Categories > Original > Romance

saphire blue

by purplebunny 3 reviews

this is my first story soooooo tell me what u think and if i should continue i kinda want it to be a romance idk R&R please xo T

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2011-03-31 - Updated: 2011-05-31 - 886 words

0Unrated
Monday. First day of my new school. I stand in front of Harlem High and
Take in the huge panther on the doors that in a couple of seconds I would be walking
Through. My name is Winter Summers. My parents thought it would be cool to
Make my first and last names opposite and since I was going to have the last
Name Summers they pounced on the opportunity. I’m an only child from New Boston Ohio. A small town were everyone knows each other and everything about them. Were
Every ones parents know each other and have grown up together.
Most important, nothing ever happens in New Boston. At least not until two
Months ago when me and my parents took a trip to Minford. The next town over,
When lightning struck the road in front of us and the car swerved off the side
Of the bridge. I survived but my parents didn’t. The paramedics found me unconscious and close to death on the bank of the lake the car had drove into. When I woke up in the hospital I saw my parents sitting on the edge of my hospital bed. For weeks I was stuck in the hospital because the nurses said I was still delusional from my concusion. I swore up and down that I saw my mother and father walking around and even talking to me in my hospital room. But they all told me I was crazy and that there was no way I could be seeing them because they were dead. Two nights after the old man down the hall had passed away, I was sure he was dead because I had seen the body myself but, sure enough, I would see him walking down the hall still in his hospital gown. Then I understood that I was physic. I can see, hear, and even talk to the dead that have not crossed over. So that brings me to were I am now, Miami Florida, to stay with my only living relative, cousin Jackie.

As the other students who were sitting out front started to go inside I followed them into a large office and up to a counter stacked high with papers.
Behind the counter and a computer sat a dumpy old woman with glasses. As I approached, the woman looked up from the computer and said “May I help you?”
“Uh…um…” I stammered “Yes I’m new here. I came to pick up my new schedule.” I said
“Yes, yes dear. And what might your name be?”
“Winter Summers, um……”
“Frock” she said “you may call me Miss. Frock.” She gave a friendly smile and handed me a map of the school and my schedule. “Hurry along now you don’t want to be late for your first class.”
I smiled back and nodded “Thank you” and hurried out the door.
My first class was biology. One of my worst subjects.

As I walked through the door, something in the corner caught my eye. A girl. For some reason she seemed out of place. Maybe it was because she seemed a bit younger than the rest of the class by a few years. Something about her poised on the edge of the teachers desk, and the way no one seemed to notice her, seemed odd. Her extremely long and strait raven black hair made her abnormally pretty face look even paler. The girls eyes were captivating, the biggest and most beautiful eyes I had ever seen. Her eyes were blue but not just a normal blue, they were a very dark blue, like dark sapphires, but still very clear, like you could look right into her soul. And they were staring strait at me. How odd.
The bell rang and everyone took their seats, as a tall, skinny, tired, middle aged man walked into the room. I looked back at were the girl was sitting a couple of seconds ago and she was gone. Oh. Sigh. I thought. Another dead person. Well I could see this wasn’t going to be the normal day I had planned.

The day breezed by quickly without another sighting of the dead girl, which I was extremely happy about because I was afraid she would try to talk to me and I didn’t want to have one of my freak outs on my first day of school and end up in another counseling room.

Yeah my day was going pretty good, but then as I walk through the front door I see her. She’s sitting on the stairs to the second floor were my bedroom is and, like before when our eyes meet she smiles. Something about that smile just felt so familiar and as I study her more closely I notice something even weirder about her. She glowed with a beautiful radiance that I had never seen before in a dead person (or even an alive one). As I started to take in her entirely I then noticed what that she was wearing a very pretty and might I add extremely cute black dress that was wrapped just perfectly over her petite form and held in place by a big stone brooch about the same color of her eyes and she was barefoot.
Sign up to rate and review this story