Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

The escape

by Mistaken-Vampire 1 review

Trapped in BLind how would you escape?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-05-11 - Updated: 2011-05-11 - 2167 words - Complete

0TrainWreck
I had to flick my long black hair out of my face. As I did that I felt a sudden surge of pain in my neck. And looking at the floor I found blood that seemed to have come from me I felt my face to find that it had come from my lip where my lip ring should have been. Probing my lips with my tongue I found something horrifying. There was a strange taste and it was not that of food it was more of a, how shall I say it, clinical taste.

In disgust I flinched and coiled up automatically the same way I would if I had seen a spider. I found my self being pulled towards my feet. What was going on? there was white straps over my ankles. I looked at my legs to find that there was a strange almost like surgical doctor's gown and trousers on. I looked at my hands and arms which seemed to be pale and lifeless now which had the faint foreshadow of elaborate and colourful designs on it. It seemed like a sleeve of tattoos had once been on this skin but now nothing. Could I possibly still be me? I felt my body starting from the bottom leading up. Looking at my chest across it in what was like a stamp was the numbers 627. Could there really have been 626 others before me? Where are they now? What is happening to me? And most importantly who am I?

A figure stood in the doorway with a glare of white coming from behind it "So is it Giggle monster or is it another of those stupid names that you what is it Killjoys call yourself? Ha so much for being fabulous you can't even look after the others if you are here with us? Wait what am I talking about you will get them soon enough don't worry!" I looked at the figure trying to decipher what he was on about but hearing his deep quiet words got me more and more lost. I looked at him the way you would look at a child who has just started talking about vampires as if they would hurt people and were real. "Oh I forget how stupid of me. You don't know who you are do you? Well this will be fun ok. You are draculoid 627 from now on and I am in charge. What ever you do you do not fight back or go were you are not told to go and under no circumstances talk to another or go near S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W! Is that clear?" Not knowing of what to say to it I said yes and lay back down because his voice was so soothing and it made my head spin.

It had been almost a week since I had been told to come here and volunteered to be part of this job. I don't remember why but it is l I can think of. But it has its perks I get to wear my mask so if there is any problems during the day such as if I took my sleeping pills a bit too late and I was still tired in the morning I could put on the 'nap recovery patch' and sleep off what I need to and no one will ever know. It also came in handy if I accidently let one slip no one can see me smirk my one half smirks or see me blush in embarrassment. But to every excitement there is always a disappointment and that was the longing to be something else. The feeling like there was something or someone missing but I let that pass and carried on watching over our proud empire which was Battery City where only the pure ones like us dracs live and not the filthy scum that get bought in from battle which are called the killjoys.

There was a breach. A red siren had been flashing as someone in black with a red scarf tightly wrapped around their head and also up over their mouth as not to breathe in the toxic air but most importantly not to be seen or so it seemed. I had the suspicion that she was a girl by the way she was shouting in a very feminine way. "Blood Red Raven, Vexed Vampxie, Rebel Devil, Purple Toxin, Unspoken Protector for god sakes where are you all hear me just snap out Killjoys unite again please go go GO!!!!!" She jumped around shouting these nonsense words as if they meant something. It seemed like a bit of voodoo seeing as some of the dracs took care of her and ran out with her. In total we had lost 5 Dracs that morning. But the same person came back this time with her scarf down showing her flowing brown hair as she ran in and darted straight to 3 different dracs and pulled off their masks to reveal faces that seemed to spark something but I didn't get much of a look seeing as there was a sharp shot right behind me. I turned to see another of them grabbing a drac by their arm and pulling them out of the door with force. By the time I had looked around all I could see was red hair, dyed blonde hair and afro haired males running out holding hands pulling each other along. That is when it hit me that something was missing.

It seemed like days were rolling by so slowly one drug dose after another until I finally got a decent job. I got double dose of amnesia and was put in the observation suite by a drac with their mask on slanted. I had to trawl through 5 weeks of footage from the same cameras to find out where the dreaded killjoys entered and escaped from and I had to write it down with pen and then leave it there. I would only have an hour and it would only be me in the room. It was possibly the only room in the building with no camera on it. All that was going round my head was the flashes of red from the hair. It made me look down at myself and I kept seeing the faint shadows of what could have been a tattoo so out of curiosity I drew over it all up my arms leaving my hand clear.

Then I saw it. The little girl on the floor in the holding room and I felt a faint trigger. Her curly hair was out of control and it reminded me of the other person who ran away. I looked at my arm and saw the names on it. It was 'Kobra Kid', 'Party Poison' and 'Jet Star'. Could this mean anything? It was almost like a tribal names or maybe even army names like they do in the war to make it easier to recognise people. She turned and looked at the camera almost as if she was looking straight at me into my soul trying to reach something that had been hidden for a while. Jazz hands, she was doing jazz hands then it hit me who I really was. I had shaky hands by now. I took off my mask and looked into the screen and in the reflection I saw my face and I knew I was a killjoy. But not just any killjoy I was Fun Ghoul. I had my friends watching over me and they escaped. I let out a soft laugh that was all girly and uplifting and giving a half smile I knew that I needed to escape but what is it to escape without being stylish. I put my mask on knowing that someone would come in and I had to remember I was under amnesia. Wait a second amnesia how come I remember this entire hour. I thought back to the person who gave it to me. Tall, broad built, definitely a man. Then like a bolt of lightening it hit me. Dr Death Defying! It had to be. My Gun my gorgeous green laser gun where is it? I want my little Jamia which I named after my gorgeous girlfriend so I know that I always have her with me. I had another quick glance at the screens and several cameras to see where the store room is.

I went out and shook my head the way I saw all the others that had come out in the past from there. I knew where to go its just trying to get there with out being recognised. By now I had a full grin on my face luckily enough no one could see it. I found that lucky room and went in. Piled high was several confiscated items such as laser guns and piercings. In the corner I found the mini unicorn drawing that belonged to Kobra Kid oh how I knew he would be happy to see that again. I grabbed it but unsure on where to put I shoved it up my trousers I'm sure he wont mind seeing as he will get it back. I had found my jacket and put it on. It was so nice just like being with Party poison again. I found all of our guns and placed them in as many pockets as possible and found my lip ring. I was so pleased. Then I turned to the door and found the last few things that would finish off the look. Placing them both on I took a deep breath and opened the door slowly closing it again when I heard footsteps. Where was I going to go I needed to plan my route?

I knew what to do and opened the door and went out head down. I got to the main foyer before I stopped slap bang in the middle and ripped off the over sized drac uniform I had put on and looked up through my Frankenstein mask which now had added to it 4 sets of eye masks. And in the words of a man who was like a father to us I would die with them on if I had to. I shouted at the top of my lungs. "We shall live and you will never take me fully alive. I am a killjoy and always shall so let's pull this pin and let this world explode." With that I graciously used my laser gun and shot it in the air before grabbing the finishing touch to my costume which was a grenade. Not so graciously I pulled the pin out ran to the door yelling 'homophobia is gay' I threw it in and legged it to the desert to be happily met by my all time hero. It was Dr Death Defying and he had come to see me. I only knew about him through listening to his updates on the radio in different zones. Out of shock and surprise he lifted me up over his shoulder and took me to his van which was round the corner from where we are. "Off to Fort killjoy for you my brave soldier. Time to rest!" his voice was soothing enough but he handed me a patch which I had grown use to after being in BLind for so long. I knew it was for the best so I drifted off with the patch over my neck where my NJ tattoo had once been. To keep up with my sarcastic attitude I mumbled "For king and country eh!? Ha" then I shut my eyes and thought in my head about my best friends and being home once again with them.

It wasn't long till I woke up and was given a kings welcome by everyone and a hug from all of my close friends to find that they had taken their guns and had them in their appropriate holsters. I was soon left to sit up but Party Poison sat with me as he was talking me through what he remembered and how all of us had a trigger which was another familiar killjoy which made me think of little Grace sitting on her own in the holding room coiled up on the floor. That made me move my leg as I got a painful paper cut and it struck me I still had Kobra Kid's picture. I gave it to Party Poison to give back to Kobra Kid his brother and he thanked me gave me a gentle kiss on the cheek then left. I know I shouldn't but I thought after that that there could be something between us. Maybe in the future anyway. But for now I felt like sleeping or I might miss out on the next fun adventure with the rest of my friends. We really had true lives that were fabulous. Good old killjoys getting in danger everyday.
Sign up to rate and review this story