Categories > Anime/Manga > Gundam Wing > The Unicorn

Chapter 3

by evilkat 1 review

Trowa meets a unicorn one day and his life will never be the same. Modern day fantasy.

Category: Gundam Wing - Rating: R - Genres: Erotica, Fantasy, Humor, Romance - Characters: Duo, Quatre, Trowa - Warnings: [?] [X] - Published: 2006-05-25 - Updated: 2006-05-25 - 3749 words

1Funny
The Unicorn- Chapter 3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



"I invited Duo over for dinner tomorrow," Quatre repeated cheerfully.

"No, no, no, no, this isn't happening," Trowa whispered to himself as he ran his fingers through his hair. The unicorn watched with a curious eye as the tall boy began to pace back and forth in the cramped space between the bed and the closet.

"Trowa, what's wrong? I thought you'd be happy." The unicorn sounded disappointed. Trowa stopped and looked up sharply at the naked figure seated on his bed.

"Happy? How can I be happy when...when he's going to be here..." Trowa's voice trailed off. In my apartment...Duo...in my apartment. "O God, what have you gotten me into, Quatre?" Trowa said breathlessly.

"I haven't gotten you into anything," Quatre answered. He was a little miffed by Trowa's initial reaction. He was doing him a favor, after all. "He's coming over for dinner, nothing else. Well, unless you want something else afterwards, but you'll have to discuss that with him." Quatre wiggled his eyebrows. Trowa's cheeks went crimson. The unicorn shifted to the edge of the bed. "You shouldn't be so worried. He seemed very excited about coming over."

"He did?"

Quatre shook his head emphatically. "Oh, yes. He said he had been meaning to ask you over to his place for a while, but never got around to it."

Trowa didn't think it was possible from him to blush any more, but after what Quatre just said he felt like he was burning with a fever. He had been harboring a secret crush on the long-haired boy for what seemed like forever. The day he moved in, Duo had been kind enough to help with a few pieces of furniture since he didn't have anyone to help him. After that day, he found himself hoping he would run into Duo in the hall or the lobby. It made Trowa feel like a stalker, but he found himself inexplicably drawn to the other boy. Not that he would ever be so presumptuous as to go over and ask Duo if he wanted to get together. No, he was far too shy and withdrawn to be confident enough to do something like that. And now, thanks to a meddling unicorn, the man who had become the main player in many a masturbatory fantasy of his would be having dinner with him in his apartment. It was too much to bear.

"What have you done to me?" Trowa moaned as he pressed his fingers against his temples. He looked up to Quatre. "What am I going to make? I have no idea what he likes to eat. What if he's a vegetarian or is allergic to certain foods? I don't want to make him sick. I ...I ..."

The unicorn stood up from the bed as soon as Trowa started babbling. The boy was definitely overreacting. Sure, Quatre had ulterior motives. If he didn't give Trowa a swift kick in the ass, the boy would spend the rest of the day fretting over what to make for Duo. As he moved closer to the auburn-haired boy, the unicorn could think of only one thing that would stop Trowa's little tirade. He reached up with both hands and cupped Trowa's face. Before the taller boy could protest, Quatre closed his mouth over his. Trowa squeaked as the unicorn opened his mouth and sucked on his bottom lip. When Quatre withdrew, he patted the side of Trowa's face lightly.

"You worry too much, Trowa. You need to relax. Everything will be fine," the unicorn said just before he turned and walked back into the living room.

Trowa watched him leave, but found he was unable to move or speak. He brought his fingers up to run along his bottom lip where Quatre's mouth had just been. Trowa had never been kissed like that in his entire life. His knees felt rubbery and he was slightly lightheaded, but in a good way. The electricity from the touch of their lips had shot straight to his groin. Is that what a real kiss feels like? He was tempted to walk into the living room and ask Quatre to kiss him again just to be sure he wasn't imagining things. Trowa realized two things at that moment- that he liked kissing and that he would like to find out what it would be like to kiss Duo like that.


~~~~~~~~~~


Duo arrived promptly for dinner at seven-thirty. When the knock came, Quatre hopped up from his chair and ran to answer the door. The unicorn was dressed in another pair of Trowa's jeans and a simple red cotton shirt. His feet were bare and with his long hair flowing free, it gave the blonde a trendy, bohemian look. There was a loud click as Quatre turned the deadbolt and opened the door.

"Hello, Duo," the unicorn greeted warmly. "Please come in." Quatre stepped aside to allow the other man to enter.

"Thank you, Quatre," Duo said as he stepped into the apartment. "Wow, something sure smells good."

"I made pasta. I hope that's okay," Trowa said shyly as he shook Duo's hand in greeting. He prayed to whatever higher power there was that Duo didn't notice that his eyes nearly popped out of their sockets the moment he stepped through the door. Duo looked good. Of course, Trowa would have thought the braided boy looked good in a garbage bag. Thankfully that was not the wardrobe choice this evening. Duo was wearing a white button-down shirt with black tribal designs that worked their way up from the bottom and around each sleeve over a pair of simple blue jeans. The top three buttons of the shirt were opened to reveal a braided silver chain that hung deliciously below his collarbone. It drew attention to the small, visible patch of chest that appeared smooth and hairless.

"Sounds perfect, I love Italian food." The big grin on Duo's face immediately put Trowa at ease. "I brought a bottle of merlot. I didn't know what we were having, but I'm not one of those snobby types that insist that certain wines go with certain meals. If I like it, I drink it."

Trowa found himself chuckling at Duo's light wit. He seemed so comfortable in every situation. Trowa wished he was more like that and not so introverted. He took the bottle from Duo and walked back into the kitchen. "I'm pretty sure I have a bottle opener," he said casually. He rummaged through his utensil drawer until he came up with the item in need. He turned around and came face to face with the dark-haired man. Trowa flinched slightly as he was unaware that Duo had followed him into the kitchen.

"Here, let me get that." Duo lifted the bottle opener and the wine from Trowa's grip and went to work on the cork by bracing the bottle against the counter. Trowa attempted to hide his surprise by opening the cabinet to retrieve the wine glasses. "You look really good tonight," Duo's soft tenor stated as he gave a sidelong glance in Trowa's direction. The delicate crystal goblets clanged together melodically as they nearly slipped from Trowa's fingers.

"Oh, thanks," Trowa replied softly. He felt the blush burning across his face and kept his head down so that his long bangs fell forward. Duo's comment made him feel slightly off balance, but exhilarated at the same time. The flattering remark meant that the braided boy had taken note of and approved Trowa's outfit, which was good because he spent hours agonizing over what to wear. And Trowa did look good. After tearing apart his closet and trying on what seemed like every shirt he owned, he had settled on a pair of black jeans and a short sleeved charcoal-grey polo shirt. The clothing gave Trowa the appearance of being taller and more elegant. He toyed with the idea of returning the compliment, but couldn't come up with anything. He didn't want to shoot back the obligatory "You too" and have it sound half-hearted. But even if he could have come up with something, it was too late now to say anything. Duo had been in his apartment less than ten minutes and already he felt like he was messing everything up.

There was a squeaky pop as the cork was yanked from the wine bottle. "Shall we?" Duo said as he raised the bottle. Trowa nodded and walked past Duo to set the glasses down on the small table set up just outside the kitchen entrance. The braided boy followed and began to fill each glass.

"I don't think I've ever had wine before," Quatre said as he watched the dark red liquid inside the glasses. "Will I like it?"

"That remains to be seen," Duo said as he handed a glass to the unicorn and then one to Trowa. "Cheers!" Duo lifted his glass in salute and Trowa gently tapped the two goblets together. When they turned to do the same with Quatre, they both stared in surprise at the unicorn chugging down the entire glass in one gulp. When the blonde was finished he sighed loudly in contentment.

"That was good. May I have some more?" he asked as he presented his empty glass to Duo.

"Sure thing, but try to make it last a little longer this time," Duo instructed. "Wine is meant to be savored." The unicorn nodded his head enthusiastically in agreement.

"Maybe you shouldn't have any more, Quatre," Trowa said cautiously. "You said you've never had it before, so you should probably go easy."

"Okay, Trowa," the unicorn groaned like a disappointed child.

Trowa eyed him warily. There was the sudden fear that Quatre might reveal himself for what he truly was in front of Duo. The thought of explaining why he had a unicorn disguised as a human living with made him shudder inwardly. The green-eyed boy watched as Duo refilled Quatre's glass with a much smaller amount than the last time. He noticed that the braided man didn't react to the unicorn the same way most other people did. Trowa could usually see the fascination in the eyes of total strangers whenever they were out in public. It only made him wonder what image Quatre was actually projecting to the world. The unicorn said some children were more perceptive than others and after that one incident in the supermarket he learned to contain his aura better. But there were still the adults that openly gawked at him. Were they innocent enough to be able to see a unicorn? Was virginity the only prerequisite for beholding this mythological beast? Quatre had stated that Duo didn't smell innocent, implying that he must not be a virgin. Did that mean that he would only be able to see Quatre as a (somewhat) normal, boy? Trowa spent many days pondering such questions and the only thing he had managed to come up with so far was a massive headache.

"Please, have a seat," Trowa said as he motioned to the table. "I'll go get dinner." He waited until Duo slid into one of the chairs before turning and walking back into the kitchen. As soon as he was out of sight, Quatre set his glass down on the table and sat down in the chair directly across from Duo.

"Duo, you have the nicest hair," the unicorn commented brightly as he propped his head on his hand. The dark-haired boy turned his attention from the kitchen to the boy across from him.

"I have the nicest hair? Please, mine looks like steel wool compared to yours," he said with a slight grin. "How do you manage to keep it so long without it getting damaged and dried out? I've tried all sorts of conditioners and lotions, but they never really work."

"I don't use anything on it other than whatever Trowa uses on his hair. It's like this naturally."

Duo's eyes widened. "Wow, I'm so jealous. But honestly, I don't know what to do with my hair anymore. I had an ex-boyfriend who tried to get me to cut it, but I just couldn't do it. I've had my braid so long that it would be like cutting off my arm." Duo's lips curved into a whimsical smile.

"Boyfriend?" the unicorn questioned, sounding somewhat mystified. "You like boys?"

Duo rubbed his hand against the back of his neck nervously. "Uh, yeah...that's not a problem, is it?"

"Oh, no," Quatre said apologetically and then smiled wickedly. "I like boys. Girls too."

"Bisexual? That's cool. Best of both worlds, huh?" Duo's body visibly relaxed as the unicorn once again nodded excitedly. He picked up his wine glass by the stem and took a sip.

"Trowa likes boys too," the unicorn chimed. A loud crash came from the kitchen and the two jumped in their chairs.

"You okay in there?" Duo called out as he leaned forward in his chair to sneak a look.

"Yes!" Trowa answered quickly with a squeak in his voice. He cleared his throat before speaking again. "I just knocked over some of the empty pots."

Duo turned back to the blonde and noticed he wore a peculiar expression. There was a mischievous twist to his lips and his bright blue eyes were focused on the opening to the kitchen until he noticed that he had an audience. When Quatre met Duo's gaze, he once again smiled broadly. The braided boy would have questioned the other boy's actions, but Trowa picked that time to appear with their dinner. The feeling tickling the back of his head that something was off vanished as soon as his stomach beheld the feast before him.

Trowa made three more trips to the kitchen to fetch all of the dishes, and once finished, he took a seat at the table between Duo and Quatre. Duo immediately began to help him dole out the spaghetti as if he had been having dinner with them for years. Duo held out a plate and once it was full, he passed it to Quatre who accepted it with a hungry look in his eyes. He then repeated the process for himself and Trowa. The green-eyed boy picked up the large ceramic bowl that contained the meatballs and sausage and helped himself and then passed it to Duo.

"Would you like some sausages, Quatre?" Duo offered when he was finished.

"No, thank you," the unicorn refused politely. "I'm a...a...what's that word again, Trowa?"

"Vegetarian, Quatre" Trowa said softly. The unicorn sat up straighter in his chair.

"Yes, I am a vegetarian," he stated proudly. Duo chuckled softly and it sounded like music to Trowa's ears. The conversation faded as the three began to eat.

Duo moaned around a mouthful of food. "This is absolutely delicious, Trowa. Did you make the sauce yourself?" Trowa nodded and looked up to meet Duo's eyes.

"Yes, I made it the same way my mother used to make it. Well, not exactly the same way. She used to make it completely from scratch with fresh tomatoes. I cheated a little and used canned tomato paste and puree, but everything else was fresh."

"Well, it's a thousand times better than any of the jarred stuff," Duo said as he looked across the table to Quatre who nodded in agreement. "The meatballs are out of this world too. Did you make them as well?" Trowa shook his head as he took a drink of wine from his glass.

"Yes, the secret is to let them cook in the sauce," Trowa responded. He felt so nervous around Duo and he hoped that didn't sound like he was babbling. The conversation continued as they finished their meal. Trowa listened as Duo told them about his struggles to break into the photography world. The braided boy was wildly animated when he spoke, waving his arms to punctuate the different aspects of his stories. Trowa found himself completely mesmerized by the other boy's presence.

God, here I am, drooling over him like some school girl. I can't help it; he's so wonderful and entertaining. He must think I'm so boring. I don't have any funny stories I can share. My head feels fuzzy...must be the wine. I'd better stop drinking it. I should probably stop Quatre from drinking any more as well.

Trowa looked over to the unicorn. He was doubled over, laughing at something Duo had just said. Yup, definitely need to cut him off. When they finished eating, Trowa stood and began to clear the empty dishes. Duo once again began to help. They left Quatre sitting at the table by himself. The unicorn was giggling madly at something and Trowa had no clue as to what it was.

"How much wine did he drink?" he asked Duo when they were alone in the kitchen.

"Not sure...two maybe three glasses."

"I don't think he ever drank anything alcoholic before," Trowa said as he took the plates from Duo and stacked them in the sink.

"Really?" Duo seemed shocked by that revelation. "That's unusual. He's your age right?"

"No, he's actually a little older." Yeah, a few hundred years older.

"But still, I had my first drink when I was thirteen." Duo leaned back against the counter and folded his arms loosely over his chest. "Man, I was a rebellious little punk growing up. Part of the reason I grew my hair out was because it pissed my old man off to no end." Trowa turned to face the long-haired boy.

"You didn't get along with your parents, I take it," he stated softly. Duo flashed a quick smile, but didn't answer. There was an awkward moment of silence as the two stared at each other across the cramped kitchen.

"Trooowa!" Quatre's drunken voice called from the dining area. "Are we going to have dessert now?" It gave Trowa an opportunity to change the subject.

"Did you want to stay for dessert? I have ice cream," he asked shyly. Duo looked down at his watch.

"I'm sorry, I can't. I'm supposed to meet my agent later. We've been working with this one gallery to try and get them to showcase some of my pictures. I'm meeting with the owner tonight."

"Oh, okay," Trowa said and found he needed to look anywhere other than Duo's face. He tried not to sound disappointed, but he didn't think he pulled it off too well. Duo reached out and gently clasped Trowa's upper arm.

"Hey, it's not like I'm trying to ditch you or anything. I had a really good time and I would like to do it again sometime." Trowa's head snapped up and he met Duo's eyes. His pulse was racing.

"I...I would like that too," he stammered. Why do I always manage to sound like an idiot? He's staring at me with that smile again. And why did I never notice the color of his eyes before? They're so blue...no, indigo. I've never seen eyes like that before.

Duo moved in closer. "Good," he said low and smooth. The confident smile never left his face as he continued his advance. As soon as he was inside Trowa's personal space, he stood up on his tip-toes and placed a kiss on Trowa's cheek, a scant millimeter from the auburn-haired boy's lips. "I'll talk to you in a day or so and we'll set something up, okay?"

Trowa could only nod his head. His vocal abilities fled the second Duo's lips touched his face. He kissed me. He...he kissed me. Okay, it wasn't a kiss kiss, but it was something. Duo turned and began walking out the kitchen. Trowa followed him, albeit a little dazed.

"See you around, Quatre," Duo said with a wave as he passed the table on his way to the door.

"Oh, you're leaving?" the unicorn said with a pout.

"Don't worry. We'll do this again soon. Bye." And with another smile aimed a Trowa, Duo was out the door.

Trowa leaned against the metal door for a moment, reflecting on the night's events. Despite feeling that he acted like a complete dullard, he did have a good time. Judging by Duo's reaction, it seemed like the long-haired boy had fun as well. Trowa's chest tightened with an anxious, giddy feeling that he couldn't recall ever feeling before. A contented grin turned his lips up and remained as the rest of the evening passed in a cloudy, dream-like state.


~~~~~~~~*

"Trowa, my head hurts," Quatre complained as he crawled into the bed.

"That's because you drank too much wine." The unicorn groaned loudly into the pillow.

"I don't think I like wine anymore. I'm never drinking it again."

Trowa chuckled softly and Quatre shot him an angry look. He brushed it off and turned so that he could pull the hung-over unicorn closer and let him rest his head on his shoulders. He was still on a high from dinner earlier and didn't mind cuddling a little with Quatre. He knew the unicorn would appreciate it and he felt a little indebted for the success of his first pseudo-date with Duo.

Trowa had just closed his eyes and began to drift off when he felt Quatre squirm around. He thought nothing of it, other than the unicorn attempting to find a comfortable position until Quatre began sniffing him.

"Quatre, what are you doing?" he asked groggily. The unicorn didn't speak, but kept smelling along his neck and chest. Quatre's long hair tickled his nose and he brought up a hand to brush it from his face.

The unicorn sat up suddenly. "You smell different," he said cautiously.

"Different- good or different- bad?" Trowa asked. The unicorn bent down again and sniffed all around his face before sitting up again.

"He kissed you. His scent is all over you."

Trowa wasn't sure, but he thought he heard a tinge of jealousy in Quatre's voice. "He kissed me on the cheek. Jealous?" The unicorn didn't respond to Trowa's jibe, but instead threw his leg over Trowa's hips and straddled the boy. "Whoa, Quatre, what the hell are you doing?"

Quatre looked down at him. The drunken haze was gone from his eyes. "Our time is coming to an end, Trowa Barton. Soon you will make a choice, and from that moment on your life will never be the same."


TBC........
Sign up to rate and review this story