Categories > Original > Romance > Awry

What Is Going On

by Ne_me_touche_pas 1 review

:D Hey there. Hope ya enjoy. Thank you

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2011-03-30 - Updated: 2011-03-31 - 570 words

0TrainWreck
Matt keeps on coming over. He's constantly with Aiden. And whats worse, he's convinced we're best friends. It's insane.

I've started to hate everything about him. His stupid grin, his annoying laugh, and that stupid small gap between his front teeth. Worse, Aiden won't do anything to stop him coming over. Hell, he encourages it.

Matt even goes to the same school as us. I never noticed him before, but now I'm lucky to get 5 minutes away from him.

"Aiden!" Matt shouts at the bus stop. I smile uncomfortably as Aiden just smiles softly. Matt's waving over to us, and he looks like an idiot. Don't kill him, don't kill him, don't kill him... He's glomped Aiden and their both laughing as they get up and Matt kisses Aiden on the cheek. Oh dear god, I'm dead, aren't I? Yes, I've died and gone straight to hell.

Damn, I died a virgin. Oh stop being so damn sarcastic... Well. Pot meet kettle.

"River!" Matt said, waving a hand in front of my face.

"What?" I said in a rude tone, my cool slipping me. But Matt just laughs. Can that boy even get mad for once?

"I asked if you wanted to go to a movie with Aiden and I tonight! But you have to bring a date." He said, matter of factly.

I sighed. "Then I won't go. No date."

Matt pouted. "Aww! Well find someone! Please?" He gave me puppy dog eyes with that ugly shade of brown I've come to hate.

"Oh he will, Matt! He's just to much of a pussy to actually ask anyone out." Aiden said.

"Shut up, and I am not. Everyone here is just boring." I said quietly.

"Which means your just nervous to ask people out, right?" Matt said.

Bitch. I know, right?

I ran a hand through my hair. "Fine, I suppose I'll just ask someone then."

The rest of the bus ride was quiet, well, at least I was. Matt wouldn't shut up.

In all my classes I looked for someone to ask. I just needed someone able to carry a conversation, or someone to just show up with.

I finally decided on a girl, Mary or Amber or something along the lines of that. She was pretty enough so I wouldn't get sick of looking at her, so she was good enough.

She agreed a little to fast, but it was all set. When Matt heard, he hugged me tightly, telling me how nice the girl I picked was. I wanted to burn the jacket I was wearing, but it was my only one.

That night, she showed up, with to much make up and to short of shorts.

"You look nice." I said politely.

She smiled and rambeled on while I found myself watching Aiden. His dark black hair, and dark eyes to match were simply perfection in my eyes. He seemed so perfect, though I knew he wasn't. I teared my eyes away from him as we chose a movie. A sad one, I presume.

I watched Aiden, occasionally looking at my date to show I hadn't forgotten about her. Still, I had watched Aiden almost to the point of obsession. I noticed Matt and my date were crying, so I assumed it was almost over. And to think. I had spent a whole one hour or something just watching Aiden.

What's wrong with you? Aiden.
Sign up to rate and review this story