Categories > Original > Romance > Unexpected

Chapter 4

by doyleangel 0 reviews

What happened to Jared?

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Humor,Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2011-04-27 - Updated: 2011-04-28 - 610 words

0Unrated


CHAPTER 4



/Katie's POV/



Katie scrambled over to where Jared was laying. A million things were running through her mind. He was just lying there, not moving. What if he was seriously hurt?



"Jared? Jared. Can you hear me?"She heard him groan when she touched his arm. Relief washed through her as he opened his eyes. He reached into his right pocket and pulled out a cell phone. He turned his head towards her.



"Hey, do me a favor," he told her.



At that moment, Katie would have done just about anything. "What is it? You name it, I'll do it."



Jared turned to look at the attacker to make sure he was still unconscious. Then he turned back to Katie and handed her the cell phone. "Call the police and an ambulance."



By the time the police and ambulance got there, Katie had taken a sleeve of her shirt and wrapped it around Jared's arm. It turned out that Jared had a pretty mean right hook because the attacker didn't wake up until the police were handcuffing him.



Katie watched with relief as the police took him away in a cop car. She turned back to Jared who was being taken care of by the paramedics. She couldn't believe what had happened that night, especially the fact that Jared had saved her. Maybe she was wrong about him. Not only had he stopped a guy from raping her, but he had also taken a knife for her. Him, this guy who had always treated her as a thing, an employee instead of a person. Then again, he didn't seem like the type of guy to walk away from someone in trouble.



She was too tired to sort it all out right then, so she just left it for later. When the paramedics were done fixing Jared's arm, she walked over and sat down next to him.



"Hey," she smiled.



"Hey back."



"Listen, Jared, I want to thank you so much for what you did, and say how sorry I am about your arm. It looked like it really hurt."



He looked at her and gave her a half smile."Your welcome and it's not as bad as it looks. I promise."



He then moved to get up, and when he winced in pain, Katie went to help him.





/Jared's POV/



He was crazy. He was completely out of his mind. He had just been stabbed in the arm, yet when Katie touched him, he experienced a sense of want for this woman. A woman who he never allowed himself to feel anything for. It was the painkillers. Drugs could do strange things to aperson.



"So," he said after he was finally standing."What were you doing out here anyway?"



"I was walking home. I always walk home after work. I live on 8th St. What were you doing out here?"



"My brother needed to borrow my car tonight so Iwas walking home too. I live a couple streets down from you on 6th. It's a good thing I had to walk home tonight, huh?"



She looked at the ground before she answered."Yeah, I guess so."



He cupped his hand under her chin and tilted her head up so that he could look into her eyes. "Listen, it's all over now. You're safe. I'm not gonna let anyone hurt you."



Tears started to fill her eyes and he took her hand in his. "Come on, I'll walk you home."





I just want to say thank you to everyone reading this story. I won't write a long note, just please rate and review and subscribe if you like it. Thanks!!**
Sign up to rate and review this story