Straight down the corridor and turn right at the end. Follow that corridor, the rooms have their numbers on it.” She turned back around before I could thank her, she didn’t deserve it though, she was a right cow.
I followed her ‘directions’ and found my room. There were a few pupils sitting on desks and chairs, in small groups talking. I noticed a teacher sitting at a desk in the front of the class room.
He looked up at me and smiled. “Ah, you must be Stacie, yes?” he said, standing up.
I nodded.
“Well you can wait here for a minute, the bell should be going off any minute now. Then you can introduce yourself.” He said looking at the paper he held in his hand.
“Err…do I have to?” I know it sounded a bit rude, but I didn’t really want everyone to know me as ‘the new kid’ just yet.
He sighed. “You don’t have to, I’ll just tell the class who you are.” He said, still smiling.
“Thanks.” I looked around the classroom, not knowing where I could sit because I doubted anyone was in their proper seats. “err…wh-where can I sit?”
He looked around at the classroom wit his finger on his chin. “Well, the front rows are empty and the back rows are almost empty.” He pointed at the two back rows. “Gerard sits in the left corner and Steven sits on the left row, but he sits in almost all of them.” he breathed out a laugh. “You can sit in any free seat you want, there isn’t a seating plan.”
I nodded and thanked him again, walking to the back of the classroom. As I walked in the middle of each row, I got a few stares from some people who were drifting away from their group conversations. I checked my hair to make sure my fringe was on my left side, covering my almost healed black eye. Luckily it was still covered, so I was just getting stares from them because I was an unfamiliar face.
I sat 2 seats away from the left corner seat, where this apparent ‘Gerard’ would be sitting. I leaned back on my chair and folded my arms, waiting.
The school bell went off, and I presumed it would mean people would be coming into the classroom.
I watched as people walked through the doorway. Girls came in wearing short skirts and high heels, with bright colours and heavy make up. They had lots of volume to their curly hair, but it would be light and swishy for the girls with straight hair. I noticed the amount of jewelry they had on. Gold and silver with lots of different colour diamonds. I comparing myself to them, my appearance was so different. The only jewelry I wore was a silver chain which I kept under my top with my mothers cross and ring on it. No one kows about it, and I’d like to keep it that way. I wore dark blue-grey baggy skinny jeans, they were baggy because I wore them a bit low and I was really skinny, a blue superman top and a black hoodie. I had black converses on, the only type of shoes I would ever wear and checked black and red, and black and green sweatbands on my wrists. I was strangely pale, my black hair and eyeliner making me look ghostly. My hair was straight, long, with short layers, I had it teased a bit to add a bit of volume. By the looks of it, I wasn’t going to fit in much with the girls.
The boys who came in were either, well built, fat, or small and skinny. They looked very unappealing.
I sighed. Another school and another lonely life. I wanted to be with my friends back in England. I only had a few, but they were the best few. I had discovered they were my best friends when they decided not a drift away or ditch me because of my sudden depression. They stuck by me, even though they only knew half the story, but they wouldn’t feel offended when I said I couldn’t tell them stuff. I missed them. If it was my choice, I wouldn’t have left England, I would have stayed with my friends, but coming to America wasn’t my choice.
I looked up from my zoning out and noticed someone was sitting on the left of me, in the corner. That must have been the ‘Gerard’ dude. He cleared his throat and I took this as a cue to turn and look at him.
“hey.” He said, smiling.
I just looked at him, taking in his appearance. There was something about his features that were a bit feminine. He had long black hair and was fair skinned, but looked like he would tan easily. He had light pink thin lips and a small nose. Then I looked at his eyes, they were a greeny hazel colour and just stunning. He wore black baggy jeans and a Misfits t-shirt with a leather jacket.
“Hi,” I mumbled after much wait, turning away from him.
There was a silence between us. “You look familiar.” Gerard said breaking the silence and leaving me worried. My head jerked in his direction, worry obviously shown on my face. What did he mean by familiar? If he meant sitting down on a park bench in the middle of the night being pissed I’m screwed…
“Really?” I said, in a worried tone.
He nodded and looked at me with narrowed eyes. “Yeah… Oh! You go to my Church!” he said, grinning widely.
I sighed in relief. “Oh, yeah, right.” I went to church every Saturday evening on my own. My step-dad was nowhere near religious.
“I take it you’re new to New Jersey?” he turned his body a bit so he was facing me.
I nodded, “The whole of America to be honest.”
“Thought so, you don’t sound American. You sound kinda English.” Gerard said moving in the seat next to me.
I nodded again. “Yeah, I'm from London.” I looked at my fingers fiddling with the zip of my hoodie for no reason. “I don’t know anyone here. It kinda sucks…well I know a few people, but I wouldn’t consider them as someone who would help me out. ‘Cus my life is shit like that.” I bounced my head from side to side as I said the sentence, in a mocking tone.
Gerard chuckled. “I'm not gonna give you any false hope, ‘cus by the looks of it, you’re not gonna fit in with most of the girls here. Judging by you’re appearance you’re not a total slut.”
I shook my head slowly, staring at him. “No.” I was anything but a slut. If anyone touches me in the wrong place, they are sure to know about it.
Gerard smiled and leaned back on his seat. “Then you’ll-.” He sentence was cut short by the teacher.
“Right, class, answer to your names please.” The teacher said, sitting on his desk with a pen at the ready.
He called names out, everyone answering with “present” or “yes sir”. Then he came to my name, which was at the bottom of the register, the last name called out. “And Stacie.” He looked up at me…and so did everyone else, except they turned around in their seats.
I paused before I answered, my eyes darting at unfamiliar faces. “Yes sir” I said, still looking at everyone else.
Everyone’s facial expressions changed as I spoke, giving me the what-the-fuck look. Probably because I was a new student and because of my foreign accent.
“Oh yes, we’ve got a new student. She’s called Stacie, I hope you all make her feel welcome.” The teacher said again before standing up and excusing himself from the classroom.
Everyone went back to their business, after giving me unwelcoming faces, no smiles, just frowns and raised eyebrows.
I heard Gerard sigh. “What d’you have next?”
I turned to face him. I just shrugged, feeling a little bit disheartened by my other classmates.
Gerard continued to stare, as if expecting me to do something. Then I noticed I had to do something, I had to check my timetable. “Oh right,” I mumbled, taking the piece of paper which had my timetable printed on out. I stared at it. My first lesson was art in room 18. I looked up at him. “Art.” I stated.
His face lightened up. “Yeah, same. Room eighteen?”
I nodded. “That’s what it says here.”
He stood up and threw his backpack over his shoulder. “Come on, the bells gonna go off in a minute anyway.”
I mimicked Gerard’s actions, except I threw my chair under the table. I followed Gerard through the desks of students messing about and chatting.
“Oh, looks like the fat goth finally found a friend.” Some boy called out. I looked up at the back of Gerard's shaking head. I looked at the kid as I passed him, not turning my head, just using my eyes, with a blank expression on my face, making it seem almost intimidating.
I had to admit, I wasn’t an intimidating person, I was short and skinny, but like I said before, you shouldn’t underestimate me.
As I looked away, the boy giggle (I know, giggled, it made me mentally cringe), “And she looks like a bit of an emo.” He burst into laughter at his own joke.
My head jerked in his direction at his comment. I tried to hide my shock and anger, trying to frown. I didn’t actually look like an emo, did I? All the time back in England, people would make pathetic emo jokes about me. I wasn’t an emo. I didn’t want to be an emo, but everyone in this stereotypical world just liked to give people labels. I was hoping the people in this school wouldn’t be so stereotypical, but I was obviously wrong.
I sighed and carried on walking out the door.
Once I was outside, Gerard turned around, facing me. “Just ignore them, if you’re different then you’re automatically an outcast. Just stick with me and you’ll be fine.” He smiled at me.
I stared at him, feeling the corners of my mouth turn upward, but just starring into his amazingly stunning eyes. He wasn’t fat either, maybe a bit on the chubby side, but I wouldn’t say fat. He wasn’t skinny, but people would just find anything to bring you down. I took in his stunning hazel eyes again. They left me in awe, like I said before, just stunning. “You have nice eyes.”
Gerard looked at me awkwardly. He looked embarrassed, trying not to smile, his eye line darting between me and the walls behind me, with his eyebrow raised. He was definitely embarrassed. “Thanks?”
I laughed. “Sorry, I tend to complement people out of the blue. Usually it has nofink ta do with the conversation.”
Gerard laughed. “You have nice eyes too.” He said, smiling.
I shook my head. He was only trying to be nice. I knew I wasn’t pretty. I didn’t think I wasn’t pretty nor had nice eyes, I knew it. “No I don’t.” I sighed. “C’mon, show me to the art room.”
Gerard raised an eyebrow and shook his head. “Yeah you do.” Gerard tugged on my arm while walking past me. “It’s this way.”
I followed him. “No I don’t, so don’t lie ta me.”
He stopped and turned around, facing me. “Yeah you do and I'm not lying.”
I looked up at him, shaking my head. “I don’t, jus leave it, yeah?” I walked past him, nudging his shoulder so he would turn around and walk as well.
He sighed and walked beside me, leading the way to the art room.
I wasn’t sure, but I was hoping I could count this guy as a friend.

Wow, you bothered ta read it all :D I feel kinda loved….
P.s. with all the school work I’ve got goin on, I might be a slow updater, soz :L x
Sign up to rate and review this story