Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > One for the Road

Pour L'Amour De...

by AirCATX 2 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2011-04-11 - Updated: 2011-04-11 - 2001 words

1Ambiance
Paris, France

Frank dragged his feet sullenly behind the others as they made their way back to the hotel. Calyx walked just as slow, clutching her side as she soldiered along. Glancing back at the stragglers, Ray back peddled and threw an arm across Frank's shoulders.
“Come on, it wasn't that bad."
"Speak for yourself, I enjoy my life and don't like its force being stolen. I will never get those two hours back. You got a refund for me?" Ray's characteristic curly hair bounced in the wind as he laughed heartily. He shook him playfully by the shoulders.
“Seriously? It was the only movie in English, we can't complain about that in France. At least there weren't any subtitles or crying clowns in it."
“ Hey, give me crying clowns over Zac Efron any day."
“ I thought you liked Zac Efron; he's fucking hot." Calyx added, sidling next to them. Mikey remained out of the conversation, but kept close by.
“That’s it though, he's too pretty. It's his eyes. Those eyes are like a siren's song. It's too dangerous for man and teen alike."
“ Or just Frankie." He punched Ray lightly, the both of them laughing at their foolishness. While Frank and Ray pondered the natural threat of Zac Efron's eyes, Mikey noticed Calyx lagged considerably further and clutching her side. He ushered them ahead and jogged over to her.
“Caly, what's wrong? Is the baby okay?" Tensions were high as she entered the final turn of the pregnancy, and after a frightening incident in Frankfurt, Germany everyone was on alert. Gerard and her still didn't have a set doctor or birth plan. Usually, all the concern annoyed Calyx but at the moment the sensation of being out of breath and a sickening pressure in her stomach made it difficult to stand; all stubbornness aside She gratefully let Mikey take her hand and steer her to a bench.
“ Its okay, Mikey, I just need to slow down. I can't keep up with you kids like I used to."
“ Calyx are you alright, momma?" Frank and Ray noticed they weren't following and ran back. She laughed warmly which actually made the pressure subside.
“Oh, Frankie, way to make me feel old! Once I felt relieved I was having this baby so young 'cause after wards I might still fit in. That's no good if ya'll are callin' me ‘momma’."
"How about sexy momma?" Frank shook his hips seductively, rubbing them too. The laughter was contagious.
“So you're okay right? I don't have to call Gee anymore?" Calyx scrunched her nose and shook her head defiantly.
“I’m fine. The baby is just a showboat like his Dada. Come on; let's catch up at the hotel. Lord knows we deserve some room service after putting up with St. Cloud's acting, let's go boys." She took Mikey's arm and followed the others closely back towards the infamous Champs-Élysées where they were lucky enough to get a room. There wasn't a view of course, but it was another worthwhile memory she would share with the little Way when they were old enough.
"Caly, you think it's going to be a boy?" Mikey asked.
“Yeah, I don't know. I didn't want to know, but last week the nurse let it slip that they thought it was a boy, but I don't want to set it in stone. A mother is supposed to know right, and it doesn't feel right. He's definitely energetic, but when I was born the doctors expected a healthy boy, too. Instead they got a huge girl. So, I guess we'll find out in a few weeks."
“ I hope it isn’t, I know Gerard wants a girl so he can name her after our Grandmother."
"Really? He never said anything like that to me, that's really nice." Mikey’s genuinely sweet smile made Calyx's heart swell.
“Would you consider that, if it’s a girl?"
“ Naming her after your Grandmother?"
“ Or something similar, we'd appreciate it. We kind of made a deal whoever had a child first to carry on the name. Since she meant so much to us, and she is the one who inspired us to do all this." Calyx patted his chest lovingly with her free hand to ease his mind.
“I love it. That's a great idea. Don't tell Gerard though. Fingers crossed for a girl, that’d make it a lot easier. Thank you, Mikey, for telling me. That's a really sweet idea." Walking and with one free hand she leaned over and gave him an awkward sincere hug. They then quickened their pace to catch up.
Mikey dutifully hooked into her arm as they walked, and he even guided her by touching the small of her back when they crossed the sweeping boulevard. Since Japan, he acted more affectionate towards her, and although she cared for all of them, Calyx loved feeling as if she had a best friend in the group, especially it being Gerard's brother. Gerard also enjoyed the idea of another pair of eyes looking out for Calyx that he could trust when he could not be around.

Gerard jumped up when his band mates and girlfriend returned to the room like a desperate puppy, excited to learn of the journey through scents. Instead, he began questioning them immediately about the Louvre, lunch, the movie and sights in between. Having spent his day trapped doing television promotions and conferencing with the label, he felt like his experience in Paris was spent working while the others enjoyed tourism. He failed at concealing his jealousy. Ray, considerate like always, patiently showed him the pictures he took on the camera hung from his neck.
“It was lame how packed the Louvre was. Caly and I just hung out in the cafe while they looked around."
“ I saw these awesome suits of armor that samurai wore, and some beautiful kimono that were huge! They had to be bigger even than Toro! Only giants could wear them, really fashionable giants!" Frank added enthusiastically even shaking the bed with his gesticulating arms.
“So you could be swallowed by one of the arms?!" Gerard played. Ray laughed.
“Ha ha Mt. Fudgy, you big talker-"
"That's a good one Frank!" Toro praised but Gerard ignored the comment, instead realizing his brother and Calyx talking privately on the other mattress. He called out to them.
“What are you two whispering about over there? Mikey, did you get to see the Mona Lisa?"
“ Man, they got it under a bunch of bulletproof glass. She's better protected than the pope is. I fought my way to the front and didn't even get a pick, look she even had bouncers." Mikey showed off his pictures to his brother while Calyx made herself more comfortable on the bed. She didn't mention it, but it became increasingly difficult to breathe over the last week, and she suffered spells of faint dizziness. She dreaded another few weeks of pregnancy because secretly she felt her body pushed to its limits. The belly she sported wasn't large by average standards, but the pressure the baby put on her internal organs was becoming unbearable. Every so often, she felt a sharp kick in the diaphragm that took her breath away.
Gerard sat next to her on the bed waking her from a shallow slumber.
“How you doing, Sweety?" He asked kindly. He leaned in and gave her a gentle kiss and then rested his hand on her taut stomach. She covered it with her own and smiled meekly.
"Wiped out, little ones been real active today."
“ Huh, I can feel that. Only a little while longer, right?"
“ We got another performer on our hands." Calyx cringed when the infant took a jab at her kidney. "Ugh, I miss the days when it was just a flutter not a full on high kick." Gerard laughed under his breath and rubbed her belly with a preoccupied stare in his eyes. He fingered his bangs absently with his free hand.
“Cal, I got’ta talk to you bout something."
“ What is it?" She kept her eyes closed and concentrated on the soothing sensation of her hand on his moving across her skin.
“I’ve got to go on the road for a couple days, for a promotion by myself." He had her attention now. Even though it was difficult she tried to sit upright.
“What do you mean? We’re already on the road and why are you going by yourself? What kind of promotion is it?" Her heart pounded nervously in her chest, she didn't know why, but Gerard's body language didn't ease her mind. The fact Gerard could not look her in the eye was not reassuring.
“It’s just for a magazine, and they're paying for me to be in London. It's just for two nights, okay? You'll be fine here with the guys, and remember Will, the assistant for the label, he found a doctor for us in England when ya'll join me on Wednesday. I've already cleared it with them to take a week off the tour when the baby comes, no buts about it."
“ No! I won't be okay. Gerard I need you with me right now. I don't feel well. Just cause the doctors say I'm due mid October doesn't mean I'm delivering that week. It could be anytime between now and then. This baby's about to pop, I need you here." She was now clutching his hand with both of hers and looking at him with pleading eyes.
"Honey, its only two nights. I've already been booked to attend and give an interview. Please don't look at me like that."
“ What's this for anyway? Who's running the promotion? It doesn't make sense all of you aren't going."
“ It's for London: Rock n' Stone, you know Rolling St-"
"And FHM's little brother of a magazine? Let me guess, it’s that chick interviewing you isn't it? The one from GT5 with the crotch shot?" Calyx was fuming and her mind racing with jealousy. She knew where this was leading now; the girl in question was notorious flirt and occasional journalist, Camille Harding.
“Calyx come on, she's as complex as a 3-chord punk song but unfortunately sometimes people like her are the job. I don't have a lot of say on this one. I asked to take a week off- for us and the baby- and Will said I'd have to sit through this party." Gerard again caught his girlfriend’s attention with a dangerous word.
“Wait, party? What party? I thought you said magazine promotion and interview." She also noticed he used her full name, which he never did unless being polite, but didn't bring it up. The situation didn't sit right with her, and it wasn't the baby making her insides do acrobatics.
"That is the promotion. I guess Camille's hosting the LRS party for the HeadBangers Tour. It’s all musicians but no real center piece, you don't have to worry."
“ Right, don't worry about 'Ms. Gets-em-Hard-Keeps-em-Coming' and an open bar to boot. Sure, Gerard, it’s not like you don’t have a drinking problem and no place to be there." She snapped. Calyx awkwardly slid to the edge of the bed and tried to stand but he caught her arm. During their argument, the others left and she desired to find Mikey. She was fed up with the conversion.
“Caly, please-"
"Don't touch me. Go to London, watch yourself over there and not just for my sake."
“ Cal-" She made it to the door, turned her back and held it open to the hallway between them.
“I’m done arguing this, Gerard. Enjoy your trip; we’ll see you in a few days." And with that she slammed the door, making her point and severing the conversation with finality. Gerard stayed behind on the bed, head hung in frustration and a feeling of loss in the pit of his stomach.
Sign up to rate and review this story