Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Forbidden Game - The Chase

Prom

by MCR_Vampire_321 0 reviews

The boys go to prom to get their minds off things.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Horror - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2011-05-08 - Updated: 2011-05-08 - 824 words

0Unrated
I didn't bother telling Bob about the weird phone calls. I was sick of him telling me it was all in my imagination. After what happened in the game, I was starting to believe in so many more things than I would've before. I thought of telling Mikey but I didn't wanna scare him, so I didn't. I would've definently told Frank but he was still avoiding me. And I couldn't be bothered to go searching for him...
Mikey kept suggesting we go talk to the little girl. But even if she did have proof, I didn't want to see it.

"So," Bob said "Who are you going to prom with?"
"I'm not going." Mikey replied sourly "Everyone that's not you two is avoiding me. All because of what they've read in the papers. And someone heard about us going on about the game and now they think I'm a right weirdo."
"Well, I was going to go with Frank..." I didn't need to finish my sentence.
Bob shrugged "Well, I was going to go with Ray. Things change Gerard."
"It's not my fault your boyfriend died," I hissed "It's Berts, alright?"
"Did I say it was your fault?" Bob snapped "I'm just saying, maybe prom will take our minds off things for now!"
"I highly doubt that," I replied sulkily.
"Well, who exactly am I going to go with?" Mikey asked "Like I just told you, nobody wants to go with me."
"Oh, someone'll say yes." Bob narrowed his eyes at me "And maybe you should go talk to Frank. At least you can still say you can talk to your boyfriend."
I rolled my eyes and pulled out my phone. I text Frank - will u plz go 2 prom wiv me? x
Much to my surpise, he text back saying that he'd love to. I told this to Bob who nodded at me.
"Well I'm going with Jackie Davies." He replied.
"Seriously?" I asked, raising my eye-brows "Kind of insane, short black hair...?"
"Yeah, that's who I'm on about." Bob shrugged "With Ray gone, I figured, why not?"
Mikey got up and walked away. "What got into him?" I asked.
Bob shrugged again and suggested "Maybe he's still upset about not having a date to the prom? I don't know."

"It's all sorted!" Mikey said proudly, walking into the living room while I was watching Antiques Road Show. I'd lost the remote.
"What's all sorted?" I asked, pretending to care. Just lately I didn't care about a lot of things I used to care about all the time. Like school work for example. The teachers kept saying I was very close to a phone call home. Like I cared.
"I've got a date to prom!" Mikey smiled "Now we're all sorted!"
"Mikey," I started "This isn't going to solve all our problems. You do know that, right?"
"Yeah," He replied, frowning "Ray will still be dead, Frank will probably stay away from you again... And we'll still be worried about Bert coming back for you. It's just a little distraction Gerard, there's no harm in that, is there?"
"No," I replied. He was about to leave before I asked "Mikey?" He turned to look at me "Where the hell is the remote?"

I met Frank outside the school hall "Are you sure about this?" Frank asked. It was the first thing he had said to me in about three weeks "We could just go home and talk? Or watch a movie or something?"
The offer was tempting, but I wanted to get this out of the way "No, we're doing this Frank. We promised Mikey and Bob."
We walked into the school hall. Bob waved us over. He was standing next to Jackie who smiled eagerly at us. I glanced at Mikey who had his arm round a small girl called Cheyenne Donlevy who smiled carefully at him.
Suddenly, someone I had never seen before appeared next to me. He smiled at Frank and asked "Do you mind if I dance with your boyfriend?"
Frank shrugged "If it's okay with him."
The strange boy didn't wait for my reply, just took my hand and pulled me onto the dance floor. He put two hands on my waist and I put mine on his shoulders.
We danced to three songs together, before he grabbed my hand and pulled me outside. He turned to look at me "Gerard, I'm in love with you. What do you see in Frank? He's been avoiding you!"
"I just love him and..." I stopped and asked "Excuse me, but how do you know all this? How do you even know my name, I've never spoken to you in my life!"
Suddenly his disguise melted away, and I was left with Bert. He was holding my arm like he'd never let go.
He smiled his scary smile before asking "Did you really think I'd let you go that easily?"
Sign up to rate and review this story