Categories > Celebrities > Guns n' Roses > Faithfully I'm Still Yours

Yesterdays

by LauraiSlaxl 0 reviews

Axl vents.

Category: Guns n' Roses - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Published: 2011-04-02 - Updated: 2011-04-03 - 943 words - Complete

0Unrated
Axl stormed into he and Laurie's hotel room and slammed the door shut behind him. He slammed his fist into the wall and caused the plaster to crack a little. He flew into the bathroom and grabbed one of Laurie's little glass perfume bottles, threw it on the ground. The glass shattered and sprayed everywhere, narrowly missing Axl's leg. His arm swung out and knocked all of her stuff off the counter; her deodorant, her razors, the extra little shampoo and conditioner bottles she'd gotten from the lobby. His foot connected with the side of the bathtub and the soap fell off. He tore back out of the bathroom and ripped the covers off the beds, tore one of the lamps off its table and threw it and its power cord down to the floor.

"Fuck you goddamn motherfucker!" he roared at the ceiling. For several more minutes he ran around the room, throwing things, slamming his fists into various objects. By the time the dopamine in his brain had slowed down enough to let him take a step back and see what kind of damage he'd caused, the entire room had been completely trashed.

Breathing heavily, Axl took a few steps back and surveyed his domain with a feeling in his chest that was less than pride. He almost, almost lowered his ego enough to call room service and have them come clean his mess while he payed the hotel for property damage, when suddenly there was a knock on the door.

He took several deep breaths, trying to calm himself down, then he went to the door and opened it.

Standing there was Slash, with his arm around Laurie's shoulders, and Izzy, who looked like a wild animal caught in a trap.

"What the fuck do you want?" asked Axl coldly.

"Just...just came back to get my bags," said Laurie softly, peering over Axl's shoulder and noting the mess her ex-boyfriend had made with a slightly resigned expression on her face.

Axl sneered. "You wanna come in here and see if you can find them?" He stepped backwards, his foot crunching against something he'd broken, and Laurie, Slash, and Izzy entered.

"You're going to have to pay the hotel back for this," said Laurie as she picked her clothes up off the ground from between broken Jack Daniels bottles and put them back in her suitcase.

"Do you think I give a shit?" snarled Axl. "I'm already in debt for that incident back in St. Louis; I can just get Doug to pull me out of this one."

Laurie and Slash looked at each other.

"Fine, Axl, whatever," muttered Laurie. She finished packing and slung her bag over her shoulder, started for the door.

"Oh, and by the way, Lauren...I'm going to buy you a plane ticket back to Los Angeles once we get to Syria, okay?"

"Okay." Laurie stayed facing away from Axl so that he wouldn't see the tears that had built up in her eyes.

"And Izzy...?"

Izzy turned and faced his (former?) best friend. "Yeah?"

Axl sucked in a deep breath; kicking Steven Adler out in '89 had been easy, they hadn't liked each other all that much. Unfortunately, he and Izzy had known each other for fourteen plus years; their history was as expansive and deep as the one he had with Laurie.

"You're fired."

A cold, hard look came into Izzy's eyes.

"You can't fire me, Rose," he said calmly. "I quit."

"Fuck you," said Axl. "Look, you'll stay on until I can find a replacement, but then I want you out of here, okay?"

"You can't dictate what I'm going to be doing," said Izzy, but he didn't argue with Axl and when the lead singer said he wanted them all out of his room less than five minutes later, the rhythm guitarist left without any hesitation.

"Axl," said Laurie softly, as she was leaving. "Please...don't kick me out...you and I weren't even together when Izzy got me pregnant and--"

"I don't give a shit, Lauren. You think we can have a good relationship if you're hiding things like that from me? No, sugar, sorry, but I can't handle that. You go back to the United States with Izzy and you two start your own family and your own life together and maybe in a few years when this tour is over I'll come visit you in whatever shack you're living in--"

"Shut the fuck up!"

"--and I can pretend to feel sorry for you, but I'll have a new chick with me and I can rub that in your face, you little bitch; I can say, 'Look at me, Laurie, and look at what I have now. Look at what you've got with him, and look at what you could have with me.' And no matter what you say to me, no matter how unhappy you are with Izzy and your brat...even if he beats the living shit out of you...I'm not going to listen and I'm not going to take you back. Because I can't be with someone like you; someone I can't trust."

Laurie wrenched the door open, her bag swinging slightly out to the right and hitting the wall. Her eyes blazing with hate and hot tears, she said:

"All I know, Axl Rose, is that Izzy Stradlin will make me a better husband than you could ever hope to be." And she stormed out and slammed the door behind her, thinking that if lies were worth a dollar each, she and Axl would both be swimming in billions of Washingtons right now.
Sign up to rate and review this story