Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Surviving High School

~*~And That's Probably Why You Have A C....~*~

by Rebel009 1 review

Chapter Two

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor, Romance - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome - Published: 2006-05-25 - Updated: 2006-05-26 - 1832 words

0Unrated
Chapter Two

Inuyasha drove up to the parking lot of a tall brick building near the city limits, he lived alone in an apartment. His parents had died many years ago and had left him and his half brother a great deal of money. Kagome had been with him the entire time, comforting him when the reality of his parents' death hit him hard at times. His brother had literally disowned him, took his share of the inheritance and left without saying a word, which was just fine with Inuyasha. They had never really gotten along anyway and he was more than happy to have him out of his hair.

It was a nice place that had two bedrooms, a kitchen, and a living room. Surprisingly, it was always kept very clean, well as clean as a teenage boy can keep it. Kagome took her duffle bag and placed it on the bed of the guest bedroom. Inuyasha had practically given her the room since he had her stay a lot. It wasn't always because of Naraku, sometimes it was to help each other study for final exams, or when her family went on vacation, or just for no real reason at all. Inuyasha never really found it lonely living by himself, because he really didn't. Although, that was kept a secret between them, the Higurashi family, and Sango and Miroku. A lot of people wouldn't exactly think it proper for a young girl to spend the night alone with a young boy.

Kagome sat on the couch next to Inuyasha, sitting cross-legged and leaning her back against the arm rest. Inuyasha propped his feet onto the coffee table and stretched.

"So what do you want to do for dinner?" he asked.

"Hmm... are the choices anything besides pizza, take out, or ramen?" she asked playfully.

"Nope," he laughed.

"Then it doesn't matter," she said, smiling. "You know, you keep that diet and your going to have a heart attack before your thirty."

"All right, mom." he groaned and got up to call the pizza place. He was too tired to cook any ramen that night anyway. They worked on their homework at the kitchen counter while waiting for the delivery man. They buzzer sounded, signaling that he was at the front door. Inuyasha started to head for the stairs, but Kagome stopped him.

"Hey, it's okay. I'll pay for it," he attempted, but she just shook her head..

"No, no. You paid for me last time, it's my turn. I'll be right back." she said, and she ran out the door and down the stairs. Inuyasha sighed and went to the entertainment center to pick out a movie, their common yet special tradition. Kagome returned holding two medium pizzas, one pepperoni, one everything.

"I honestly don't know how you can eat this much and not hurl," she sighed. He chuckled. "So what did you pick?"

"The Ring," he said, smiling evilly.

"Great..." she said sarcastically. "You do realize I will be keeping you up all night."

"That's okay, I can sleep through math." he replied, popping the movie into the DVD player.

"And that's probably why you have a C."

"I'll get it to a B, don't worry."

"Yeah, right..." she mumbled setting the boxes on the coffee table and heading towards the kitchen for sodas. Inuyasha smirked.

"That's it!!." he cried and tackling her from behind. He straddled her waist, pinning her arms to her sides, and started tickling her mercilessly.

"All right.....all right..... I give up..... You win, Inuyasha." she cried between laughs. He stopped and smirked victoriously.

"Say I'm smarter than you." he said.

"Oh, hell no." Inuyasha raised an eyebrow and was about to tickle her again until she cried, "You pizza's getting cold."

"NOO!!" he yelled and jumped off her. She started laughing hysterically until Inuyasha hit her in the face with a pillow.

The movie lasted until ten o'clock. Kagome had clung to Inuyasha's arm several times throughout the film, which he didn't mind too much. She refused to go to her room when it ended, so he sat with her on the couch, his arms wrapped around her shoulders, watching TV. Soon enough she fell asleep against his shoulder and he smiled softly, kissing the top of her head. He carried her into the room and laid her on the bed.

For a few minutes he watched her sleep. She was his best friend, and he had discovered many years ago that he had fallen in love with her. Miroku and Sango had found out accidentally and had been bugging him ever since to tell her, but he just wasn't sure he was ready to do that. He didn't want to lose her as a close friend by blowing it, he would tell her eventually. If he didn't he'd explode, just not now. He turned off the TV and went to his room.

The next morning Inuyasha woke up to a loud crash coming from the kitchen. He quietly crept out of the bedroom and smirked as he saw Kagome bending over her fallen backpack, books and papers strewn about the floor.
"Oh, that was brilliant," she muttered, placing the things in her pack. Inuyasha laughed softly and she looked up nervously. "Sorry." she said.

"That's okay, I had to get up anyway." he replied. Kagome had already taken a shower and was dressed in a khaki cargo pants and a gray long sleeved shirt for the school diving team. On the front it said in green letters 'NORTH TOKYO HIGH DIVE TEAM' and had little green waves. On the back it had the names of the coaches and all the members of the team. On the left sleeve was her name. Today they had a meet, and she and Sango always wore their shirts.

"Give me a sec and we can get going, okay?" he said, realizing that he was still in his shirt and boxers.

"No hurry." she called back. In ten minutes he was back in the kitchen, hair still wet from the shower. He wore black jeans and a gray shirt Kagome had given him for his birthday that said 'Demons are jerks and humans are morons... does that make me both?'. They walked to Inuyasha's convertible and left for another day of school, also known as hell on earth.
***************************
The day moved by quick enough and now a quarter of the student body gathered in the bleachers of the pool, cheering on members of the diving team. Inuyasha and Miroku sat in the balcony seats so they could get a better view. Sango's second dive had just passed recently and she had received a 8.5. She walked up the stairs in her flip-flops, a white towel wrapped around her waist, and sat down next to her boyfriend. He kissed her cheek.

"Hey you were great," Miroku said. Sango smiled.

"Thanks,"

"Where's Kagome?" Inuyasha asked.

"She's coming up next. She's really nervous, this is her toughest dive." Sango said.

"I'm sure she'll do fine." Miroku replied.

Seconds later Kagome climbed up the ladder to the 12 foot dive platform. Even without his demon hearing, Inuyasha could tell that she was breathing hard, and it wasn't from being tired. She glanced over and he smiled and winked at her. She grinned and calmed down a bit, ready to go on. She took a deep breath and walked over to the edge of the platform staring down at the calm water. Things always seemed much higher when you were about to jump.

She placed her hands down, fingers gripping the edge, and kicked her feet up straight, locking into a perfect handstand, her back facing the water. It was at these times Kagome was thankful that the dive suit was a one piece instead of a two like the polo. She let herself fall over the edge gracefully, then did a double flip and attempted to dive cleanly into the water, but could not stop the spinning in time. The front half of her body entered perfectly, but her legs went to far forward creating a medium sized splash. Everyone cheered loudly as she surfaced, but she only sighed and frowned as she pulled herself up and out. Kagome glanced at the score board and saw the average score of a 9.0.

She blew the wet bangs out her face and looked up at her friends standing in the balcony. Sango waved and mouthed sorry. Kagome smiled sadly and shrugged, mouthing 'oh well'. Sango ran back down to the deck and sat down with her friend on the team bench. Inuyasha and Miroku sat back down and sighed. Miroku ran a hand through his hair.

"That girl's way too hard on herself, others would kill to get that kind of score on a simple dive." he sighed. Inuyasha nodded.

"That's just how she is." he replied.

"Well, if she gets anymore stressed out, she'll make herself sick."

"I wouldn't worry too much about it." Inuyasha said, getting up from his seat again. The meet was over. They waited outside the locker room doors again, discussing plans for the weekend. Kagome and Sango walked out, sports bags slung over their shoulders. Sango was wearing green sweatpants over her swimsuit, as with Kagome but her pants were gray. Sango's hair was combed and hung down around her shoulders, while Kagome's was put into a high ponytail. She didn't like the feeling of wet hair on her skin all that much. They glanced at the boys and walked over smiling. Inuyasha could tell Kagome was hiding her slight disappointment. Miroku took Sango to her house while Inuyasha drove Kagome to the shrine.

"You were really good Kagome, you know that," Inuyasha said. "No, I still can't get that dive, I've tried a million times, I always land wrong." she sighed heavily and leaned back in the car seat. Inuyasha wasn't sure how to make her feel better, so he just stayed quiet, giving her some space. He pulled into the shrine driveway and walked her to the door, carrying her bag. Kagome unlocked the door, smiled at Inuyasha and thanked him as she took the bag.

"Are there any major plans for tomorrow?" he asked, leaning against the doorframe. Kagome shrugged.

"No, not really. Sango and I were thinking about going to the mall to hangout. She'll most likely bring Miroku so why don't you meet us there, we could go to a movie or something." she said.

"All right. I see you around ten then." he said.

"Okay, thanks for the ride, bye."

"Yeah, see ya." Inuyasha walked back to the car and backed out. Kagome waved goodbye and stood in the door until his car was out of sight. She then slung her bag over her shoulder, and locked the door behind her.

(A/N: Well, that's chapter two. Kinda of boring, but some chapters are. Evil Kikyo will enter next time...Ha Ha Ha!!!!)
Sign up to rate and review this story