Categories > Anime/Manga > Viewfinder > Two Peas in a Pod

Two Peas in a Pod

by erulisse_yaviel 2 reviews

"Takaba Akihito remembered Shirakawa Naoya. Oh yes, he remembered him very well."

Category: Viewfinder - Rating: PG - Genres: Crossover - Characters: Asami, Takaba - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2006-05-20 - Updated: 2006-05-21 - 1173 words - Complete

0Original
Two Peas in a Pod
By Yaviel

Author's Notes: I know there are practically a hundred thousand and fifty-six issues regarding the time line. But screw it please. The plot bunnies are killing me! pleading eyes

Oh, and it's advisable if you read Shimizu Yuki's Love Mode Unlimited before proceeding 'cause this story takes place around that time.

---

Takaba Akihito remembered Shirakawa Naoya. Oh yes, he remembered him very well. He knew the other from kindergarten school. They went to the same elementary school too. The were even in the same class. He had been friends with Naoya even before he knew Kou and the others. In fact, Naoya was, to a certain extent, Akihito's first friend.

As a matter of fact, they used to be really close. One was never without the other. One of the many reasons why they got along so well is perhaps, because they are similar in many ways.

Both of them had passions. Flaming passions.

Akihito's was for cameras and photography while Naoya's was for excelling well in every aspect of his academic studies. They were in photography club together. Akihito because he wanted to become a world-famous photographer and Naoya because the two boys figured that, that way, Akihito could help Naoya perfect his records. After all, one needs to excel in both academic and extra-curricular activities in order to become an honor student.

They were such good friends.

Their friends often joke and calls them two peas in a pod.

---

Akihito doesn't remember much about Naoya now. All he remembered about him were his laughter, his smile and his sincerity.

He also remembered the incident that snatched Naoya out of his life. He remembered the teachers rushing into their class where their Mathematics teacher was teaching them about triangles. He remembered how they breathlessly informed Naoya to come with them immediately. He remembered the bewildered look in Naoya's eyes. He remembered the shrug Naoya casually threw at him when Akihito cast him a questioning glance.

He even remembered how Naoya carelessly shouted, "Call you later!" from down the empty school hall.

In fact, now that Akihito give the matters some thoughts, he realized that that was the last time he ever saw Naoya.

Sure, he remembered the loose rumors about Naoya's parents being involved in some kind of a car crash. But the person himself was never there to explain what really happened. Naoya Shirakawa transferred out of the school before Akihito had the chance to ask.

---

Akihito's whole body is aching. His shoulders and arm are sore from moving camera equipments. He hated that kind of aches. He preferred a kind of ache that he gets in bed.

Asami left for England two weeks ago and although he would never admit it out-loud, he was starting to worry about the man. The yakuza never really specified his purpose in going abroad. Akihito keeps dreaming about how the man is in some kind of a 'mafia showdown'.

And of course, he miss Asami. Not that Asami is ever going to hear that revelation.

Akihito had moved in with Asami a few months ago. He had gotten used to the security checking at the lobby. He had also gotten used to Asami's assistants and secretaries fussing over him every time he came home. But he never got used to the unpredictable nature of Asami.

Just like that, without so much as a call, Asami is back from England, sitting on his imported couch, talking on the phone while the maids are busy packing.

Akihito sat down next to the man and waited for Asami to finish talking. When Asami snapped his cell phone shut, he pulled Akihito for a kiss.

"Welcome back, are you going somewhere?" Akihito greeted, using his hands to gesture towards the scattering maids.

"Yes," Asami replied, smirking as he leaned back to the couch.
"Oh," Akihito said, failing to hide his indifference miserably, "Where to?"
"Why the sudden interest?" Asami countered, lighting a cigarette.
Akihito shrugged, trying to act like he couldn't care less in a futile attempt, "No reason... Don't get the wrong idea. It's not like I'm worried or frustrated or anything. In fact I'm happy that you're going off again. It gives me-"

Akihito never finished his sentence as Asami pulled him for another kiss. Deeper and more meaningful this time.

"Shanghai," Asami whispered against Akihito's lips.
"Oh..." Akihito breathed.
"And don't worry. You're coming too," Asami smirked.

---

Akihito sulked in the private jet. He is unhappy. Really.

---

"Who are we meeting anyway?" Akihito asked as Asami's assistant helped him straighten his tie.

Asami had just forced him to change into an expensive suit that was too tight for his liking.

"A business partner," Asami replied, fixing his own tie.
Akihito frowned, "And you want me there because...?"
"Because he's bringing his... Kitten... And you know I don't lose to anyone," came the reply.

---

The limousine Akihito and Asami was in stopped in front of a grand restaurant. Both stepped out of the vehicle; Asami elegantly and Akihito groggily.

---

The truth is, Akihito expected to meet a couple of freaky, not to mention greasy, old man who are twice his age. Literally.

So to say that Asami's 'business partner' shocked him would be an understatement.

Seated around a grand dining table are four men, clad in expensive threads. One of them reminded him too much of Asami and so Akihito labeled him as a 'no-no'. The other one looked too stoic to actually be the conversational type. The third one was grinning and it spooked Akihito out. The last one was around his age. A boy who looked familiar.

Very, very familiar.

"Na... Naoya?" Akihito breathed.

The person in question responded by turning his head to look directly at Akihito.

"Yes?" he replied.

Akihito's jaw dropped open. Asami and the man-who-resembled-Asami arched an eyebrow.

"Oh my god! It's me! Akihito!" he practically squealed.
Naoya's eyes widen, "Aki? You're Aki?"

---

Reunions are very heart-warming things.

Akihito and Naoya spent the whole evening catching up with each other. Naoya became uncharacteristically chatty and Akihito became even chattier than his chatty-self.

The other four people around the table watched in amusement, making small business talks once in a while.

"I can't believe it's you, Aki! You're so... So... Different!" Naoya said excitedly.
"I know! You changed a lot too!" Akihito replied.

Suddenly, the two felt odd. An awkward feeling came to rest at their mind.

"I guess we did change a lot..." Naoya smiled.
"Yeah, we're not 'two peas in a pod' anymore, huh?" Akihito smiled back, feeling nostalgic.
"Akihito, tell me, however did you seduce our steel-man?" grinned Kiichi, interrupting the two.
Akihito blushed, "I didn't seduce him! He... Well he..."

Naoya chuckled.

"Now, now Naoya, it's not proper for the pot to call the kettle black," Kiichi continued.
Naoya blushed as beautifully as Akihito, "Sensei..."

Akihito laughed, "Maybe we're still alike after all."
Naoya joined the laughter, "two peas in a pod?"
Akihito smiled, "two peas in a pod."

---

End.
Sign up to rate and review this story