Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

So Long and Goodnight, Darling

by Kill_the_mainstream 2 reviews

I guess these are my words and feelings on the loss of Lauren (unitedsuck007). We will remember you forever, honey...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Published: 2011-05-16 - Updated: 2011-05-16 - 593 words - Complete

1Moving
As some of you may know, we, as an MCR-Ficwad community, have recently lost someone near and dear to many of our hearts. Lauren (unitedsuck007) was an inspiration to us all, and even in the worst of times she took a minute to update us on what was going on. She was a lover, a hater, a writer, a friend, and just one of the most all-around amazing individuals I have ever had the fortune to come accross in this confusing journey called life. First finding out that she was gone was a huge rollercoaster of emotions for me. Sure, I went through my denial period, but I have finally come to terms with the fact that she isn't physically with us anymore. I say physically because a person's body is only a shell for their minds and souls to temporarily reside in. I have never actually met her, but when you really get to know a person through mind and soul, what more do you have to gain from meeeting them face-to-face? Wherever she may be at this moment, whether it be glaring down at us, smiling up at us, or both (Heaven for the climate and Hell for the company), atleast she died knowing that she has an entire family of people on here that truly care about her and will carry her memory on with us for the rest of our lives.

I feel honored beyond belief that she mentioned me in her death note, talking about my haikus and how surprised she was that I'm only thirteen. I honestly cried, I was so touched. I thought of her as a friend, and she obviously thought of me as one as well. She was the light in our shadowland, shining so bright that the sun was ashamed to rise and be.

When I started writing this note, I was going to use a quote from Helena, The End., The Ghost Of You, or another inspiring song, but now that I really think about it, I have realized that I should just let her writing speak for itself. Whenever she posted something particularly sad or dark, she would always say how it was just her being depressed. She never really gave herself enough credit though. Everything she wrote was beautiful and honest. Real life isn't always rainbows and butterflies, why the hell should a story be? It was how much effort and how much truth she put in every single piece of her writing that really gave it character, that really seperated it from the other talented pieces of writing on Ficwad, that truly made it Lauren.

I think that I've said enough. If I say much more, I think I'll cry again. If you know my character on Full of Holes, MCR's tour manager, you'll know that I'm not prone to breaking down in tears. This is just one of those times where I feel that tears are necessary to express my sadness. I believe that Lauren wouldn't really want any of us crying over her death too much though. When someone passes, you must remember to focus on the good that they have done during their life and not to dwell on the fact that they will no longer be on this earth. Lauren, you will live through us for as long as my heart continues to beat in this cage of a chest.

"...even if you're dusted, you may be gone, but out here in the desert, your shadow lives on without you."

Rest In Peace
-Maria
sXe
Sign up to rate and review this story