Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Dear Agony

Shut Your Mouth and Open Your Eyes

by IsisBane 2 reviews

This chapter may or may not be changed... not too sure yet.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2011-04-30 - Updated: 2011-04-30 - 1306 words - Complete

5Ambiance
Well, this probably isn't the chapter you were expecting. But I had the most hilarious/awesome idea while sitting in my backyard and I thought I might as well get a head start on it. The chapter with Gerard and Cadence should be posted shortly, or as soon as I've perfected it.


I spun my head around to stare at my best friend. "Montgomery Scott, are you insane? There is no way in hell I am suggesting that to my mom."

Monty shrugged and leaned back against the oak tree in the park. "It's only for a few weeks", she said, as if she hadn't heard what I had just said. She smirked and looked up at me. "Plus, it'll get you away from little Frankie for a while..."

I blinked, finding that little piece of information quite tantalizing. I sighed quietly. "Would you go with me? I mean, just to have someone I actually know around."

She shook her head, chuckling. "No, you need to get out more. And having me tag along isn't going to do anything. Besides, summer camp isn't my type of scene."

And yet, I'm supposed to go and enjoy myself? That's truly laughable. I sat up, trying to look as defiant as possible. "Well then maybe I won't even think about it. After all, you did say it's only for a few weeks.”

Monty shot me a look. “I'm not the one who spends the entire summer locked up in her room.”

I matched her tone of voice, just to mock her. “And I'm not the one who does absolutely nothing all summer.”

She narrowed her eyes and stared at me in complete silence. I couldn't read her expression, so I just waited for her to speak. It wasn't as if she could insult me any further. Insinuating that I was dull enough to have my mother ship me off to summer camp just so I could have a bunch of ill-mannered morons disturb my solitude and possibly even read my notebook was the biggest insult she could even throw at me. I have never been dull, I'm just quiet. And even though it would get me away from Frank, I'm sure there would be guys that were worse than him (if that's even possible...).

Monty sighed, sitting up. “Fine. If your mom decides to send you, then I'll convince my parents to send me. But need I remind you about your cousin? She goes to camp every year.”

I nodded. “I know. But if we're lucky, she won't be there.”

Montgomery bit her lip and snickered. “Not be there? I don't think so. Cadence, you can dream. But it's just gonna turn into a nightmare.”


*


I locked myself in my room that night, tired and confused. I didn't really want to leave home. My dad took a lot of time off during the summer, just so he could spend time with me. I missed him a lot, and I only got to see him occasionally. So summer wasn't the best time to go.

I kicked my shoes off, sending them flying into the middle of the room. I heard a car door slam outside, and I figured Kevin had dropped my mom off. I ignored it and went to my closet. I started rummaging through my clothes and finally decided on an oversized sweatshirt Monty gave me last year.

As soon as the front door opened, I went on high alert. The last thing I wanted was to talk to my mom, especially about camp. The thought scared me. But I couldn't worry about things like summer camp at the moment. I guessed my mom was in the kitchen by now, getting ready to make her way upstairs to my room.

I quickly peeled off my band tee and slid my arms inside the sweatshirt. I barely had time to pull it down over me when I heard her climbing the stairs. I made a flying jump across my room and landed on my bed. I froze when I remembered my door was locked. She was almost to my room, and I didn't think I could make it in time to unlock my door quietly and turn off my light.

I bit my lip and quickly (but silently) ran to my door, pressing the little button next to the knob to unlock it. As soon as I turned my light off, the handle turned.

My mom took a step in my room and glanced around. “Cadence, I know you're awake”, she said, her tone of voice indicating that she had been drinking a little. But not enough to tell that her daughter is desperately trying to sleep (as if...).

I rolled over on my bed and stared at her. “I didn't notice you were home”, I said, trying not to sound too much like an innocent child.

She nodded and met my eyes. “Do you mind if I come in for a while?”

I groaned inwardly and turned on my lamp. “Fine...”

She walked across my room and sat down on the edge of my bed. “Is everything alright? You sound so hostile”, she said gently.

I stared into the darkness outside my window. “Everything's just perfect”, I mumbled.

My mom smiled weakly, knowing there was more. I would feel sorry for her if she actually deserved it. “I was just wondering”, she whispered, her voice wavering a bit. “Can I get you anything?”

I almost said 'no', then remembered my talk with Monty. I tilted my head to the side a bit, still looking out into the bleak night. “Do you think I could go to summer camp? There's only a week left for admission, and I'd just be gone the last week of June and most of July.”

Out of the corner of my eye I could see her wince. I knew she didn't want me to leave her. Even though she wouldn't be home, she still wanted the feeling of having someone around. Well, that's what her boyfriend's for.

She looked up in surprise. “Cadence. this is so sudden. What about your father? You won't get to see him."

I bit my lip to control my emotions. There was no fucking way that I was going to let on that I really would give anything to see my dad. I took a deep breath. "I'll see him a few times. Plus I'll make up for it on the holidays. I just want to get out of here", I said, clenching my fists visibly.

She looked away from me. She didn't say anything. I knew I'd struck a nerve.

I sighed impatiently. "Well? Yes or no?"

She cleared her throat. "If you want to go, I'll let you. There's nothing here for you anyway.”

I nodded and decided not to drag this on. “Thanks. I'll let you know more about it tomorrow”, I said, pausing for a moment. “Goodnight, mom”, I added coldly.

She stood. “Goodnight”, she said quietly. She silently exited my room, closing the door behind her.

Even though I knew what I had just done, I couldn't help feeling satisfied. Now I wasn't the only one who was hurting. And that helped. But I couldn't help but think it would be so long until I saw my dad. He'd be home in two weeks, and then I wouldn't see him again until the end of summer.

I'd still have Monty, of course. And my cousin. But nothing could compare to having my dad back.


I was not anticipating feeling guilty while writing this... kind of made me rethink being such a bitch to my mom :P Well, I know this was short, but the next chapter will be longer, of course. I'm in the middle of writing it, so it should be finished soon.
Sign up to rate and review this story