Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Trying Hard

Trying Hard

by sparkle_monster 2 reviews

Rewrite of an old story. Deicated to Lauren aka unitedsuck007.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-05-16 - Updated: 2011-05-16 - 1360 words

0Unrated

Dedicated to Lauren aka unitedsuck007. May your wonderful humor carry on. 

Before I start I wanna say this is going to be a new version of count to seventeen and close your eyes. If y'all remember that it was an epic fail and three quarters so I'm just gonna posh and spiffy it up. So enjoy! I also have like the next 5 chapters or so written out so prepare!
__________

I woke up at 3:30 again due to my parents fighting.... Again. It's like this almost every weekend. Mom comes home late and drunk and dad, well dad just gets the living shit beat out of him. He doesn't ever start the fight. Ya know? Sometimes their fighting gets so bad I have to spend a couple of nights at my uncle Mikey's house just so my parents can cool off. I've always asked my dad why he just doesn't take me and leave. I couldn't stand my mom. She was selfish and ignorant and took everything for granted. She never talks to me and she hits me when dad is gone. But my daddy says because he still is in love with her. 
 I sighed and rolled over on my back starring up at my white ceiling. I wanted to walk out there to see why they were fighting and what was going on. 
 I heard a door slam loudly and the sobs of frustration from my dad. That means it safe to go out. I threw off my blanket and slipped on my puppy dog slippers. I dragged my feet into our living room and sat down next my dad on our overstuffed white couch. We just sat in silence for a bit, waiting for his sobs just to calm down. 
"What happened this time?" I questioned.  He rubbed his eyes and looked up at me. 
"I wish I knew." he said. Again, we sat there silently. Listening to the wall clock /tick tock tick tock/. All of a sudden the door that leads to my parents room swings open with quite some force. She saw me and glared. She came over to me and grabbed my hair. I hissed at the pain it was causing on my scalp. 
"Your supposed to be sleeping! Why are you awake?" she said through her gritted teeth. I didn't answer. She pulled my hair even harder. 
"ANSWER!" she yelled. She now had me pinned against the wall still, pulling my hair. 
"I.... I couldn't sleep" I stuttered. She lifted up her hand, ready to sock my right in the jaw when both her hands were pulled away causing me to fall to the hardwood floor. 
"Hit me all you want, but do not lay a finger on my daughter" my dad said pulling my mom away from me. He had this look in his eyes. One I've never seen before. It was a mix between anger, protectiveness, love, and seriousness.
  She started yelling and hitting here and there. I couldn't make out what she was saying though. I crawled back to my room and grabbed my iPhone from my nightstand. I quickly called Mikey's cell. 
"Pick up you hoe!" I said after the fifth ring. 
"Hello?" I heard a groggy voice say in the other line. 
"Mikes? It's Bandit. They're fighting again. Please come over!" I said to him. 
"Yeah I'll be right there stay on the line okay hun?" before I could answer I heard him tell Alicia he'll be right back. I hear him start his car. Five minutes passed of silence. Just then I heard my father scream "YOU SELFISH UNGRATEFUL SELF CENTERED BITCH!" I never heard him yell like that before. Never. 
"You still there?" he asked. I sniffed, not realizing I've been crying. 
"yeah" I said weakly. 
"I'm just pulling in right now. I'll see you inside" with that we hung up.
  I walk back out to the living room. I saw Mikey pull my mom off my dad. My dad was kneeling on the floor holding a ripped up tape. The tape was his performance of Peter Pan. My great grandma also had her last words to him on there. My dad got up from the floor holding the broken tape. Mikey stepped in front of my view of my dad to talk to my mom. 
  When I saw Mikey's appearance I laughed. His hair was sticking out on end. He had his shirt that said "Unicorns Are Real" and his south park boxers on. Not to mention unicorn skippers. 
"Lynz, you need to leave. Pack your stuff and go find someplace else to live and someone else to torture" Mikey said. Furious, she went in her room and slammed the door behind her. 
"You good bro?" Mikey asked. My dad just nodded and sat back down on the couch. 
"Wait… why'd you come?" he looked at his brother curiously. 
"Oh Bandit called" he said. My dad smiled. I came out from behind the corner to join them on the couch. 
"Nice outfit Mikes" I joked with him. 
"Ha ha very funny miss Jack Skeleton pajamas" we all laughed because we all agreed we had queer pajamas. My mom comes out with all her stuff packed. 
"Bandit let's go" she said. 
"No" I simply responded. 
"Excuse me? I am your mother and you shall obey me" she grabbed my wrist and pulled me up standing. Her face was in mine and I can smell the stench of vodka in her hissing breath. 
"I don't wanna go with you. I don't want you back either. Wherever you go stay there. Don't let us know where you are. Don't come back for holidays or birthdays or your goddamn anniversary. It's about time you just fucking left me and dad and Mikey and anybody else you mind fucked with. Your insane. Leave don't come back." it felt good to get all that off my chest. I've been wanting to say that for a long time. 
"Bye bitches have fun fucking yourselves!" she said. 
"Very mature but I'll be glad too!" Mikey said sarcastically. 
"Oh and before I go, here bastard" she took her wedding ring off her finger and chucked it at my dads head. 
It was an awkward silence for a while. Mikey stood up.
 " Bye!" 
with that he walked out the door. 
"I'm gonna head off to bed. Night sweetheart" my dad leaned over and kissed my forehead. I walked in my room and plopped down on my bed. At least an hour passed and I have yet to sleep. Sighing, I got up and tip toed to my dads room and laid down next to him. 
"What" he said in a tired tone. 
"I can't sleep. Sing to me"
"Bandit your almost 17/"
"Please?" I begged him. I loved when sang to me as a kid. It would put me back to sleep instantly. He sighed. 
"Move your body when the sunlight dies
Everybody hide your body from the scarecrow
Everybody hide
Make a wish when your childhood dies
Hear the knock, knock, knock when she cries
We're all alone tonight
Hold your breath when a black bird flies
Count to seventeen and close your eyes
I'll keep you safe inside
He burns my skin
Nevermind about the shape I'm in
I'll keep you safe tonight yeah, yeah
Move your body when the sunlight dies
Everybody hide your body from the scarecrow
Everybody hide
Blow a kiss at the methane skies
See the walls through your playground eyes
We're all in love tonight
Leave a dream where the fallout lies
Watch it grow where the tearstain dries
To keep you safe tonight
He burns my skin
Nevermind about the shape I'm in
I'll keep you safe tonight yeah, yeah
Move your body when the sunlight dies
Everybody hide your body from the scarecrow
Everybody hide
Love, love
Love won't stop this bomb, bomb
Love won't stop this bomb, bomb
Love won't stop this bomb
Run, run, bunny, run run run bunny run!
Move your body when the sunlight dies
Everybody hide your body from the scarecrow
Everybody hide"
Before he finished the song I already fell into sleep. 
Sign up to rate and review this story