Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Kids from Yesterday: Klash with Korse

Heart Full of Napalm

by AirCATX 0 reviews

Party Poison and Fun Ghoul stop into the lair to follow a lead

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2011-05-03 - Updated: 2011-05-03 - 2186 words

0Unrated
Several seasons ago...

It was grotesque but humorous to say the least. Party Poison encountered more horrific scenes on the dunes, but at least this display had a sense of artistry as sick as it was. Fun Ghoul and he approached the grisly arrangement with guns drawn; they had seen this before, the bodies of Draculoid's strung up together with twine in various positions.

The bodies smelled dead roughly two days, and long since deserted. Anything worth stripping was taken or destroyed, leaving behind what could be interpreted as an installment of modern art at the base of a Better Living billboard. Party Poison holstered his gun, and pulled out his switchblade less than gingerly cutting the corpses free. They collapsed in a heap. He and Fun Ghoul straightened their limbs and checked the clothing.

“No identification, whoever killed them cleaned shop afterward. Check it out," Fun Ghoul flipped the back of the mask off to reveal the back of neck was skinned and the putrid wound fostered with larvae. He brushed the maggots clean with his blade. "They must've taken the barcodes for proof. How many is this?"

Party Poison backed away from the bodies and lowered his bandana but kept his goggles affixed it was a particularly harsh day for the fallout. He held up three fingers, brushed the dust from his mouth and reafixed his mask.

“Well, I'm sure it’s someone working alone, maybe a pair at most, but they can't be Rebels. It seems too specific."

“ Come on, let's move on. It ain't us, so who else would have such a vendetta against Drac’s? That shits vicious, you can't say that it’s self defense." They left everything they found and slid through the windows of the busted Trans Am.

"No, that's a message to somebody, probably Korse."

“ Does Dr. D have anything to say about these sculptures? He's the man of messages, right?" Party Poison ignited with engine with a guttural roar, and jumped to 60 within seconds, without roads there was no need for rules. He simply pointed the nose east away from the Epicenter and Battery City.

“Well, he's on the way out. Let's intercept him for a chat." Without a map there was no way to find yourself, but without having been to Dr. Death Defying's broadcast lair, which only a rare few had, it was even more impossible. Party Poison didn't need directions, but once within 5 miles he tuned in and followed the signal strength.

#Ride in motor babies, god speed to you. Got those devilish Killjoys on my wheels, I’ll be pumpin' this here clear to your ears rock and rollers. Watch your rears, that's Dr. D out. # Before they were even in sight of the camouflaged hill that opened to an underground garage, a colorful individual in polka dotted tights and roller-skates emerged from seemingly nowhere and opened the door. Rounding the mound, Party Poison prepared for the mirage to shift by decelerating to a crawl and watched the shimmering ocean disappear to reveal a shallow cave where he steered the Trans Am.

Show Pony closed the door behind them, completing the illusion outside of endless desert. Inside, Party Poison slid out of the car hissing and popping while it rested. Removing his goggles, his eyes readjusted to the darkness and removed his clothing piece by piece, characteristic blue leather jacket, gloves and goggles.

“ Why hello boys." Show Pony blocked the doorway, posing seductively and playfully tugging at the hem of Party Poisons shirt.

“Good to see you, doll. Where's the mastermind?" He leaned in and kissed his cheek which earned him passage, but Show Pony trapped Fun Ghoul with his leg once he passed.

"You don't get away as easily, cutie." Party Poison laughed cruelly but continued into the hollowed cave, and left Fun Ghoul to fight off his tormentor.

The lair was a converted bunker, bomb safe, and a cool underground fortress. Dr. Death Defying lost the use of his legs years ago, so for his protection needed the safest base to operate from and installed a powerful transistor that produced a radio signal spanning miles, even reaching Battery City.

Compared to the Killjoys, the increasing population of rebels and rogue terrorists fighting B.L./ind control Dr. Death Defying was the most dangerous because he was the voice of the resistance. In addition to black-listed music, famous speeches from past revolutionaries, and other subversive messages he could circulate over his pirate radio, Dr. Death Defying also routinely hacked information and kept tabs, updates on movement, and even mission statements. He was the only accurate source who reported deaths as well as dispelled rumors; he was the Bossley to all the fallen angels in the dunes.

Party Poison knocked on the door panel to Dr. Death Defying’s main room and office.

“Come on in, kid. I've been expecting you." Upon entering, he made sure to high step the stacks of magazines, books and folders complete records on every bit if information connected to BL/ind their share holders, employees and their families. Clutter didn't encompass the madness because every page was accounted for.

Dr. Death Defying himself was a relic. In an age where only purely indoctrinated individuals saw past thirty, he was the oldest man in the resistance, but that didn't mean his spirit wasn't still young. A veteran of Iraq, Afghanistan, and Korea he had a military insight to business and treated their fight against Korse like an insurgency. It was he who rallied the first rebels together and even trained the Killjoys themselves in weaponry, but his greatest contribution by far was the ideal, that you only live in the lights you make. It would be hard to guess that the so called Father of the resistance was a scrub old veteran rolling around in a little rascal.

“How’s it going D, still fightin' the good fight?" He scratched at his heavy black beard and chuckled heartily.

"Course I ams, I haven’t heard much along the grapevines. What have you Killjoys been up to? Still hiding out in that run down diner?" Party Poison gaped playfully, but he didn't put it past Dr. D to know their hideouts as long as he was the only one. He leaned back in the rickety chair to kick his boots onto the desk.

"D you know we've been patching up after that last clap you threw us into. Lady and Kobra were pretty banged up. He took a blast to the shoulder. And I can't tell you how long it took to find a proper tire to fit those old rims. That was a close call, even by my standards."

“ Pfft, just a nice shave to keep you clean. I had your back if you needed it; I got the cavalry on frequency." Party Poison locked his hands behind his head and kicked over a stack of SHINY magazines, a new age nudey mag with prosthetic woman, flipping pages with his boot heel.

“ Speaking of your frequency, have you heard anything bout who might be stringin' up these Drac’s around the desert?"

“ What are you talking bout?" Dr. Death Defying leaned forward listening intently. It was difficult to judge what his aviators focused on, but it was clear now he was paying attention.

“Ghoul and I came across our forth arrangement of bodies. It's definitely a message, but who's fightin’ for revenge like that? We got nothing, what do you got?" He was actually surprised when he shrugged and sat back in his scooter.

“Just as much, heard some funny shit out there about some sick son of a bitch but it wasn't the same MO, but you're right it’s a message. You find out who it is send em my way won't you?" Party Poison looked up from the magazine and plopped his chair on all fours.

“What for? That a mission?" He laughed heartily which sounded like an engine chugging to life.

“Don’t get ghosted running around lookin' for some freak that plays with corpses, that's your mission, but keep your ears clean. Now get out of here, I got a show to do. Grab something to eat from Pony if he's not busy with Ghoul." As he left, Dr. Death slid his homemade pair of headphones and greeted the pirate waves with his moniker, look alive sunshine. Walking through the lair, he followed the muffled sounds of struggle coming from the makeshift kitchen. Subjecting Fun Ghoul to Show Pony's advances was always worth a laugh, and he found him trapped between the cupboard and table, trying to keep Show Pony from pushing him onto his back.

“ Maybe I should give you guys another minute."

“ You son of a bitch-" Show Pony pressed a feminine finger to his lips which made him recoil back, clenching his eyes shut.

“Feisty kitten, always with the claws." Fun Ghoul didn't move an inch even when he planted a small kiss on his cheek. He let out a school girl squeal when his victim cringed.

“Got anything good for us? D said we could load up." It was the codeword that made Show Pony quit his game, get to business, if a flamboyant man on roller-skates, and glitter under his eyes could take anything seriously. Party Poison slid in the booth next to Fun Ghoul, who rubbed anxiously where the kiss burned, and checked his coordinates on a homemade map which detailed safe zones, BL routes and hot zones, as well as the territory of other rogues in the area. Show Pony loaded several cans of energy meal, or Power Pup, into a sack along with condensed milk and a small canister of dried fish, unfortunately in the dunes food was scarce.

“ What did the good doctor say?"

"He didn't have shit for once in our lives." Fun Ghoul balked.

“No fucking way, he's got tabs on even the devil himself!"

“ Who are you talking about?" Show Pony asked sliding in across from the men, his eyes literally glittering about gossip.

“We came across another 'piece' by whoever’s stringing up these Draculoids."

“ Oh," he giggled. "Them."

"Do you know who it is?" Fun Ghoul asked incredulously.

“You’re lucky I don't because I would sure make you work for it." Party Poison couldn't help laughing at the expression of embarrassment on Fun Ghoul's red face when Show Pony idly drew on his knuckles through his riding gloves. They all knew it was just a game, but one Fun Ghoul couldn't bring himself to play along with, it just turned him red. "But I am sure the message isn't for who you think it is." Now he had a real piece of information. Party Poison quickly folded up his map, ready to spring into action.

"Who's it for then?"

“ Who else but Death himself?" Both men now balked in unison

"Someone's trying to get D's attention by stringing up a bunch of suits? That's one hell of a 'Hey, what going on?'."

“ Yeah, well they could be anybody, obviously trained, and pissed off."

“ But does it mean they're on our side or not? Why don't they come forward, make themselves known?" Show Pony made a gesture of shrugging his delicate shoulders.

“Who knows shortcake?" Fun Ghoul glared devilishly.

“Taunt me, kiss me if you must, but don't call me shortcake."

“ I'll keep that in mind" His mischievous smile didn't put Fun Ghoul at ease. It was like he gave away his ticklish spot, which Show Pony already found, but he despised that nickname.

“ Well, we should dust it before dark. Thanks for the duds Pony. Give Dr. D our love." The men took their sack and were led to the garage where they saddle up their jackets and gear. Even at night, disguise protected against the dust as well as an ambush.

Show Pony gave them each a heartfelt hug before they slid into the car, with Fun Ghoul he even stole a squeeze, but when the door opened it was silence besides the chug of Lady’s engine coming to life. Following the course planned earlier, Party Poison set the compass on the dash due Southwest into the reddening sunset. It had to be said, despite the obvious dangers of fallout; the sunsets in California over the last ten years were the most splendid ever remembered.

Once clear of the red zone which Dr. Death Defying rigged around the compound, they turned on the radio scanning for his frequency. Better Living of course played serene background music behind a reading of the company's mantra. Most of the airwaves were filled with static, but Dr. Death Defying compensated by giving lessons in music that would never die, beginning with subversive rock MC5 and Iggy and the Stooges for the evening. As the infamous Killjoys burned rubber into the night, they sang aloud to Search & Destroy.


"I'm a street walking cheetah with a heart full of napalm,
I'm a runaway son of the nuclear a-bomb,
I am a world's forgotten boy,
The one who searches and destroys,"
Sign up to rate and review this story