Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Kiss Me Deadly

Careless Whisper

by Artficial_Sunshine 0 reviews

- Sakura reflects on a failed mission from the past, and the repercussions she must face because of it. [mild SakuNaru scene, reference to abortion]

Category: Naruto - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Characters: Sakura, Sasuke - Warnings: [R] - Published: 2006-05-20 - Updated: 2006-05-21 - 684 words

1Ambiance
Kiss Me Deadly

[A/N: Though not graphically, this fic deals with the issue of abortion, so if you are offended, I apologize in advance]


Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter One: Careless Whisper



Sakura couldn't begin to describe the feeling plaguing her body, the emptiness making it's way through her very core. Guilt churned her insides, tying her stomach in knots. At last Sakura leaned over and heaved, the acidic vile leaving an aftertaste that loomed in her mouth for a good few minutes.

"Are you ok?" Getting up off her knees, Sakura acknowledged her teammate Naruto. "I can deal." She had to. Sakura was too strong to let the furies of the past destroy her life. Everyone makes mistakes, even murder.

"I know. We all can."

He was right. They were both trained by the best of the best, sanin ninjas Tsunade and Jiyara. They could easily take on whatever dared to cross their paths.

But then again, so was he.

With her eyes glazed with tears, Sakura dug her nails deep into her thighs. She felt dirty, disgusting; and not because she revisited breakfast.

"We're heading out at sunrise, so I'd try to get some sleep." Sighing, Sakura brought her knees to her chest. No, she couldn't sleep, too many thoughts.

She could still feel the sensation of his hands on her back, the taste of his lips at her mouth, the way he said her name...

"Sakura..."

"Sakura!" Naruto shook Sakura's arm, violently snapping her back into reality. "Sakura, this is the sixth time I've caught you zoning out during this mission, and we haven't even officially started yet. If whatever is bothering you causes you to become a liability to the team, then I will have to take you off this assignment..."

Naruto stopped his rant when he caught a glimpse of Sakura's eyes. The usually lively, green orbs were now dead cold, giving off an unreadable expression. Unknown to Naruto was that Sakura's mind was racing, attempting to confirm her actions from long ago.

"Everyone makes mistakes, right?"

"Sakura, is this about..." He wanted to ask her, but Naruto just couldn't bring himself to say the words. Some things from the past are just too taboo to ever revisit, let alone mention.

"Naruto...I.." Sakura drew her hands to her stomach and let out a soft, muffled cry.

"I...killed it."

Naruto's mouth parted and he attempted to find the right words to comfort her. "Sakura, it's alright, don't cry...please."

"I ruined his dream. I killed it." Her eyes glazed but Sakura quickly wiped away the tears; after all, a good shinobi shoes no emotion.

Naruto had no explanation for what he did next, leaning down and kissing her. Looking up at Naruto Sakura no longer felt guilty, but comforted. The kiss itself wasn't filled with lust or passion, but understanding, Naruto's own way of telling her everything was going to be alright.

Pulling back Naruto took another look at Sakura's eyes. The emerald orbs reflected his own cerulean eyes with a nice glow. No longer dead, her eyes dilated as the evening light slowly dimmed.

"I should go..." Naruto released Sakura from his grip, and as she watched him leave the room each second that passed by played like frame in her mind.

Though hard to admit, Sakura liked the way Naruto could make her forget all the mistakes, even if it is only for a few moments. But even forgetting the mistakes could never replenish the part of her soul that is gone.

In Sakura's mind what she did was as equal as killing someone on a mission with a kunai, maybe even worse. At the time it didn't sound like murder, but neither does "A rank mission." Talking about missions Sakura wasn't too keen on the one she was currently on, but it would all be over soon enough.

They always were.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reviews make me happy

A/N:

I posted this originally over on FF.net, but I felt that I was restricted creatively , so I decided to post it on here uncensored.
Sign up to rate and review this story