Categories > Original > Romance > My Past Love

My Past Love: 2 - Friends?

by xBoyCrazieeXXXF 0 reviews

I wonder what secrets lay in the pages and what that girl has been through. But, as I went through the pages I found something very weird.

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2011-05-16 - Updated: 2011-05-16 - 1164 words

0Unrated
The next day, I went back to the mental hospital and found Cassandra in her room, sitting on the floor. I rubbed my eyes before going in.

"Hi." I said.

"Hello." she said.

I looked around the room, it was darker than the other room. There was a window in the far corner. It was shaped like a rectangle and had bars on it, so the only thing that could come in were the rays of sunshine and bugs. I came over to her and sat down. This time I noticed that her hair was in front of her face, unlike last time.

"So..." I trailed off. I didn't know exactly what to ask her.

"If you want to know about my past or my problems, then you can forget it, 'cause I'm not telling you anything." she replied.

"Ok, well, I just want to be friends."

"Nobody's friends with me, so why you?"

"I don't know, you seem like an interesting person. And I'm a very lonely person, I don't have any friends either."

She looked down as if thinking for a while.

"So, what do you say? Friends?" I asked, putting my hand out.

"Fine," she finally said, shaking my hand. "But, if you ask me one question about my past, then I'll-"

"I promise I won't." I'll get her to tell me herself.

I talked with her some more and got to know her, then I went back home. I went into my office, which was filled with books, most of them about medical and it also had a wooden table, black computer chair, and a black notebook laptop. I got on my laptop and started looking stuff up. My cat, Milkshake, walked over to me and licked my hand.

"Hey there, Milky." I said to her. I was always talking to Milkshake and oddly enough she always understood.

I put a hand on her peach colored skin and stroked her fur.

"All I have to do now is find her parents' address and see if I can get any information out of them."

"Meow!"

"Alright, I'll get you some milk first."

I went into the kitchen and took out a milk carton out of the fridge. I poured some of it into a saucer and was about to take it back into the office, but I heard my phone ringing. I took it out of my back pocket and answered it.

"Hello?" I said.

It was my boss, Mr. Mitchels.

"Hey, James, how's it goin' so far?" he asked.

"It's going." I answered.

"Good to hear that."

"Hey, do you know where the girl's parents live?"

"It's in the file."

"Oh."

I looked around the room and tried to remember where I had kept that file.

"Please tell me you didn't lost it!" Mr. Mitchels said into the phone.

"I didn't lose it, in fact it's right in my hand right now." I lied. "Uh, I'll call you back."

I hung up before he could respond.

"Hey, Milkshake," I said, as Milkshake walked over to me. "You remember that file I brought yesterday? Where did I put it? Find it for me and I'll give Milkshake some milk."

"Meow!"

She raced off to somewhere, I followed behind her into the living room. She hopped up onto the couch and sat down. I reached my hand into the couch and felt something, I pulled it out and saw the file in my hands.

I kissed Milkshake's head. "Thanks, Milky." I put the milk bowl down and watched her lapping at it with her small pink tongue.

I opened the file and found some pictures on Cassandra and a few pages that had information on her such as her height, weight, age and other important stuff. I finally found the paper I was looking for, the paper that contained Cassandra's address. The next day, I had gone over there before meeting Cassandra. When I got there, I got out of the car and rang the doorbell. A middle aged woman answered it. She had light brown hair and blue eyes, she resembled Cassandra.

"Hello." she said.

"Hi, I'm your daughter, Cassandra's doctor and I have some questions for you. May I come in?" I said.

"Of course."

She moved aside and I walked in. From the outside, the house was small, but on the inside it was huge.

"Who is it, honey?" a male voice asked.

A man came out of what I assumed was the kitchen and looked at me. He had black hair and green eyes. I was about to say something to him, but Mrs. Eltics beat me to it.

"This is Cassandra's doctor, he wants to ask us something." she replied.

"Oh."

We all sat down in the living room. I was sitting alone on a gray armchair, while Mr. and Mrs. Eltics sat together on a gray couch across from me. I asked them a few questions and they answered back.

"Do you know about anything that has happened in your daughter's past?" I asked.

"No, she never told us anything." Mr. Eltics answered.

"Did she ever tell anyone like her friends?"

"As far as I know she had no friends, Cassandra was a very lonely girl," Mrs. Eltics answered this time. "But, she did keep a diary, maybe it'll help."

She went upstairs and I followed her. We went up to Cassandra's room. The walls were blue and were mostly covered in posters. Posters of bands, I was familiar with most of them, but it's been a while since I've listened to music. She also had a big Queen sized bed, it was blue as well. Most of the things in her room were blue, except for her pillows, they were a light pink. Her mother went over to one of them and took something out from underneath it. Mrs. Eltics handed me the it and I noticed it was a diary. It was a small brown book with her name written on it in gold letter and in script. I went downstairs where the father was still seated at the couch, and Mrs. Eltics followed behind.

"Thank you both for your help." I said to them.

I was getting ready to leave, but I was stopped by the mother.

"Wait! How is our little Cassandra? Is she alright?" she asked.

"She's fine. And I'll have her cured in no time." I walked out the door and back into my car.

I drove to the hospital, but I didn't get out. Instead, I sat in the car and looked at the small diary. I opened it and on the first page it read: This diary belongs to Cassandra Mariah Eltics(which was underlined). It was also written in script, but instead of the letters being gold, they were brown. I wonder what secrets lay in the pages and what that girl has been through. But, as I went through the pages I found something very weird.
Sign up to rate and review this story