Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Just Think Happy Thoughts

Prologue

by mental_escapist 2 reviews

Gerard has too many problems to deal with on his own. Will the events that occur in the next month save or destroy him?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] [X] [?] - Published: 2011-04-02 - Updated: 2011-05-04 - 806 words

2Ambiance
WARNING: This story contains LOTS of language so if that offends you, you probably shouldn't read. It also takes place before MCR was formed, so before 9/11. I may have given Gerard more problems than he had at the time but it's all for literary purposes. I do not own any of the members of MCR and the events that take place are fictional. Enjoy!

"I'm so sorry. I really tried to clean up this time..." he sputtered into his phone, sitting on the floor of kitchen in the apartment that he'd once shared with the love of his life. "Don't leave me. Please..."

"Gerard, how many times do I need to fucking go over this with you?" his girlfriend cried into her end, her voice shaking with emotion. "You promised me that you'd stop all the drugs three years ago. Do you know how much shit I've gone through to make sure Mikey doesn't find out you haven't cleaned up? To keep the landlord from evicting us? To make sure the fucking police don't show up at our door one night?" She stopped and took a shuddering breath. "Gee, I'm so sorry. I really do love you. But I can't take this anymore. I've already packed everything of mine and I'm going to go stay at my mom's house. I love you..." Her voice trailed off and she hung up.

"Lizzie...don't leave me," Gerard whispered into the dead line. Realizing that she was gone again, he dropped the cell phone and slumped against the wall, closing his eyes.

When he woke up again, it was dark outside. It had been six in the evening when Lizzie had called to tell him she was leaving again, so it was at least nine at night now. I need Mikey... he thought, searching in the darkness for his cell. When he finally found it, he speed dialed his younger brother.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Mikes..." Gerard muttered, barely audible.

"Gerard, what happened?" Mikey asked.

"Lizzie left me," the older brother answered. "I think it's for good this time."

"Okay. Gee, don't do anything. I'll leave right now." Mikey hung up the phone.

I don't know what I'd do without Mikes... Gerard thought, putting his phone back on the ground and somehow managing to drag himself up to a standing position. Without thinking, he managed to walk into the kitchen and grab a beer from the fridge. I shouldn't drink this... Gerard sat on the ground again, nursing his drink and going over his past again.

"Liz, I love you. You know that, right, baby?'
"Yes, Gee. I love you, too."

"Gee, what if we're pregnant? I...we can't do this. We're only 16!"
"I fucking know that! Do you think I don't understand you?"
"Gee, don't! GERARD, STOP!"

"I'm so sorry Lizzie...I didn't mean to...I was scared..."
"Gerard, you were fucking high and hit me! I don't care that I'm not actually pregnant, but how can I trust you? Why should I bother taking you back?"
"I'll never do it again, I swear to God. Please Lizzie, you need to listen to me. I love you so much."

"Gerard, it's been a year since you said you'd stop taking drugs and you haven't yet! Are you ever going to?"
"Yes, trust me, Liz. I just need time..."


"Gerard? Gerard, open the door!"

"Open!" the black haired man yelled drunkenly. In the half hour that his brother had taken to drive to his apartment, Gerard had downed an entire six pack of beer and was starting on his seventh bottle.

"Where are you? Gee-oh my God. Gerard, what did you do?" Mikey sighed, beginning to cry a little bit. He'd seen his brother like this before, but not in at least a year. I thought he'd cleaned up...

"I don' like pain, Mikes...di'n't you know that? I thought you knew that..." Gerard slurred, dropping the nearly full bottle of beer and shattering it against the ground.

"Okay, Gee, I'm gonna take you to your bed and then clean up. I'll stay the night, okay? Then you can tell me everything that happened," Mikey told his brother as he picked the black haired man up and tried to carry him over to the bedroom, even though he knew Gerard wouldn't remember anything in the morning.

"Mmkay, Mikes...I love you, Mikey," Gerard grinned up at his brother.

"I love you too, Gerard," Mikey whispered, finally letting his tears out. If he couldn't look up to his big brother, who could he look up to?

Sooo did you like it? This is my first fanfic that I've been willing to put online so I don't know if it's good or not. R&R please? I'll love you forever! :) If this gets good reviews, I'll keep posting the chapters.

xo Allie
Sign up to rate and review this story