Categories > Original > Humor

There You Are

by Sorbet 0 reviews

One-shot. Meeting your favorite band is easier than most would think. (All Time Low/rated for language)

Category: Humor - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Published: 2011-03-17 - Updated: 2011-03-17 - 1443 words - Complete

1Original
Title::There You Are
Author:: Sorbet
Warnings:: Bad jokes, language and horrible impersonation of band members. Proceed with caution.
A/N:: Hope it doesn’t bore you too much :x


She struggled to keep up with her friends as they ran through the crowded New York City streets. It was three p.m, April, a little chillier than normal, but still warm enough to excuse her shorts. To be honest, this wasn’t how she wanted to meet them. Not right out of school, still wearing her gym uniform, her hair an utter catastrophe; but if not now, then never. Barnes and Noble would be closing in less then an hour, the place must have a long line...it would be a miracle if they managed to even get in, much less see them. Usually, it would be open until 10, but seeing as it was a holiday AND they had guests, it was a miracle it had stayed open this long. Maybe it was fate. As she ran, she kept her gaze on the visible air that escaped her lips everytime she puffed. It moved like a belly dancer, curling instead of just becoming a mushroom cap. It numbly reminded her of cigarette smoke.

“Yo, Lexi, speed up.” Her friend called, more than a few feet ahead. Snapping out of the wicked curse of her breath, she looked up, picked up her speed and soon landed next to her friends. In a matter of minutes, they had ran and swerved their way to 82nd and Broadway, frantically running inside the strore. Like predicted, there was a pretty long line; so long in fact, that she couldn’t even see the band in question. Bummer. Rolling her weight from one leg to the other, she crossed her arms over her chest and waited (rather impatiently) for the line to move. Time went by slowly, she thought, passing said time adjusting her hair and fixing her light sweater. She did these things idly, more focused on meeting her favorite band. After a while, her friends wandered off, and suddenly she was worried. Her friends weren’t exactly polite in public. In fact, they were an embarrassment; every one.

She was second in line now, she could very well sneak a glance at said band, but she didn’t want to. She didn’t want to ruin the surprise. Either that or she didn’t want to throw up; she was shy. She nearly slapped her forehead when she heard one of the security guards lecturing her friends; hopefully they didn’t out her and say they were together. She’d deny it. Finally, the person in front of her finished and she saw them. All Time Low. She couldn’t believe all four of them were there; usually, it’d be just one. Or, so she heard. At the moment, Jack seemed quite content sitting on Alex’s lap and Zack and Rian were standing behind them. If she had a camera, she would so take a picture. Taking a slow, cautious step forward, Alex was the one who looked at her first, and then the other gazes followed. They smiled, and her heart skipped a beat. Seeing their smiles in a photograph was one thing, but seeing it up close and personal was something unforgettable.

They had said something, shit. She missed it. She stood there, feeling stupid. “What’s your name?” They asked again, slower this time. Maybe they thought she was mentally challenged. “Lexi.” She answered, merely above a whisper. She wondered if they heard. They nodded; they heard. Her eyes found their way over to Jack’s legs, which were on the table. Not to his legs exactly, more on the shiny black boots with that heavy-ass soles. She swallowed lightly and gestured over to said boots with her chin. “Um.” Was all she managed to say. Taking the hint, Jack and Alex followed her gaze and smirked. Jack huffed. “It was a dare.” Dare? “It got thrown up on stage by one of the fans yesterday, and Alex dared me to wear it for a full day.” He explained. Alex nodded, thinking back. “Yea, we couldn’t see who it was, but they knew all of our songs, even our really old ones. It was wicked cool.” He said. Everyone nodded in agreement; apparently, they had never met someone who knew all their songs. Underground and all. She blinked. Snapping out of it, she listened in on the two’s coversation. Maybe she shouldn’t have.

"I’m gonna murder you."
"I know," Alex replied, a snicker in his tone, "but you'll have to wait until the signing is over. Until then, you can’t do a thing. Ha."
"I'm going to stomp you to death with these bitch boots."
Alex glanced at said boots. "Bitch boots for the bitch. Fitting."
Jack smiled. "I'm going to shove them up your ass," he said, annoyed.
"Keep moving, and a boot isn't what's going to be shoved up yours, Jack.”


A blush adorned her cheeks. She had to wonder if they were messing around, or if they were serious. Either way, it was funny and perverted as fuck. Just as she knew them to be. Well…from interviews, anyway. She stared at the boots for a while before she smiled. “They look like they could brain someone from just falling off a shelf.” She commented, earning a laugh from the gentlemen; it made her feel good. They all stared at her now, as if waiting for something. It took her a moment, but she finally remembered that they needed to sign something. She blinked; oh crud. She didn’t have anything for them to sign. See, this was why she—Cutting herself off, she pulled out her ipod. It was old and worn (from being used so much) but it was better then nothing. She handed it to them silently. They stared at it for a minute or so before Alex looked up. “Got a pen?” Smile.

After catching her breath, she dug in her pocket and pulled out a marker. “Sharpie.” She offered, embarrassed, but he took it nonetheless. She sat in the plastic chair across from him and watched as he began writing on the back of her beautiful device. “So. You carry a sharpie with you everywhere you go?” He asked, handing the sharpie and the device to Jack as he looked at Lexi. She blinked. “Oh, no. It’s just that, I just got out of school…so I have a bunch of office supplies on me.” She explained with a small laugh. He smiled again, and she wanted to slap him; no one was allowed to look so handsome and have such a heavenly singing voice. That’s asking for it. Still, she smiled back. “So, you’re like a Stapler.” He said. She arched an eyebrow. “You mean Staples, rockstar?” She asked and he smiled once again and laughed. “Yea; I guess traveling so much is screwing with my head.” She smiled. Alex Gaskarth and her were having a conversation. A normal, carefree conversation. Amazing.

He blinked. “So, you listen to us?” He asked; stupid question. She sniggered. “Clearly. I’ve listened to all of your songs.” She said. He smirked. “Obsessed much?” He questioned, making her smile. “Oh yes, very. Why, I was planning on breaking into your home and waiting for you in your bedroom closet on Friday.” She said, making all four laugh. It made her feel even better. He smiled. “Yum. That sounds great; I’ll wear some garters for you.” He said and she laughed. He handed her ipod back (now sporting all four of the band member’s signatures) and resisted the urge to squeak. Standing up, she smiled. “Thank you so much.” She said, hugging each of the band members, about to go before she came back. She pulled out four boxes and handing one to each. “I didn’t have much money, but I decided to get you all something. Another fan gift; lucky bastards.” With their laughter chiming in the background, Lexi left, friends beside her, feeling like a queen.

Back in the store, the four men stared at the boxes in their hands. Curious, they decided to open them; and stood confused. It looked like a cleaning wand. They sighed and when they did, bubbles flew out and so did a heart-shaped guitar pick. One for everyone. They stood, shocked, and then they glanced down at their boxes and the notes attached. Smiling, they continued their signing, guitar picks close.

Those were my boots.
- Lexi
Sign up to rate and review this story