Categories > Original > Fantasy > Lions and Lambs

Lions and Lambs

by RosieBee 0 reviews

A story about Vampires, and the troubled lives they live.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: R - Genres: Fantasy - Warnings: [V] [X] - Published: 2011-04-26 - Updated: 2011-04-26 - 675 words

0Unrated
Danielle Davis
I was eighteen when I turned. Full of love, full of hope, but that all changed, the day I met, Riley Pierce.

1944- England

My Dear Danielle,
I Just arrived, I wish I could tell you where I was, but I'm afraid that is impossible. But I can tell you one thing, it is not a place I wish to be. It is home to some of the biggest horrors the world has ever seen,but it has made me certain of one thing. When I arrive home, safely into your arms, I will marry you. And buy us a home in the country, away from the evils of the world. I love you Danielle, and I want you to always know that.

The rest of the letter was just as sweet. But, I couldn't help but re-read that part. He wanted to marry me, my sweet William, the handsome soilder, wanted me. It is amazing to think, that soon, I will be Mrs. William Carter, the woman to have his children, and the woman to tend to him. Me. Not anyone else, for the rest of our lives. I loved getting letters from William, they reminded me of our love, and of how much he cared about me. Today's letter was beautiful, but it made me sad to think Will couldn't tell me where he was.

After reading my letter for the hundreth time, I decided to visit Eliza. She would be home, and it was only just noon, so I had plenty of time to get home by curfew. I packed a scone in case I got hungry and off I went, to see my eldest sister.

Eliza had married about three years back, and had a little daughter named Bethany. Her husband was a captain, and was serving on the Western Front. She was beautiful, Eliza, but everyone in town knew that. Our whole family was good looking. But Eliza stood out. She was born with thick black hair, that she styled like a movie star, and her skin was the classic Davis ivory. But what really set her off, were her large, blue eyes. The rest of us all share the same brown hair, brown eyes inherited from Mama, whereas Eliza got her looks from out father.

As soon I as arrived, she came out running, Bethany in tow.
"Dani!" She yelled, as she pulled me into a hug, "It's so nice of you to come see us!"
I had to smile at my sister, she was always so open and welcoming, it was impossible to not want to go visit.
"I'm glad I came Liza, how have you been?"
"Good, good, but very busy, keeping up with Bethy, and then theres all that knitting to do" she held the door open and ushered me inside. "I just put the kettle on, if you want a cup of tea?"
I nodded in acceptance, there was nothing better than tea and biscuits with Eliza, her home was so comforting, it felt like you were wrapped in a blanket of warmth.
"Have you heard anything from Richard?"
Eliza stood still for a moment, before reaching down and pulling out a letter. It was from Richard, and I could tell it was contained bad news.
"His friend, Charles Brown, died yesterday, he was shot by a stray bullet, so sad, he was such a good man, did you ever meet him? Oh, yes, of course you did, at Mama and Daddy's christmas party a few years back, remember?"
I did. And so, unfortunately did Charlotte, my other older sister, who had been writing to him ever since. I knew I had to tell her, but I didn't think Eliza would approve, especially right now when she was in obvious grief over it.

I left at about three, walking through the town square on the way home. It was there I saw him. Riley. Staring out of the local hotel's window. And I could swear, that he smiled when he looked at me.
Sign up to rate and review this story