Categories > Movies > Pirates of the Caribbean > That's The Way I Like It

The Same Yet Different

by mybloodyvalentine 0 reviews

Jenna continues her job...

Category: Pirates of the Caribbean - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Norrington - Warnings: [!!!] [V] [X] - Published: 2011-04-08 - Updated: 2011-04-08 - 2789 words

0Unrated
When I arrived home, my mother was in an awful mood. The stars were twinkling outside and everything was pitch black. If I hadn't had the streets of Port Royal memorized, I would never have found my way home. I had run all the way home and was now a bit of a mess. My hair was messy, my cheeks were flushed, and I was gasping for breath as I pushed the door open.

Stumbling inside, I saw my mother sitting worriedly at the table, twisting her hands in her lap. When she saw me, her mouth fell open and she ran to my side, asking, "Oh my god, Jenna, what happened to you? I was worried sick! You said nothing at all about being gone this late. I know you weren't at Amy's house this long. What happened to you? You're a mess!"

Tugging my skirt a bit farther down and smoothing it, I replied, "I'm sorry, mother. I...I lost track of the time." Yes, I knew it was an awful excuse, but what else could I say? It was late at night and my mind wasn't moving too quickly. Mother gave me a look that told me she didn't believe me as she replied, "Honestly, I don't know how that is possible. What have you been doing?"

Mother looked down at me and her eyes locked on my skirt. Frowning, I followed her gaze and suddenly bit my lip. Blood had stained the front of my skirt just slightly. God, this was like my past life all over again. I remembered when I had lost my virginity before and then had gone straight to visit James with blood all over my skirt. Unfortunately, I had made the same error again.

Wishing I had thought to wash my skirt or perhaps clean up a bit, I quickly lied, "I fell and cut my leg. I think I should go clean it up." I sidled towards the bathroom, hoping my mother would just let me go without complaint. She thought about it for a minute and then frowned, taking a step closer to me as she asked, "If it's so severe, I really think I should take a look at it and we should think about sending you to the doctor if it's quite bad. Come to the parlor with me. I really need to take a look at it."

I thought fast, trying to come up with some sort of retort. Nothing was coming to mind. Finally, I used a bit of the truth and replied, "It's in an embarrassing place. I'd really rather you didn't look at it." Mother looked over at my thighs and then replied, "Oh. I suppose I won't look then. Make sure you clean the cut up quite a bit though. I don't want anything getting infected."

"Yes, mother," I replied. She gave me one last intense look before shaking her head and going off to bed. I sighed with relief and hurried to my bedroom. I stripped and then went into the bathroom to clean up. I washed my legs and especially in between them, not wanting to keep any evidence of my sexual activities on my body. If mother ever found out, I would so be dead.

After washing, I hurried to my room and collapsed into bed. I was so tired. My whole body felt like it was going to shut down at any moment. As I rested my head against the pillow, my last thought was of Cutler. He and I were together again and he no longer seemed to be angry with me. Nothing could go wrong anymore...could it?

I awoke the next morning feeling very sore. I tried to slip out of bed and felt my whole body complain as I sat up. Despite the groaning inside me, I made myself get up and go to my wardrobe. Since my nicest dress had blood all over it, I was forced to choose something else instead. I found a dark green dress that was plain and elegant at the same time. It would have to do.

After dressing quickly, I hurried downstairs to leave for my job. Mother was already sitting at the kitchen table sipping tea and reading a novel. When she saw me, she glanced up and asked immediately, "How's your leg?" It took me a few minutes before I remembered my lie. Trying not to blush, I replied, "Just fine. I'm off to work now, so I'll see you in a little bit."

Glancing towards the clock, my mother added, "Isn't it a bit early for you to be leaving?" She was right, but I wanted to get to the office early since that meant more time with Cutler. Shrugging nonchalantly, I replied, "I've been running late the last few days so I thought I should leave a bit earlier." I knew I was an awful liar. Already my cheeks were flushing and my ears turning red.

Since she was busy with her novel, mother didn't look up at me and replied, "Oh, well I suppose you shouldn't be late. I do want you to come straight home after you finish at the Company today though. No more extra trips or anything, alright?" From her words, I could tell she didn't believe I had gone to Amy's house last night. Shit.

"Yes, mother," I replied, feeling my heart sink. I had kind of been hoping to have another lovemaking session with Cutler, but I didn't see how that was going to happen if I had to go straight home from work. Hoping that perhaps Cutler would take an hour break from work to play with me, I slipped through the door, shut it behind me, and started across the lawn.

Before I got too far, a tall figure stepped out in front of me, blocking my path. Surprised that someone else was up so early in the morning, I blinked and looked into James' eyes. I smiled up at him as was our custom and greeted him, "Hello James. I don't usually see you awake this time of day. How are you?" I tried to be friendly, but I could immediately tell that something was wrong.

James' expression was quite odd. His eyes were cold and he kept looking over my body in a strange manner. Feeling like I was naked before him, I crossed my arms over my chest and gave James a funny look, adding, "What's up?" James didn't say anything. Instead, he just ended up staring at me some more, his eyes looking at me distrustfully.

"You're a bitch," James finally said coolly, "I should have seen it before." Having no idea what any of that was suppose to mean, I followed after James as he walked away from me. Protesting, I said, "What is it, James? I don't see what I did wrong. Can't you at least tell me what's going on? I have no idea what the hell you're talking about."

"Oh, I think you do," James turned, giving me a smirk. Caught off by his coldness, I stopped following him and tilted my head at him in bewilderment. Going on, James continued, "Perhaps you remember just what you were doing last night?" Wait...did he know about Cutler and me? Perhaps, but how would he know that? Had he actually been spying on me?

"Were you spying?" I asked, eyes bulging. If James knew what we had done, hell would break loose. Obviously mad, James would definitely tell my mother and then I would for sure be dead. James shrugged and admitted, "I followed you to work. I wanted to know what was so great about this Cutler of yours. Now I see what you find so great about him."

Eyes narrowing, I asked him, "And what exactly is that?" James gave me a strange look and replied, "Oh, don't act like you don't know. I saw you two having intercourse. You're disgusting, Jenna. I thought you were my best friend and then you go off and give yourself up to some older man you don't even know like a whore. That's just sick."

James' words made me angry. I glared at him and said, "First of all, you should never spy on something like that. It's just not right. Secondly, I do know Cutler. Thirdly, most women end up with men older than themselves. My father is twenty years older than your mother and I'm sure it's the same thing for your parents. Lastly, I'm not a whore as I've only had intercourse once."

James looked like he wanted to argue, but couldn't really come up with a good argument. His emerald eyes glowered at me and he crossed his arms, looking furious. Still not seeing why he was so mad at me, I raised my eyebrows at him and asked, "What's the problem with this? It's my business, not yours. You should really just leave me alone."

"But we were best friends!" James interjected. "I thought..." James trailed off and blushed. He kicked the ground and started walking away again. Just like before, I followed him and grabbed his shoulder, asking, "What did you think?" James turned back to me with slitted eyes and replied, "I thought you would give yourself up to me. I thought you loved me."

"I...I..." I stuttered, unsure of what to say. How could I say that I loved James when my heart belonged to Cutler? I couldn't have both of them. Seeing my stammers, James gave me one last ugly look, shook his head, and walked away. I could've followed him, but I didn't see much point in that. I couldn't argue with what he had said, so what was the point?

Annoyed with myself and James, I stalked off towards the East India Trading Company office. When I finally reached it, I was no longer early because of my detour with James. Trying to calm my breath, I slowly cracked the door open and peered inside. Cutler was already sitting in that big burgundy chair, face buried in some document he was reading.

I shut the door quietly behind me and stepped across the floor to the desk. When Cutler still didn't look up, I tapped his shoulder and said, "Hey." Cutler blinked and looked up at me. Looking quite emotionless, he said stiffly, "Good morning, Miss Smith. I trust you slept well?" For a moment, my heart dropped. Did Cutler not remember what had happened only the night before?

Feeling anxious, I looked up at him and asked, "But don't you remember last night? You haven't forgotten already have you?" Cutler went back to reading his book, but snaked out a hand towards me. He pushed it up my side and squeezed my breast as he murmured quickly, "Hm...does it appear as if I have forgotten?" A smirk played at the corners of his mouth.

Desire pulsing through me again, I leaned forward towards him and said, "So what are we going to do now?" Cutler still didn't look up at me as he replied, "Do explain." Annoyed that he couldn't give me his full attention, I pulled the book away from him and replied, "Well, we're together again. Can't we sneak off and go live together or something?"

Cutler jerked up his head to look at me and replied, "Bloody hell, Jenna, we can't just go sneaking off!" Okay, I supposed that I should have known that Cutler wouldn't go sneaking off, but still. I had kind of hoped that we could run away together. Frowning, I replied, "So...what are we going to do then? I want to be together again."

"I do think we are back together," Cutler replied, giving me a matter-of-fact look. I rolled my eyes at him and sighed, "You know that's not what I meant. I want to be with you as in the woman you're courting or would perhaps marry." I wasn't sure if that was a mistake to say that or not. I still wanted to be married, but the idea of marriage used to tick Cutler off.

"Good god, you're only twelve," Cutler said firmly. "I shouldn't have touched you last night." Cutler looked over my body, looking like he was regretting last night. Very annoyed that he was going on about that again, I looked sad and replied, "So it wasn't very good? I'm sorry I'm small, but I'll grow. Do you regret it? I definitely do not. I'll always be your slave."

"I don't believe I ever said anything about it 'not being good'," Cutler murmured. "On the other hand, it felt sinfully good. Come here." I stepped around the desk and went to stand before Cutler, waiting to see what he wanted with me. Cutler let his eyes devour me, allowing them to rest on every curve of my body. I felt like he was literally ripping me apart with his eyes.

Starting to get a little bit uncomfortable, I asked, "Cutler?" Without moving his head, Cutler lifted his eyes to mine and reached out his hand to me, murmuring, "You're so beautiful despite your age. And this time, you're all mine." I knew the hidden meaning in his words. He basically was telling me not to go around messing with James again. I knew better. This time, I would not.

I put my hand in Cutler's and took a step forward, searching his eyes as I replied, "You can take me whenever you want, my Lord." Cutler abruptly grabbed my hips and pulled me to him. He kissed me roughly before pushing me away and going back to his book. A little bit taken off guard, I stuck my lip out in a pout and asked, "What was that for?"

"Don't tell me that you can honestly think we can do anything here again," Cutler replied smoothly. "This is no longer my office. I must do my best to become a Lord again. For now, it is simply Mr. Beckers. It's such an insult." Cutler pursed his lips in annoyance and went back to reading the obok, his cerulean eyes skimming back and forth over the page.

"But what about me?" I asked, wondering what I was suppose to do. It was an almost irresistible temptation with Cutler just sitting calm and helpless in front of me. He was prey to be devoured and yet, I couldn't touch him. Cutler didn't look at me as he replied, "We will talk outside of business. For the meantime, I must stay focused if I wish to earn a promotion."

Supposing that it meant he wanted me to shut up for the meantime, I went and sat on the burgundy couch across the room, looking around the office and observing all the changes that had been made since Cutler and I had been reborn. After a few minutes, I heard a sigh and looked over to see Cutler staring at me irritably like he wished I would disappear or something.

Raising my eyebrows, I asked, "What?" Cutler frowned and held out a letter saying, "I don't remember telling you to sit around and be idle all day. Here. You may deliver this to me. It goes to Mrs. Adams." Feeling kind of tired and not like running errands, I rolled my eyes as I trudged back over to his desk and complained, "But I'm tired! I just want to rest."

"Yes, it would be rather nice if we could be on holiday year round," Cutler admitted, "But we must help to insure that the world continues to spin properly." Cutler held out the letter to me. I took it and squealed with surprise when Cutler snaked an arm around my waist and pulled me too him. My head fell against his chest. Against it, I could feel the thrumming of his heart.

Cutler pushed my hair away from my neck and leaned down to press a few soft kisses to it. The heat of his mouth made my body shiver as his tongue circled my skin. Without warning, Cutler sucked down hard on my flesh so hard that it almost hurt. I whimpered and fell against him limply, letting him take control of my body as I felt his teeth lightly graze my cheek.

Just as suddenly as he had grabbed me, Cutler turned away and turned back to the goddamn book. Blinking at him with surprise, I rolled my eyes and skipped off towards the door. Cutler could deny that he wanted me, but when it all came down to it, he was just as passionate for me as I was for him.
Sign up to rate and review this story