Categories > Celebrities > Guns n' Roses > INVISIBLE

Epilogue

by xXUchihaxHanaXx 3 reviews

Izzy comes home from the hospital, but even if he's recovering well, he has sleeping problems...

Category: Guns n' Roses - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2011-04-21 - Updated: 2011-04-21 - 844 words - Complete

3Moving
When Izzy came back from the hospital, Steven was the first to greet him, running out of his bed at the news and glomping the rhythm guitarist to the ground, and not letting go for some time. In a few days, the drummer was feeling better from his own sick state, and was all bright and happy again. The situation was explained and things seemed better… but Izzy still couldn't sleep.

He didn't know why, this time, for after all the talk with the others and Duff's support, he was feeling much better and not as unstable as before, there wasn't anything torturing his mind to keep him awake. Also, at the hospital he'd been sleeping well, and now he could eat again, it just didn't make sense because he knew it wasn't his body being unused to sleep.

As he sat in bed that night, his mind went over all the possibilities. Finally, one thing clicked and a blush immediately came over his face. That was the only possible explanation, of course, and considering all things… well, he should get proper sleep, that was needed for his recovery, so waiting for it to go away wouldn't help. Also, given his heartbeat as he thought of this, it wouldn't go away anytime soon.

"Fucking great." He whined, sinking down into his bed with the blush still on his face. It was one of those moments when half of you want to do something so terribly badly but the other is too shy and afraid to do it, and or you move at once or you don't, at all. You may be the less innocent person ever, but trust me, on at least one occasion you'll feel shy about something. And Izzy had been through a lot, he was nowhere near what you call innocent, but this time things were different.

After a few hours of thinking as the time ran deeper into the night and closer to the next day, he stood, catching his breath as he tiptoed towards another room of the house, slowly opening the door and peeking inside, finding the light on and the owner of the room sitting on the floor, reading.

"What are you doing up?" Asked Izzy, arching an eyebrow and tilting his head, trying to ignore the blush that returned to his face. Now he had to explain being in Duff's room at who-knows-what time when he should have been sleeping…

"Could ask the same." The bassist smiled, setting down the book and standing, stretching slightly. "You should be resting to recover, Iz."

"Well, eh…" And here is the part where Izzy's completely at a loss of words, trying to find out how to explain to Duff that he couldn't sleep without him. "I can't sleep…? I mean, I guess, it's uh… at the hospital… I got used to sleeping… with you holding me… and I can't sleep alone now, I don't know, it's just…" He looked down, biting his lip and blushing again, wondering if he could run away now.

"That's easy to solve." The bassist grinned, sitting on the bed and motioning for Izzy to come closer, pulling him onto his lap once he was close enough. "I was reading books on reading people, and hit me if I'm wrong, but…" He put a hand under the guitarist's chin, lifting his head up and kissing him gently, catching him completely by surprise. It took a moment to unfreeze, but Izzy kissed back, wrapping his arms around Duff's neck.

"Your books… seem to be right…" The guitarist smiled softly, snuggling close and hiding his face in the other's chest. "But if everyone keeps giving me too much attention from now on, I'll regret no longer being invisible." He pointed out, chuckling softly.

"But I want to shower you with attention, since the moment you say the next 'yes' I'll have you as my boyfriend." Duff kissed his forehead, smiling back and pulling him closer, arms around Izzy's waist. "And you were never invisible, you just thought you were."

"Okay, so yes." Izzy nodded, yawning softly and blushing, chuckling for a moment. "Sorry. And if you say so…"

The bassist grinned, lying down and bringing Izzy with him, pulling the sheets over them both. "Don't apologize, you have to rest to get better~ and I'll watch over your sleep until I feel tired." Duff moved around a bit to get both of them comfortable, feeling the smaller man's head resting on his chest and a soft hum of approval coming from him.

Before Izzy could reply, the now familiar warmth of the bassist's arms and the happy feeling from the news of being Duff's boyfriend sinking into his brain made him drift off into a peaceful sleep, which would probably bring more questions in the morning since Steven insisted on waking him up every day at ten to make sure he was okay. But at least things were better for Mr. Izzy Invisible Stradlin', as some would call him… but he was just camouflaged, not actually invisible.
Sign up to rate and review this story